Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stand firm, Dabo!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Stand firm, Dabo!!

May 23, 2015, 10:42 AM

Don't give in to political pressure tactics from a left wing, hypocritical, gamecook, trying to stir a pot that should have been left alone!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave you a TU, MR. Lespaw,

May 23, 2015, 11:13 AM

the "gentleman" who TD'd you failed to leave his name for some reason.....

skulking in the shadows, no doubt.

Re: I gave you a TU, MR. Lespaw,

May 23, 2015, 11:20 AM

Most likely has nothing better to add , or prefers not to engage in a discussion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Although I disagreed somewhat with Lespaw, I did not

May 23, 2015, 11:24 AM [ in reply to I gave you a TU, MR. Lespaw, ]

thumb down him, but rather gave a thought out response. My question to you is not a flame, but a legit question I have been wondering about. How do you know if someone thumbs down another post? I have often seen people say what you said, but I don't know how they see that someone has received a thumbs down.

Re: Although I disagreed somewhat with Lespaw, I did not

May 23, 2015, 11:44 AM

photo 640115d0-1cc8-4283-abbe-bf8938ba0a4d_zpsofa2oqki.jpg

if the % is not 100[~approval rate], then 1 or more posters have thumb down a post... you can do the math.

® is the mojo that makes the magic happen & allows you to thumb down a post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks. For some reason my view doesn't show all of

May 23, 2015, 12:07 PM

what you posted in the picture when I am on here.

the % is not revealed to me until i "vote" on a post...

May 23, 2015, 12:39 PM

if you TU a post in the future, it might reveal the % to you then?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, thanks for that info. Now I understand.***

May 23, 2015, 12:44 PM

I only give Thumbs Up - everyone deserves a trophy!

May 23, 2015, 2:28 PM [ in reply to I gave you a TU, MR. Lespaw, ]

"Why can' we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo proved more understanding of gay issues than most

May 23, 2015, 11:20 AM

people would have given him credit for last year with his comments on how he would respond to having a gay athlete at Clemson. I was proud of Dabo for those comments that I felt were well thought out and intelligent. However, if he is going to accept an award from this ultra-conservative group, it will be offensive to many alumni, not to mention families of future possible recruits no matter what their particular issues are. Many families of recruits are no doubt Republican Party supporters, but I guarantee you many, many families are supporters of the Democrats. For this reason, it is common knowledge that it is not a good idea for a coach of a major public university to publicly display his political stance even though he has every right to do so.

Just because you have been given an award by an organization doesn't mean you have to show up and accept it. It will be disappointing to me when he goes to this gathering. On the other hand, if a liberal group had wanted to present Dabo with an award for his well thought out comments a year ago, I probably would have been happy to see him go and accept it. Therefore, I won't be so hypocritical as to say that he flat out shouldn't go. I am liberal on most social issue (not abortion), yet I am a Christian, as many liberals are. I also believe people should be fiscally responsible and take care of their own business. I believe in tough punishment for violent and property crimes, and believe the death penalty is called for in certain situations. Overall, however, I am a liberal and vote democrat. I don't believe in denying equal rights to others under any circumstances. I don't believe in poking my nose in people's love lives or bedrooms, or judging others based on my particular beliefs.

I guess I'm trying to say that I really wish Dabo would not go to this function, but it should certainly be his decision and right to go. I just think more harm than good can come from it. I believe if he develops a close, public association with a conservative group and begins to be synonymous with conservative politics, it could be damaging to recruiting and hurtful to some fans and alumni. I would really hate to see this because I believe Dabo is the best football coach Clemson has ever had and we are lucky to have him.

how does Dabo being at a conservative function

May 23, 2015, 12:14 PM

ever offend liberals more than

me having to put my child in a public school that actively promotes a lifestyle that I have religious objections to?

me walking with my child and seeing two men holding hands or kissing on the sidewalk?

me being unable to afford a preferred college for my child, when at the same time being forced to pay taxes to a government that actively promotes and defends this lifestyle?

THE GREAT LIBERAL LIE IS THAT YOU DON'T OFFEND US.

Quite frankly, sir, the offense is at best mutual.

I hope you never have a gay child, or grandchild. The

May 23, 2015, 12:33 PM

liberals aren't telling you that you can't be with the one you love, that you can't live your lifestyle and that you can't have certain benefits that are reserved for heterosexuals. The ultra-conservatives are. And many of them have their own issues. Look at Joshua Duggar and his wife. After a campaign in which the said gays should not be allowed to marry due to the sanctity of marriage and they would be harmful to children...... And then look at them. If you are offended by gay "lifestyle", or their life in general, I understand that. However, they are not campaigning publicly for you to not be allowed to be with the woman you love and not have every government benefit associated with that. As for being offended by seeing them holding hands on the sidewalk, maybe they are offended by seeing you and your wife hold hands on the sidewalk. You will never be able to prevent them from doing that as they will never be able to prevent you.

If you are offended by it, then you are offended, but you don't have to worry about them insisting that you not be able to live your life the way you are living it.

I think the part about Dabo going to this group is that this group actively promotes denial of equal rights to other groups. Would you want Dabo to go and accept an award from the KKK. They believe in their cause just as strongly and they believe that their viewpoint is God's viewpoint. I know it is a stretch to compare a terrorist organization like the KKK to this politically right-wing group, so don't get all bent out of shape about that, but for Dabo to go and accept an award from any political organization, left or right, is a slippery slope that I wish he wasn't a part of.

Re: I hope you never have a gay child, or grandchild. The

May 23, 2015, 1:47 PM

Thats very well said and I couldn't have put it better myself.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

May 23, 2015, 3:40 PM [ in reply to I hope you never have a gay child, or grandchild. The ]

Pretty well said.

Giving other people equal rights as you =/= taking away your rights.

But if everyone realized that, we'd have very little to argue over. And we might...just might...have to think about moving away from the silly liberal/conservative dichotomy in favor of something more......democratic.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

May 24, 2015, 8:42 PM [ in reply to I hope you never have a gay child, or grandchild. The ]

There is a right & a wrong a natural & unnatural. Homosexuals need to be told the truth! They are living in sin.
A sin God will forgive them of just as he forgives me of my sin daily!

Re: Dabo proved more understanding of gay issues than most

May 23, 2015, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Dabo proved more understanding of gay issues than most ]

Is the potential harm because that side is intolerant ??

No, that side is not intolerant. If you're speaking of gays

May 23, 2015, 2:23 PM

specifically, 100% of gay people I have met were produced by heterosexual men and women and have heterosexual siblings and friends. Most I have known here in Atlanta love their families very much. They attend heterosexual weddings all the time, take gifts and wish everyone well. Clemson alums who are gay, or are family or friend of a gay person would just be hurt or disappointed by Dabo going and that is all that would come of it.

If you're speaking about liberals in general, most of whom are heterosexual and may be liberal for any number of reasons, they are not intolerant. If they are strongly offended by the platform, policies, or rhetoric of some ultra-right organizations and they perceive Dabo to be in bed with those organizations, they may steer their child (recruit) to another school. That is not intolerance.
Intolerance would be saying right-wing, conservative people don't have a right to exist, or they have a right to exist, but can not get married, work in certain situations, or hold hands on the sidewalk. That is intolerance and is very different from deciding,"well if that coach feels that way, maybe junior would be better off at another school". Intolerance is very different from an alum saying, wow I'm disappointed that Dabo went to that meeting.

That's how I see it. You probably disagree, but you asked.

sorry dood... but that's crap....

May 23, 2015, 2:47 PM

so you are saying Dabo should back out of an award that recognizes him for his character and standing up for what he believes in?

so what would that make him?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

As if there's any question about it?

May 23, 2015, 3:02 PM

Dabo is obviously a prejudiced, intolerant religious zealot. No two ways about it. All those criticizing him must be narrowly categorized as liberal, treehugging, homosexual-loving libs. All those who agree with him are intelligent, infallible conservatives. And by the way, I'm right about this and everyone else is wrong. Unless of course you completely agree with me.

I'm open to discussion about this.

when did this issue become about conservative vs. liberal?

May 23, 2015, 3:04 PM

those not wanting him to go are making it into that...

it's an award, and it fits what he stands for... and everyone knows that... so what is the point of backing out?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I'm not sure when exactly,

May 23, 2015, 3:09 PM

but there are many doing just that. I was attempting to be facetious albeit it was probably pretty lame. I actually completely agree with you. Dabo's thoughts on this do not have to be so rigidly categorized as political or discriminatory. He can believe two people of the same gender shouldn't marry without having to be defined as this, that, or the other.

i'm saying he should not accept the award because it could

May 23, 2015, 4:15 PM [ in reply to sorry dood... but that's crap.... ]

become a distraction to his football program and team which he is paid to operate and which he is representing when he goes to this award. He represents many, many people while in his current position. You can see how polarizing it has been on here, now what would it do to the team, families of recruits, etc.. Is he our football coach, or a politician? Is he our football coach or an endorser. I have seen this kind of thing be the beginning of the end of some football coaches that hat really good things going at other schools. Lou Holtz at Arkansas, Ken Hatfield only while at Arkansas. I think if Dabo isn't careful, his outside speaking gigs and notoriety could overpower and hurt is Clemson coaching gig. I happen to think Dabo is the best possible coach for Clemson and he has it rolling with four straight double-digit win seasons, including two eleven win seasons. I would hat to see him lose focus, or do things that create distraction to what he is being paid millions to do.

Re: No, that side is not intolerant. If you're speaking of gays

May 24, 2015, 4:02 PM [ in reply to No, that side is not intolerant. If you're speaking of gays ]

If you say liberals are not intolerant, I beg to differ with you. Everytime I have questions about their stand, instead of discussion, I get called names called and am labeled a hater. I know those on the far right are the same way, but I have never encountered a true liberal who will civilly discuss issues.

I'm a liberal that prefers to have discussion. If you check

May 24, 2015, 5:57 PM

my posts, you'll see I try to have reasonable discussion. And I might add that I have been called quite a few names on this forum by the other side. I think the name calling is just immature and accomplishes nothing. I don't ever expect to change someone's stance with a discussion, but I do hope to just present a perspective that they may not have considered. It also makes one feel better just to have the peace of mind in knowing that I at least disagreed and shared my point of view. That's really all you can do no matter what side you are on. What really changes a person's viewpoint is when they have been affected personally by a certain issue. It actually has a face and name of someone they know rather than just some issue sitting out there.

Re: Dabo proved more understanding of gay issues than most

May 23, 2015, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Dabo proved more understanding of gay issues than most ]

Many black kids have religious socially conservative parents. Dabo is a good recruiter and obviously his religion/social issue views have never hurt recruiting.

Only a democratic gamecock could have posted this.***

May 23, 2015, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Dabo proved more understanding of gay issues than most ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stand firm, Dabo!!

May 23, 2015, 2:28 PM

Every time there is an opportunity for the left to force feed their agenda down our throats, or get us to conform to their opinions or beliefs, we have to grin and bear it and watch a personality like Dabo be lambasted for being on the side opposite their view. I, for one, am proud that Dabo has the fortitude to stand up for what he believes in, and regardless of his position, stands by his faith and what he feels is right or wrong where society is concerned. Let him accept his award, and mind your own business!! Dangit!!

May 23, 2015, 2:49 PM

If conservatives are wrong on gay marriage, liberals are even more wrong on abortion.

May 23, 2015, 3:10 PM

funny you guys actually think he cares about the mud slinging.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2015, 7:53 PM

glad the ultra-right is kept in check by the Supreme Court of the United States. Why? Because the pictures in this link are exactly what some in this country would be happy with. Just ask Matthew Shepard's family.

https://therisingsouls.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/homosexuals-hanged-in-open-roads-of-iran-for-being-gay-sharia-law-strickes-again/

May 24, 2015, 8:25 PM

Matthew Shepherd was actually killed by his gay lover over drugs. It wasn't homophobia. A book about this came out a few years ago but liberals never stop using him as a prop.

You support nuclear deals with Iran, a country that kills and jails gays. It is conservatives that oppose this kind of thing. Liberals hate criticism of Islamic crazies.

THe very first sentence in your post is absolutely false and

May 24, 2015, 8:33 PM

I defy you to link proof of that. How dare you diminish the fact that he was killed brutally by people committing a hate crime because he was gay. I have not read the rest of your post because I could not get past that first sentence without responding.

Re: THe very first sentence in your post is absolutely false and

May 24, 2015, 8:53 PM

it is true. A guy researched the claims and wrote a book about it.

Supposedly one of the killers was gay and had a relationship with SHepherd at one point.

The murder was over drugs and you never hear about Shepherd being a drug dealer. Drug dealers are killed all the time b/c they are all on drugs and make a lot of dumb decisions as a result. It isn't as sexy as saying he was killed b/c he was gay though, so the media won't let the narrartive die.

You know what else there are books about

May 24, 2015, 9:00 PM

The Kennedy Assassination
Big Foot
Aliens
The Rapture

All carefully "researched" and all full of ####.

Re: You know what else there are books about

May 24, 2015, 9:21 PM

ok well it certainly seems possible that leftwingers got all excited about an example of a gay person being killed that they didn't really consider it was about something else like drugs, money, love, etc, the main reasons for murders.

If gays were getting killed all the time for being gay, you wouldn't be so reliant on the Matthew Shepherd name. lol

May 24, 2015, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Stand firm, Dabo!! ]

You support what is done to those homosexuals over in Iran being doing to babies in America. It is called abortion which is your party's biggest issue.

This is the third time I've told you that I do not support

May 24, 2015, 8:35 PM

abortion.

Re: This is the third time I've told you that I do not support

May 24, 2015, 8:38 PM

you vote for the party that does. if you truly opposed abortion you could not vote for the abortion party.

you also praised Planned Parenthoood which facilities abortions..

I have never praised planned parenthood. Where do you have

May 24, 2015, 8:42 PM

a link to that. I think our discourse has been rather civil, but you are starting to lie and put words in my mouth. Isn't telling lies one of the ten commandments. Please link where I praised planned parenthood. You must have me confused with someone else.

Also, I am not a single issue voter. I agree with about 80% of democrat platform, and only 20% of Republican platform.

Re: I have never praised planned parenthood. Where do you have

May 24, 2015, 8:45 PM

if you opposed abortion you couldn't support the abortion party. Some issues are that important. If you believe it is wrong, there is only one reason you can believe it is wrong. that is killing a baby. so if you support the party that runs on their support of abortion, that makes you an accomplice.

Re: I have never praised planned parenthood. Where do you have

May 24, 2015, 8:56 PM [ in reply to I have never praised planned parenthood. Where do you have ]

I''ll go along with abortion if the mother will do it herself.

You got to get your own hands bloody, it is more real that way. Own it. Don't outsource it to somebody else because it is unpleasant. If it is not killing anything, you should be able to do it yourself.

First off, you're pretty sick in the head

May 24, 2015, 9:02 PM

Second, all of this bluster, and yet, you never provided a link...Curious.

Thank you. His replies were so shocking, I forgot about

May 24, 2015, 9:22 PM

the fact he didn't provide a link regarding either of the two requests.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic