Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit gets "dream school" offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit gets "dream school" offer

Jun 4, 2015, 7:24 PM

Clemson commit gets "dream school" offer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit gets "dream school" offer

Jun 4, 2015, 7:33 PM

I feel like he will stick with his commitment to us but never know til he's signed on the line. Hope he proves me right fingers crossed! He's our highest rated player as of right now tho I love Fiester and don't no why he's been moving down in recruiting services

Jun 4, 2015, 8:02 PM

I'll be shocked if he stays. And that saddens me mostly because I feel 3 years with Coach V could develops this guy in to a legend.
Does Oregon even play defense???

tell em, coot!***

Jun 4, 2015, 8:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^moron^^^^

Jun 5, 2015, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit gets "dream school" offer ]

Anybody who says anything you dont like or agree with and they're a "coot". What dumbarse moron you are. you give good Tiger fans a bad name.

Re: ^^^^moron^^^^

Jun 5, 2015, 12:56 PM

LOL. What are you talking about? Can you even read? Oh I get it, you are still sore that Beasley wasn't a late round to early second round pick "at best" like you predicted. I called you out as a pretentious negative Nancy and now you're all butt hurt. Guess what...i was right and you were wrong. Get a life kid.

Jun 5, 2015, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson commit gets "dream school" offer ]

> I'll be shocked if he stays. And that saddens me
> mostly because I feel 3 years with Coach V could
> develops this guy in to a legend.
> Does Oregon even play defense???

Ask tosu does Oregon play defense?....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uh, shouldn't clemson be his "dream school"?***

Jun 4, 2015, 7:58 PM

Re: uh, shouldn't clemson be his "dream school"?***

Jun 4, 2015, 8:36 PM

Thinking samething!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Clemson is his dream school, but he just got caught

Jun 4, 2015, 9:20 PM [ in reply to uh, shouldn't clemson be his "dream school"?*** ]

up in the excitement and blurted this out without thinking, or maybe he just isn't mature and savvy enough to accurately articulate his thoughts and feelings in this way. Or, maybe Oregon is his dream school. I know what you mean - he committed to us so Clemson should be his dream school, but sometimes we forget that these are just kids who honestly, for the most part, are ill-equipped for the big stage they suddenly find themselves on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Exactly.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:45 PM

You always seem to be the voice of reason here. Kudos to you for yet another insightful well articulated post.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2015, 9:00 PM

Watching his highlight vids , they are eerily similar to Stephone Anthony's. R. Smith stick with Clemson and get your future millions by being coached up by one of the best in coach V.

I hope this kid sticks with his commitment which I believe he will. He has a chance to become the leader of a very badass defense in the next few years.

Jun 4, 2015, 9:12 PM

No need to worry yet, he just sent out a tweet that he got an offer. As weird as it sounds considering he still has a season of high school left to play, but this is pretty late in the game for a school to go after a five star. Its also not like Oregon has a tradition of excellent linebackers, or even great defenses for that matter. Also on the other side of the country - not too worried at this point.

Must be nice to play in Oregon's division...

Jun 5, 2015, 1:28 AM

0% chance Clemson goes the last 5 years in that division without 2 National Championship game appearances... and odds are, we'd have brought home at least 1 National Title.

What a Joke.

They played ARIZONA in their conference championship game last year. Stanford is a perennial 15-35 team in the country, and wouldn't be afforded that luxury if they played in our division.

I'll take one kinda tough game vs. Stanford (similar to Ga Tech in pevel of difficulty) over match-ups with both GT & FSU to make it through atop the standings every year's end.

Does Smith want to be coached by the best LB's coach in the country? Only time will tell. Be a hero at Clemson and the guy who who plays an integral part of bringing the National Crown back to the Valley?

We've waited long enough, suffered too many heartbreaks. He'd live forever a legend at Clemson.

Oregon will play nobody and sneak in to the picture a bunch more times bc of it.

"Don't pray for your life to be easy, pray you to become strong"

Coach's wont tell him this (to keep him motivated and to make sure he works his butt off before arriving on Campus), but he'll be starting in the season opener vs Auburn (probably 2 top 5 teams in the country, Gameday crew with every football fan in America tuned in to adopt Rashaun Smith as the newest household name in '16 - flying around making huge stops vs GT, UofL, FSU, SC jr, whoever our coastal foe is in the championship game, and whatever teams we we draw in rounds 1 & 2 of the playoffs.

Where's the pic of Feaster (or was it RM3) dawning the LOYALTY clemaon shirt.

Shaun, we need ya bad my man and everyone in Clemson's looking forward to seeing you become the next Stephone Anthony!

These are the most beloved Clemson players long after they go pro

Jun 5, 2015, 7:36 AM

#amiright?

whoops

Jun 5, 2015, 7:39 AM

Stanford hasn't been a 15-35 program over the last 5 years.

Jun 5, 2015, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Must be nice to play in Oregon's division... ]

Prior to last season where they struggled a bit, they went to 4 straight BCS games, won 2 of them, and won the PAC 12 twice. They've been a top 5-10 program for 4 out of the 5 years you cited. They've been better than Clemson.

And the rest of the Atlantic hasn't exactly been strong the last 5 years either. Last year with the additional of Louisville was the first time our division has really had more than 2 legitimate teams. Wake has been terrible, State has been terrible. BC has been like a .500 team. Maryland was very average before they left, and Cuse has just stunk since they joined.

Going forward i think we have some reasons to believe that the Atlantic is really improving and could be quite a bit stronger than the PAC 12 North, but over the last 5 years the Atlantic has not been better.

Re: Stanford hasn't been a 15-35 program over the last 5 years.

Jun 5, 2015, 11:13 AM

I said Clemson would easily make it to the Title game at least twice in the last 5 years with Oregon's schedule.

But you're right, Stanford hasn't been a PERENNIAL (long lasting) 15-35 team.

Since 2003, they only finished below BC, Ga Tech, FSU and NC State... coming in ranked 44th in total CFB wins.

Pre 2009 during the BCS era (aka Luck's first yr as a Starter)?

Well the only teams that bested them during that time span was SC jr (yes, even with their 0-21 losing streak), Wake Forest, Maryland, NC State, GT, BC, Clemson, FSU, Washington St, Cal (who went an amazing 1-11 in '13), Oregon St, and Oregon. Only teams worse were UVA and Duke.

Rough life for the Ducks. Think we could've won 15 more games in 12 years playing their schedule (bc that's the difference) Think any sort of hype would be sent our way and led to maybe even better recruits and more wins?

I don't know. To close to call.

Oh, and since 09... Washington, WSU, Cal and Oregon state have all been worse than Bc,GT,NCst,Mary and WF stiled topped WSU.

Oh now you shift the argument back to 2003. Nice work.

Jun 5, 2015, 1:53 PM

I'm not even going to bother responding.

Your argument was the last five years though, not 03***

Jun 10, 2015, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Stanford hasn't been a 15-35 program over the last 5 years. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and I doubt Oregon loses 5 straight to SCU

Jun 10, 2015, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Must be nice to play in Oregon's division... ]

so there's that

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's not good.***

Jun 5, 2015, 8:02 AM

Tweet has been deleted

Jun 5, 2015, 10:02 AM

I think he was just trying to thank Oregon for the offer but then he realized people might take it the wrong way.

Saw That

Jun 5, 2015, 11:16 AM

I think it was more of a young man from Maryland,playing HS Football in Florida getting an offer from a Top 10 school all the way on the other side of the country type of "Dream".

Re: Tweet has been deleted

Jun 5, 2015, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Tweet has been deleted ]

That's good news I guess.

Oregon fan here

Jun 5, 2015, 1:04 PM

Hi Y'all, not here to troll, just wanted to get the inside scoop on this development.
I follow our recruiting closely, and this tweet yesterday was the first time I've heard Oregon and Rahshaun Smith in the same sentence. He did delete the tweet but it is believable he received an offer, as yesterday we sent out about 10 of them (this is a huge number for us since we're known for being stingy with offers). I'm assuming the tweet was deleted due to the wording in it, not a mistake on the offer.
The 'dream school' comment shouldn't worry Clemson fans. We get that a lot, and most times it doesn't lead to anything more than an official visit. Last year Josh Smith and Byron Cowart both said that and that Oregon was their leader. Only Smith visited, and he committed to Florida State.
As someone said: when a top-5 school from 3000 miles with the flash and glamour of Oregon offers kids can get excited and throw in some hyperbole.
We are in desperate need of some elite LB recruits, and 1/3 of our offers have been to LBs. We swung and missed on some 5 stars last year (our hat is used to being the one lifted only to see the other one doff the pate of the elite recruit).
As far as the trash talk pointed at our defense, conference, division, etc:
* We respect Clemson. We know you guys have a top-20 program. You recruit above your weight. Duck fans have always commented on your highly rated classes. Deshaun Watson is a stud, we wanted him. I've seen a few Clemson games in the past few years; thought you guys should have beat the Criminoles. God, Florida State and their fans are the worst. Met some good ones at the Rose Bowl this year, but their fan base as a whole is just awful.
* Defense: our D is much maligned, but statistically (points, yards-per-attempt, completion % and the like) we are a solid, top-25 D. You have to remember 80% of our games are over by the half, so the numbers do get skewed. We couldn't stop tOSU's run game in the Natty. Our ILBs got plowed on inside trap plays and missed tackles.
Here are some NFL defenders we've produced lately: Haloti Ngata, Jairus Byrd, TJ Ward, Patrick Chung, Kiko Alonso, Walter Thurmond, Spencer Paysinger, Dion Jordan (sorry if any of you are Dolphins fans). Got some nice rookies for this year, Arik Armstead and Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. Top-5 pick next year in DE Deforest Buckner.
* Pac-12. I didn't know the Pac-12 was this lightly regarded in SC. I have not heard a single expert who thinks the ACC is better than the Pac. In ESPN's conference power rankings we vie with the SEC for the top spot. Stanford has been a top-10 program for the past half decade. USC (our USC) is making a comeback, although their coach is Seven Win Steve so their top ranked recruiting classes won't matter too much. UCLA is on the rise, as are Arizona, Arizona State and Utah. The only ACC teams we've played lately Virginia (2x) and Florida St, we waxed. Like the combined scores have to be around 180-40. There's probably jurisdictions where they can't broadcast such slaughters on TV. We also play as tough an OOC schedule as anyone.
* Just an FYI: since the BCS era (1998) the only power-5 team with more wins than us is Oklahoma. In the last ten years only Bama has more wins, by one. In the last five years we have more wins than anyone. Second longest streak of being ranked. Anything less than a national championship appearance is considered a failure. One of these years we'll be able to close the deal.
Anyway, back to your stud commit: don't worry, we hear about guys saying Oregon is a dream school all the time. If he does take an official, that's when you should worry. We've built $200 million of facilities recently, including the most lavish football complex ever and an educational support center for athletes that draws raves from recruits. We are limited on official visits this year (37 I believe, from the Lache Seastrunk scandal) out of the 37 who visited last year: 23 committed. We also have a group of blue chippers taking un-officials after The Opening at Nike HQ.
Good luck to you Tigers, beat FSU (so much talk from them before the Rose Bowl, and it turned out they aren't as fast or strong as a weaker Pac-12 North opponent, and coached by a complete moron) beat your USC (because we're all tired of the ESS EEE CEE chants).
God bless, and Go Ducks.
PS: here's a video tour of the new facility www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xSlBX32jx0

Classy.

Jun 5, 2015, 1:50 PM

We aren't used to competing with y'all for players. Many of us over here like to cheer y'all on - someone on here has refered to y'all as the Clemson of the West.

Good luck this season

Re: Classy.

Jun 5, 2015, 2:15 PM

Thanks, like I said we have respect for Clemson's program. I too have heard that moniker, although on the West coast it's reversed to 'The Oregon of the South' perhaps because we're both innovators who have an undeserved reputation of some big game losses?
I would LOVE to see the Ducks and Tigers play a home-and-home. That would be an entertaining series, and we love to meet new fanbases and show them some Oregon hospitality, especially in the Autzen Stadium parking lot. Had a home-and-home with Tennessee that led to a lot of new friendships and mutual respect.
Even if we don't play each other anytime soon I'm sure we'll be seeing/hearing about the other, especially as the Duck brand continues to grow and we keep making recruiting inroads into the South and East.
I, as are my fellow Ducks, am curious as to your guys recruiting success? It's clearly more than just location, or GaTech and other USC don't seem to have the same pull as you guys. Is it that Dabo and his staff are recruiting monsters, or is there more to it that we don't hear about on our side of the country?

Dabo and the staff...

Jun 5, 2015, 3:25 PM

Clemson's campus it good at selling itself, Dabo and the staff have just done a great job of branding Clemson as a family (which it very much is). Clemson offers these kids a great play to play football outside of the city, completely different than the bad neighborhoods many of these kids come from. Our coaches are also "different", Dabo is a "cheerleader" that loves to celebrate with the players, Venables is possibly insane in the best way imaginable, and our two young OC's seem to really understand the players and listen their ideas and play calls.

Jun 5, 2015, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Classy. ]

this vieo is really the best way to explain our recruiting success, obviously facilities, and 10 win seasons help but our coaches really do sell the family atmosphere of Clemson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FxUF0kl44Y&list=PLg77RaLqfskqK1CObH43_iZK7e_SQpeTH&index=2

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 5, 2015, 6:41 PM

It's certainly working. I'm jealous at some of your recruiting success, especially in getting blue chip defenders like the subject of this thread. The main complaint with Chip Kelly, and there weren't many, is that he didn't pay heed to the family aspect and 'Oregon way' the way a native Oregonian like Mark Helfrich does.
Good luck to all you Tigers, and if Smith's recruiting heats up I might be back.

Re: Oregon fan here

Jun 5, 2015, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Oregon fan here ]

What a backwards pompus-a$$ post.

1. You do realize that the Pac-12 is pumped over the ACC by ESPN bc we are a DIRECT threat to by far their largest monetary investment (sec). You also realize this is the reason wht Reece Davis stated on Gameday,"trust me, there's nothing we'd like more than for the B1G to become piwerful again", right? The more publicity that can rightfully be directed in a direction opposite the ACC (the biggest threat ESPN has of committing financial suucide), the better? Recruits see the (mis-aligned) hype and follow the crowd, in turn, bettering said teams.

2. You also realize that throughout the BCS era, your annual opponents ALL rank lower, in terms of winning percentage, than BC, GT, SC jr and FSU?

3. Did you know that in the last 5 years we've played (in addition to all the programs better than any team you play on an annual basis) Auburn and UGA?

4. I'm almost certain you weren't provided this information by ESPN, but did you know that GT beat a top 10 UGA team, Clemson slammed a pre-season #9 Spurrier led coot team, FSU embarrassed UF, and Kentucky never even considered the thought of beating UofL? And that GT murdered former #1 MSU in their bowl game? Furthermore, BC stuck it to USC? Or that top notch #16 ASU should've lost to unranked Duke (still not sure how they were gift-wrapped that match-up..... oh, wait - yeah I do). Who's the better conference? Keep in mind Clemson made a mockery of OU with it's 2nd string QB.

5. Speaking of QB's, didn't Mariotta avg 1.5 in the heisman race the last two years? Funny, Winston did the exact same. Even more mind-boggling? Add luck to the eerie 1.5 group over the 2010-11 seasons. See a trend? Oh, Hi DeShaun! :)

But what do I know... your soft division certainly had had some part in your embarrassing 1st MNC appearance... or did it?

I know our softy regular season schedule led to onslaught brought upon us by a Defense stacked 1 through 11 with NFL talent, LSU team, a previously 24-1 Urban Meyer led OSU team, and an OU team preseason ranked top 5, who battled key injuries (like us) throughout the year, but played at full strength (unlike us) in the bowl game. Wait, no... we beat all those teams. Like Rocky. We love the underdog role and embrace it and use the lack of attention deserved a motivation.

Good luck with all the talent will Helfreack likely won't bring in without Kelly at the helm. Our guy Dabo is loyal. A player's coach.

Oh and good luck with that brutal schedule consisting of over-rated teams like a BC beaten USC squad who's record was only propped up by overrated AZ, ASU, UCLA, Standford, Cal teams - or whoever it was they managed to beat - and in your brutal division.

I genuinely offer the best of luck to your over-hyped (since the inception of the bcs era) program, which led to slightly improved recruiting, then a great offensive mind who bent the recruiting rules a lil too much and had to leave, and now look at your mighty ducks... somehow living legends!? Lol....

I would absolutely love to slaughter your team in front of the country. We're not a Tennessee opponent facing the worst years in the programs history.

Did not re-read before posting. Deal with it.

Jun 6, 2015, 1:35 PM

Wow. Considering the other people who replied to my post have all been cordial I will assume you're not representative of the Clemson fan base. Thanks to all of you who haven't flamed me, as I just came to see what's up on this prized recruit while learning more about another program and dishing out a little Duck knowledge. Apologies if my love of my alma mater seemed condescending or pompous.

I'm a guest here, and will behave like one. I will give you this:

3. I did know that, because I'm a college football fan. You played Georgia? Hey, we were supposed to play Georgia! 2013 and this year. THEY cancelled. Last year we played Michigan State, who was and is a top-10 team. Thanks to the cowards at UGA we missed out on having two top-10 OOC games this year. In the past five years we also played LSU (neutral venue, Cowboy Stadium lol). K-State cancelled our series. Texas A&M cancelled our series. Because they're all scared. When we scheduled Tennessee we didn't know they were going to awful. We did schedule tOSU and Nebraska.

"Mythical national championship game embarrassment" ? Are you talking about the game against Auburn? The one that was decided by a last second field goal? I don't think that was embarrassing. I was there, it was heartbreaking but not embarrassing. If your team had ever made it to one of those games you wouldn't be calling it mythical now would you?

I doubt our 'soft division' hurt us in 2011, mostly as it hadn't begun to exist yet.

As far as Coach Helfrich's recruiting compared to Chip Kelly: Helfrich is miles and miles better. Not even close. Our recruiting is not nearly as successful as yours when it comes to star rankings, but last year's class was one of our best. This year's class is shaping up to be even better. We have the longest tenured staff in CFB, with 5 assistants having been at U of O for over 25 years and our recruiting is getting stronger and stronger.

I'm sorry you dislike our 'overhyped' program so much. I have some bad news for you: you're going to be seeing more of it. We're one of the most popular national brands, and I can't imagine us falling out of the top-5 in the next half decade.

Don't know the cause of your vitriol, as I came with good intentions. Would love to see Clemson vs. Oregon. If you didn't think you could beat us, then I would hope they pull your Tiger fan card. Maybe we'll get to see each other in the CFP, what's your outlook for 2015?

So about that LB coach....

Jun 6, 2015, 4:14 PM

Pellum. Must be one heck of a recruiter to have been on staff there for the last 20 years and only sent 3 LB's to the NFL via the draft.

Venable's put 2 through last year.

You're very passionate about recruiting and Oregon football, which is why after reading of Smith's comments which were soon thereafter deleted, you thought it best for Oregon's efforts to land him, to come over and post on a board our recruits often read.

Now, the problem I have with that post is that you were (apparently not so obvious to most) attempting to "pimp out" your school in a very classy (on the surface) manner. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to watch the cute video you attached but I'm sure it did wonders for your agenda.

Noting how desperate for 5 star LB's Oregon is, failed to help your case. There's a good reas9n why you have garbage LB's and people, even kids, aren't dumb enough not to see it.

Questioning our recruiting tactics was especially classy - as if somehow Clemson doesn't dawn unique colors of their own, or have a national brand and logo, top notch facilities (which are improving as we speak), or a unique stadium filled with a passionate fanbase, or an amazing coaching staff.

News flash. We have it all. And that's what attracts soany great recruits to Clemson "as opposed to all the other southeastern schools that are just so much alike.

Lol. Deal with it. Hope we get gifted a match-up with Oregon in the playoffs. Bad.

Re: So about that LB coach....

Jun 6, 2015, 5:56 PM

I'm sorry, but you have my intentions wrong. I hadn't heard of this board (which I must say is very well run) prior, and I certainly have no idea if recruits read this. I'm a little doubtful on that, as if I was a 17 year old star athlete I strongly doubt I would regularly frequent a fan message board.

I didn't question your recruiting tactics, I paid a compliment and asked a question. I didn't see anything backhanded in it, and I was honestly curious. I have no doubt of the appeal of your program, and the only way to truly learn about something is to ask those in the know.

Pellum is a solid ILB coach and D-coordinator, but I clearly said that we've been frustrated at the lack of blue chip ILBs on the roster.

I also didn't mean to 'pimp' my school, but I can't deny my yellow-and-green colored glasses. I was replying to some of the comments made in the thread (in retrospect I see that they're yours, as it appears you've got some type of vendetta against Oregon. It's ok. We're still new to CFB's elite, and we're used to the hate).

It looks like you guys are reloading (please don't misinterpret this as a malicious attempt to steal your recruits, destroy your program, burn down the university and salt the earth for a 50 mile radius around the stadium) but who knows maybe we'll get to see each other in the CFP or some other time. Lobby your AD for a home-and-home, I would definitely travel for that one.

Don't feed the trolls...dude is probably a coot***

Jun 10, 2015, 5:30 PM

Jun 6, 2015, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon fan here ]

You are right in your assessments. Oregon is a class act start to finish. They're high rankings are justly deserved, they're an honest program and a great example of "doing it right". Our fans are a passionate lot and any perceived poaching can and has been met with something akin to fanatic jealousy. Sort of like when your at a game with your family and you notice a hells angel staring at your daughter. It's very emotional to say the least.

I find it very believable that an offer from Oregon would thrill most any recruit 5 star or otherwise. With it's recent achievements an offer from Oregon could easily be received as a compliment and recognition of a recruits hard work. Outside of his obvious talent he is a good kid and I'm happy for him to receive as much recognition as possible. He got to this position from very hard work and he deserved the fruits of that. I really don't see him flipping anywhere, he's a Clemson player and will be a huge asset to our program. He knows he's going to love it here.

Although because of the press that Mariotta and company got, the Oregon defense didn't have the light shined on them very much. The have been strong as death and Oregon couldn't have achieved what it has without it. And I would love to see a home and home with Oregon. That would be some great football and I'm certain that it would bring a huge audience.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You, sir, are what's right with CFB fans

Jun 6, 2015, 5:41 PM

Although at first I thought you were being sarcastic, because honestly our fanbase has a lot of bandwagon fans who do their best to embarrass everyone who is addicted to quack.

Rahshaun Smith is probably a pipe dream for my Ducks, but there's 90 days until football and 'crootin helps with the withdrawals. We're so hungry for a star ILB that it leads us to other teams boards to get the low down on a committed kid from 3,000 miles away.

I feel you on the poaching. It has been known to cause heartburn. We experienced it last year with a DB from Texas, who denied reports of him flipping to the Longhorns and called the UT recruiting writers liars. Called the coaches the night before to say he'd be signing with Oregon the next morning. Signed with Texas the next day. Many of us forget what we were like when we were 17.

Thanks for the kind words about our program, at the risk of sounding like a broken record I will reiterate my respect for yours and I'm impressed with the knowledge and civility of your fanbase.

Ya see that "Pulse" score?

Jun 6, 2015, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon fan here ]

Means he's not doing well, picking up too many thumbs down. Ignore it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, this dude is a well known rival imposter***

Jun 10, 2015, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon fan here ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don't let this fool..

Jun 10, 2015, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon fan here ]

ruin your experience on TigerNet. If you look at his pulse rate, you will see we are not too fond of him either.

As they say....A Clemson man needs no introduction.......and he is no Clemson man.

Good gosh....you are just plain crazy....

Jun 10, 2015, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Oregon fan here ]

what did the Oregon fan do to deserve this?? IF IF you are a Clemson fan, you need to turn in your paw.

He has been nothing but cordial, but the way you just acted is valid proof you are a coot. You act just like one. You always think you know more than anyone on this board. I bet your mom would be proud.

Jun 6, 2015, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Oregon fan here ]

Did you get around to mentioning all of Oregon's recent Linebacker NFL draftees?

Or are you severeley abused by OSU bc your linebacking coach isn't very good at developing LB talent/no good LBs want to get coached up by a chump LB coach who's proven not to get the most out of his guys, or get much of of them without instilling the proper technique jeeded to catapult them into a 1st or 2nd day draft pick? Research coach V's track record in producing NFL draft picks.

Jun 10, 2015, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Oregon fan here ]

I suppose if Clemson had a single donor like NIKE I might feel a little differently. However, NIKE, NIKE DOLLARS $$$ are inextricably linked to anything top 5 or elite about Oregon, Oregon football. I find that largely distasteful. JMO.

Oregon State is directly linked to T Boone Pickens' money

Jun 10, 2015, 5:12 PM

Maryland is directly linked to UnderArmor, Louisville to Papa John's and YUM brands, it's not just Oregon.

Re: Oregon State is directly linked to T Boone Pickens' money

Jun 10, 2015, 5:14 PM

not so!T. Bone is OK State backer

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoops, brain fart***

Jun 10, 2015, 7:48 PM

Re: Oregon State is directly linked to T Boone Pickens' money

Jun 12, 2015, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Oregon State is directly linked to T Boone Pickens' money ]

thanks. yes, I'm aware of that. However it was a Duck poster. I do think Oregon is the best example of how BIG money and an Iconic brand influence and can be a huge advantage. It's surprising that MD has not benefited more from their underarmour support. That speaks to what many might think- college park is not so hot, definitely not for college football. The pacific northwest being more in vogue for last decade or so now and the ducks coached up, dynamic offense are lures to many for sure.

He will stay with Clemson

Jun 6, 2015, 4:05 PM

Sorry if this has been pointed out already.

But, listen, this kid is a 5-star recruit. All 5-star kids get offered by EVERY big-time school. He knew that Oregon would eventually offer. If he truly wanted to go to Oregon he would have just waited for the inevitable offer. He is ours.

Go Tigers.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic