Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State of the Deacon: WF's ‘Pulse of the Fanbase’ Survey
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

State of the Deacon: WF's ‘Pulse of the Fanbase’ Survey

Mar 19, 2019, 11:26 AM

This is kind of interesting. Its hard to tell sometimes just how engaged the Wake fanbase is. Wake Forest basketball, once a force in the ACC, is hasn't been relevant in quite some time. They do seem excited about the Football program's future under Clawson.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2019/3/18/18259218/wake-forest-2019-pulse-of-the-fanbase-results-and-insights-deacon-fans-poll

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Wake would be better-off competing in Conference USA or AAC***

Mar 19, 2019, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Frankly...so would the DirtPeckers***

Mar 19, 2019, 12:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: State of the Deacon: WF's ‘Pulse of the Fanbase’ Survey

Mar 19, 2019, 11:42 AM

Wake will likely have a new basketball coach soon so we will see how that works out,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 12:07 PM

Wake should keep Danny Manning .

Signed
D. Manni...errr...Daniel from Kansas .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 19, 2019, 11:42 AM

sad Clemson does field a team in Other. Seems like a missed opportunity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 11:43 AM

I think they have a lot of well-wishers like my family but the core/base is small. Wake offered the Mrs a scholarship (not 4 year guaranteed, that was the sticking point). Still I quietly always want them to finish 2nd in every sport (Clemson #1). Still, talking with some of their alums is always a hoot.

Interesting that football is trending up. Basketball has been a challenge (I think they would love to have our BB "problem" right now). Then again, "hope" tends better than reality.

Mar 19, 2019, 12:03 PM

We have a couple that are very good friends. They both graduated Wake and support it in most ventures. Wake is a good school, the fans are great when we play there. They are a really small school. As small as Clemson is considered, Wake is much smaller than that. They get picked on a lot, but considering the size of the school they don’t do too bad. Winston-Salem is a nice little college town. They did a huge upgrade to their football stadium several years ago that was a large improvement.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 19, 2019, 2:17 PM

Thought I would add my 2 cents as a Wake Forest (and Clemson) graduate. We may be excited about football but in the same way South Carolina is excited about womens basketball. We are a basketball school through and through. The problem is Bzdelik killed our will and Danny was an enormous disappointment which killed our interest. If given any life Wake Basketball will coming surging back but if you look at the years of disappointment we have had it is hard to feel all that optimistic even if we do start winning again.

Mar 19, 2019, 3:11 PM

The loss of Prossor hurt a lot. He is my favorite modern ACC coach. Why did the fanbase get angry at Gaudio? That was the weird move. No patience for him but more for Bz?

If there was a school that was going make a move for Nate Oats this year, Wake should be making a push there and now.

Mar 19, 2019, 4:20 PM

Fan base loved gaudio. There were internal problems. Aka several athletes had sex abuse accusations swept under the rug and that was not going to fly. I loved prosser though was on campus when he had his heart attack and it was tough for us

Mar 19, 2019, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: State of the Deacon: WF's ‘Pulse of the Fanbase’ Survey ]

Loss of Prosser cannot go understated for that program. A great coach, competitor, and human. Tough to follow up a situation like that. I think Gaudio lost his players from support and behavior as well and since then it's been a train wreck. My State fans can also attest that being 3rd or 4th best in a state is tough for recruiting. UNC and Duke will always win the great local and nearby kids so you are competing for scraps. Takes a special coach to find success given the talent gap there.

Mar 19, 2019, 4:57 PM

Wake probably has the smallest enrollment of any D! school which leads, I t urn, to a small alumni fan base. Being in close proximity to Duke, North Carolina and North Carolina State, they have to compete with those larger schools for talent and fans. Over the years their basketball program has been much more successful than ours and their football coaches have done well with their limited amount of talent. I would kike to see them rise up to a level to compete with those neighboring schools.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 6:07 PM

I liked the response that 14 nuggets in a 12-count box or passing a pass-fail class qualified for rolling the Quad. (FWIW< Gardner Webb is the only other campus I've seen rolled in the last couple of decades.)

Mar 19, 2019, 6:19 PM

I had close friends who had ties to Wheeling Central High School (small catholic) where Sip Prosser coached for a number of years. We went to a lot of his games. His best player was Doug Wojci by far, and he usually had 3 other good to solid players. It was the 5th player he had struggles with. He had to use the best of the rest to get a 5th player. Yet thru the course of a season you watched the kid improve and gain confidence.

His in game adjustments were fantastic. Later on he said he would be happy to go back teaching history and coaching. He was a super nice guy as well. A sad loss, he was in his late 50's when he died.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic