Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Chad Morris really that big of a loss?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Would Chad Morris really that big of a loss?

Nov 26, 2012, 6:17 PM

IMO the players that Dabo recruited has made him look good. It is easy to put up big numbers when you have a the kind of players Clemson has. I like Chad and hope he stays but if he don't then I think we can find a offensive coordinator that can put up really big numbers with the talent clemson has

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a loss, but he is not irreplaceable.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:18 PM

I think Dabo would go out and find someone to run a similar up tempo offense.

yes in the short run, no in the long run

Nov 26, 2012, 6:27 PM

morris runs a special up tempo offense that would take some transition time w/ a new OC... my fear is the chad leaves before the bowl and dabo hasn't a clue how to call the plays. in the long run, there might be a better offense that doesn't put so much pressure on the defense. tajh's 2 play strike to nuk got 6 points, but didn't give the defense a rest.

Jeff Scott would call the plays...

Nov 26, 2012, 6:29 PM

if the Chad left.

You're right about the recruiting.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:21 PM

Not a single player in this O jumped on board after Morris signed on. There are some(Kelly & Hopper) that were last years class, but everyone playing a role so far have been Dabo players.

THAT BEING said, the next hire would be critical. I'd like to see Morris stay. But after the success had here at CU, with the stars on the offense, Dabo can hire almost anyone he wants.

Morons!!

You've lost your minds. We have NEVER had a O like this. Keep your nonsense up and see what you get after that. Another Rob Spence or Billy N?

Re:Offense has been good, but Morris is not the second

Nov 26, 2012, 7:21 PM

coming. Man, with the money that we are paying him, we should have no
problem replacing him. I am not going to worry about his staying or leaving.

Re: Would Chad Morris really that big of a loss?

Nov 26, 2012, 6:21 PM

Does a bear #### in the woods?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 6:24 PM

Really???? Is this what gets admitted to Clemson? Morris is the only reason why Clemson has won 20 games the last two seasons. Without him, this would not be possible. You should pray he never leaves.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:26 PM

He will leave one day. He is replaceable. Not trying to be mean, but there are tons of coordinators out there that would jump all over Clemson given our talent, facilities and willingness to pay. Morris is not far removed from high school, so to say that he is irreplaceable is silly.

He is a good one and would do wonders for someone like NCSU.

Re: State made a mistake letting OBrein go. They should

Nov 26, 2012, 7:23 PM

have spread a little money around and got him some help. The man is a good coach. At least he can beat his arch rival.

Re: State made a mistake letting OBrein go. They should

Nov 26, 2012, 7:30 PM

my son is involved with the state football program and he said they were shocked because they thought the bc win made them safe. he did say that o'brien has 4 guys on his staff who do not even attempt to recruit and that any time they're on a recruit instate and unc offers they pretty much back off. until this year state had beaten unc 5 in a row. unc had a coaching change,on probation and even now involved in a huge scandal and often play big games in front of 25k they out recruit state. state has awesome facilities,raliegh is a great city in a great location they regularly sell out and have a great tradition add it all up and it should be a winning program. yow said in her remarks that they want someone who has a passion to m ake them a top 25 program which tells me she was tired of o'brien getting it handed to him on the recruiting trail.

I think Dabo would stay in house and hire Jeff Scott.***

Nov 26, 2012, 6:24 PM

Re: I don't know about that.***

Nov 26, 2012, 7:24 PM

Re: I think Dabo would stay in house and hire Jeff Scott.***

Nov 26, 2012, 7:39 PM [ in reply to I think Dabo would stay in house and hire Jeff Scott.*** ]

that would be a huge departure from his m.o. to date...
My guess is that Dabo would look for an experienced hire.

We've won 20 games the last two years. Stop and think

Nov 26, 2012, 6:27 PM

for of how many games we would have won without his offense. He is going to be a head coach soon and I hope someone has learned from him. He is one of the best bucks Clemson athletic department has ever spent.

NO!****************

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 6:48 PM

Chad I don't think will be going any where this year. There will be better job offers next year with the O we will have at Clemson next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe too uptempo...it's not always the best to do

Nov 26, 2012, 7:27 PM

Just play solid ball.....non-uptempo would have helped our defense this year.....

Yes and NO

Nov 26, 2012, 7:48 PM

Losing Chad Morris today would be a HUGE blow inside the conference. He has been a difference maker.

Losing Chad outside the conference wouldn't be a loss. I think we have a large enough sample size that decent defenses neutralize this offense.

So- if the goal is beating up on the ACC, yes. If the goal is to become a great football team, NO. In fact, I would argue as long as we have this offense we will never be a physical offense or defense. Kevin Steele was right. We just didnt want to hear it.

Yes he is a very good coach

Nov 26, 2012, 7:49 PM

But I'm also confident we could find a good replacement.

Nov 26, 2012, 7:52 PM

To be honest, I'm still not convinced Chad Morris is the real deal. Yes, we can whip inferior opponents, but both games this season when we have faced two-notched defenses we have flopped. I don't know if Morris is to blame, if it's Tajh, or the o-line, but Morris is definitely replaceable and I would not care if he left.

Nov 26, 2012, 7:55 PM

We put 30 something on Fla. St. That was no flop. That again was on the defense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 8:00 PM

Yes, a lot of it was on the defense, but the offense played like crap in the second half of that game.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic