Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Statement from Kelly Bryant - what if?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Statement from Kelly Bryant - what if?

Sep 27, 2018, 1:10 PM

Would those of you who are upset with Kelly be less so if he'd not said anything bad about the program, and instead had released a statement something to the effect of:

I love and appreciate everything about Clemson, but my goal is to play in the NFL, and having already graduated, I must now determine the best way forward for achieving that goal. At this time I feel I will put myself in a better position for the NFL if I can start for a college team in my final year, than if I am a back up. CDS has offered me the opportunity to transfer and potentially start for another team next year, and I have graciously accepted his offer. Although it was offered for me to remain with Clemson and simply not play, I would not want to put myself or the coaches in an awkward position should a situation occur in which it may be desired that I play. It was a generous offer that I appreciate, but must decline. (he would then insert all the cool and appropriate emoticons.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Statement from Kelly Bryant - what if?

Sep 27, 2018, 1:12 PM

Yes, absolutely

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 27, 2018, 1:15 PM

It would have served him and his decision much better but I’m not going to judge him too harshly, I’m still saying regretful things and I’m older than 22 years old.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:20 PM

This isn’t meant as a bad thing on Kelley but every one I hear talk about the NFL ,says he has no chance to play there.Are they wrong or does he have a chance to play there?

Sep 27, 2018, 1:23 PM

If you aunt had a tally whacker she would be your uncle. Stop with the dang what if's! NOBODY has an issue with him transferring, the dang issue is with lobbing grenades on the way out. Not a fair shot? PFTTTTTTT! Slap in the face? COmes of entitled as was most of his statement. Gee, i was here longer, never got in trouble, did what I was asked? I supervised peoiple and did their evaluations and that rates an M9meets minimum requirement). Time to put the KB talk to dang rest forever.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:27 PM

Perhaps not you, but I do think some people are upset simply that he’s transferring mid season.

On another note, I wonder if the folks who are supporting Kelley would still be supportive if he decides to transfer to South Carolina in order to be closer to Josh Belk‘s mother?

Via text or face-to-face with Dabo?***

Sep 27, 2018, 1:24 PM

Sep 27, 2018, 1:31 PM

Here is what would have made me happy:
1. Tell Dabo you intend to "redshirt" the remainder of the year and transfer.
2. Practice with the team every day.
3. Only play again if TL went down for a significant injury. Be prepared to step back in as starter.
4. If TL stays healthy, don't play another down and still redshirt and transfer in the Spring to the college of his choosing.

He didn't have to quit the team in September to still play another year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 1:40 PM

+1 here. That was the best option. He chose to pout.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:54 PM

Yes, completely. I'd feel better about it if he'd retract his statement now and publicly set it right that he did get an opportunity and he let his emotions control his reaction. It's understandable that he is upset, but went over the line with a false narrative at the program. He needs to man up and set that part of it straight.

Sep 27, 2018, 2:09 PM

You mean like if he had handled himself like a mature adult who understands that the job description of starting QB is “be the best QB on the roster”? Kelly showed his youth this week. He showed he still has some growing up to do. That doesn’t make him a bad person, it just leaves a sour taste in plenty of people’s mouths. People would absolutely be less upset if he had handled himself maturely. He didn’t though.

YEP!***

Sep 27, 2018, 2:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic