Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Spurrier...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:08 PM

I was thinking about something. Spurrier is the image of South Carolina. Once he leaves it's all downhill for South Carolina and anything that he has done their. Kids don't want to play football for Carolina because of their traditions, history, facilities, academics, campus, etc. They want to play for a legendary coach like Spurrier.

On the other hand, Clemson recruits because of it's image. Clemson's image is Clemson. It kind of sells it self when recruits come to visit because of our campus, academics, facilities, fan base, traditions, game day atmosphere, etc. South Carolina lacks all these things. When Spurrier hangs up his hat there is nothing left. Everything Spurrier has ever done their will be what they hold onto because there is no way South Carolin will be able to pull talent like they are now without Spurrier.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tennessee will come back

Dec 1, 2013, 6:10 PM

as will florida.

Sc will go down again pretty soon. I expect them to be 6-6 type team for a few years in the late 2010s

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't many say they'd fall this yr or was it last***

Dec 1, 2013, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep ****ing that chicken

Dec 1, 2013, 6:11 PM

Whatever

That is essentially what my long time coot buddy told me

Dec 1, 2013, 6:13 PM

this morning, ...he said what are we gonna do when SOS leaves ? he said SOS might be there another year or two at the most, that he is simply getting too old at 68 and that it shows...that they would then have a tough situation on their hands and that Clemson would have an experienced head coach in Dabo with a mature program in full swing ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is essentially what my long time coot buddy told me

Dec 1, 2013, 6:18 PM

Do tell, is your buddy in his 60's. I have found as I have grown older that my expectations regarding age have changed. A lot. Your buddy's 1-2 years are actually 4-5 with options for more.

Re: Spurrier...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:15 PM

Hope you are right but not sure. I think they will pay the big bucks to bring in a great coach. They have tasted success. I don't think they will want to go back to being the slugs of the SEC. Honesty, I think our days of dominating them may be over. But I hope I'm wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 6:24 PM

Who are they going to get? There is no more legendary coaches out there for them to hire.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they can re-hire Holtz.....they're about due for

Dec 1, 2013, 6:26 PM

another NCAA investigation anyhow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll get Urban Meyer......

Dec 1, 2013, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier... ]

Wouldn't be out of the realm of possible outcomes

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier... ]

Chip Kelly??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$EC money brah

Dec 1, 2013, 6:15 PM

The 21st century will be the Carolina century as far as this rivalry is concerned.

None of that matters to me. With the talent we have, we

Dec 1, 2013, 6:21 PM

shouldn't have to worry when their head coach is going to scamper off. That comes off as too much of a defeatist attitude. To me, that is saying we simply can't beat him while he at the helm. Fact is, we can, and should have last night. We absolutely beat ourselves. Even a coot with speck of sense would admit that...

He's aged a lot

Dec 1, 2013, 6:30 PM

The Old Ball Sack looks much older than he did last year, and his whole TV show incident might have been health related instead of being drunk. He may have to retire soon, at which point USuCk either keeps building or falls apart.

Re: He's aged a lot

Dec 1, 2013, 6:32 PM

They're not going to keep building....It's Carolina. They are nothing without him. They have a terrible campus, below average academics, a decent stadium, decent facilities, no traditions, no history, etc. It's all over when he leaves.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc

Dec 1, 2013, 6:40 PM

Keep dreaming

Dec 1, 2013, 6:44 PM

I'm not dreaming. You cannot recruit to Carolina without Spurrier. No one wants to live in a slum for four years. Go back to five point with Spurdick.

You really think

Dec 1, 2013, 6:44 PM

SC is going to hire an average coach or is that wishful thinking? If they can get Frank Martin for basketball, I think they will be alright.

Frank Martin?? Are you joking? Maybe my meter needs

Dec 1, 2013, 6:50 PM

a new battery or something cuz I read this as though you were holding up Martin as some kind of good coach....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 6:45 PM

as long as Dabo is Clemson's coach, its not gonna matter who the coach at SC is.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:48 PM

It won't matter who coaches at Clemson at Spurdick leaves. We could have Bobby Boucher coaching our team and still whoop your ### after that old sack is gone, simply because our school sells itself. Carolina lacks a campus and real game day atmosphere.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:47 PM

Wasn't this said when Spurrier had his first bad year--the 6-6 year. said he was washed up etc. I appreciate Clemson faithful thinking this, but truth is, Carolina does have something to offer athletes. The SEC is the best conference for all sports in the US. With the money we are getting and the new TV deal, we have upgraded all our facilities. They are second to none. While some players like the small town atmosphere, some do like living in a city. Downtown Columbia is taking off like Greenville. I know this because I live Downtown. I think our future is bright and spurrier has set the foundation for the next good coach to inherit. We have Ray Tanner as our DA and he is adored. I don't think you can argue with that fact. Dawn Staley will bring us a national championship in Women's BB. We have the highest ranked honor's college in the county. I think the future is bright.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:52 PM

Honors college? Who gives a #### about the honors college. Did Clowney come to Carolina because of the honors college?

Carolina has below average academics. I mean one of your recruits said you have to "try and fail at Carolina." School's a joke.

You're are out of your mind if you're honestly trying to compare Columbia to Greenville. Columbia is a dump. Rampant crime and rundown industrial warehouses does not equate to a bright future.

Dec 1, 2013, 7:02 PM

The Honors college was in response to someone saying Clemson's academics sell itself. I don't have the link but someone told me that Carolina accepts 33% more students each year than Clemson. If you took the top 66% of Carolina and compared to Clemson admissions, the SAT score would be higher. We are the flagship university and have more general/humanities majors so we take a more diverse student. You are primarily an engineering and architect school--obviously a higher SAT is required.

You keep telling yourself that.....usuck is a second-rate

Dec 1, 2013, 7:06 PM

academic institution DESPITE historically getting all the money and perks from the state while usuck fought to keep MUSC in Charleston and the new Law School from opening.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Spurrier... ]

Do you think Florida, Tenn, and UGA will be down for long? Do you honestly think you can out recruit those school when Spurrier leaves? People want to live in Athens and Gainsville. Columbia? Hell no.

Clemson can't outrecruit Florida State

Dec 1, 2013, 10:58 PM

but I'm sure you aren't going to disband the program because of that reality?

Do all of you live in gated neighborhoods?

Dec 1, 2013, 6:47 PM

Columbia has its problems, but it's not a terrible city to live in.

Not all recruits want

Dec 1, 2013, 6:56 PM

a picturesque college town with balloons on gameday.

Re: Spurrier...***

Dec 1, 2013, 6:57 PM

Dec 1, 2013, 6:57 PM

Lots of butthurt ITT

Dec 1, 2013, 7:07 PM

Haha this entire thread is priceless. Spurrier doesn't even recruit, yet we only get good recruits because of him? All of the football players growing up in GA, SC, NC, and everywhere else don't even know what it's like to see Clemson beat SC. What Clemson prestige are you referring to? Your program is known for. One thing: beating up on crap teams and losing to good ones. When Spurrier leaves we'll have boatloads of SEC cash to spend on a new coach. That's what happens when you play in a real conference. But, far be it for me to crash your little butthurt prayer parade Clemmy fans. Enjoy another month of excuses from the renowned cheerleader coach.

They bank on reminding people about 1981

Dec 1, 2013, 10:47 PM

too bad none of their players were even in their parents eyes back then

Re: They bank on reminding people about 1981

Dec 1, 2013, 10:52 PM

series record - since the year 2000 it is 7-7 and since joining the SEC in 1992 it is 12-10.

show me in the thread were we're reminding people about 1981

Dec 1, 2013, 11:19 PM

i missed that, but that obviously hurts you guys to have to admit it happened & be reminded of it...& yeah it was because we cheated! LOL...y'all can't & never have had a championship of any kind except in '69 @ that was the "lowly, inferior, weak ACC"...even when it's well-known your team's all loaded up on the cheating part. read the papers much?

my bad...1 least division title

Dec 1, 2013, 11:24 PM

any thing else i'm betting was before your time...?

hurts to see the small pasture college having as much or more success in general than your team, especially when their conference is so bad & with a chearleader coach & all but why does GameDay insist on coming here & we get so mady badazz recruits to little ole Clemson...

Tell me, what do you tell your recruits when they visit?

Dec 1, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to They bank on reminding people about 1981 ]

You beat an 'inferior' team 5 years in a row? 69 ACC champs? You won the SEC east this one time, then immediately got bent over and curb stomped in the title game? Which of those stories do recruits like to hear the most?

They probably enjoy back-to-back 11 win season

Dec 1, 2013, 10:55 PM

While the other instate school won the ACC (lol) once and then had a record set on them for points scored in a BCS game (from WVU none the less which is so bad it hurts).

Haha, yes, always in reference to that other school...

Dec 1, 2013, 10:59 PM

You see, I didn't even have to mention an inferiority complex to draw this kind of reaction out of you.

Keep comparing your school to ours...I mean, who else would you compare it to? I guess Duke's got more to brag about this year than you. Looks like they made to a championship game and you, with your ten wins, will have to watch from the outside.

I agree

Dec 1, 2013, 11:04 PM

Not going to the championship hurts, but beating an overrated Clemson team for the 5th straight year is a pretty good consolation prize.

So we're overrated? That begs the question...what are you

Dec 1, 2013, 11:06 PM

really bragging about then? Beating a team you should easily beat? Your attempts at insults does not but devalue your own football teams accomplishments...carry on.

No one is beating their chests about beating Clemson

Dec 1, 2013, 11:26 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

at this point its just a given each season

Dec 1, 2013, 7:04 PM

denial ain't just a river in egypt, man.

get with it. They're rolling just like other good teams, including Clemson. Winning, good recruiting classes, good coaching. Hire another good coach who continues to recruit well, and with what they're doing, SEC money, etc. they're gonna continue to be like every other team. Some good runs, like now, some hard times, like UGA and UF this year. I know the last five years hurts, but be realistic.

Petrino***

Dec 1, 2013, 10:56 PM

Re: Petrino***

Dec 1, 2013, 11:52 PM

Petrino changes teams more than most Coots change underwear.

His overall (non-NFL) record is 82-30.

Re: Petrino***

Dec 1, 2013, 11:57 PM

Spurrier-"We have an excellent coaching staff here, and it's pretty neat to go 10-2 with this team that was one time called the youngest team in America," Spurrier said after Saturday night's 31-17 victory over Clemson in the Palmetto Bowl. "They've really achieved and I'm really proud of this team. I was thinking back to all the teams I've had, these guys may have achieved the most for (being) such a young bunch of guys that haven't played all that much and don't have that much experience. They've really played well this year. Give them credit."

Except for quarterback Connor Shaw and offensive guard Ronald Patrick, USC returns every player on the offensive side of the ball in 2014. The top four running backs (Mike Davis, Brandon Wilds, Shon Carson, David Williams) return, as well as every single wide receiver - most prominently Bruce Ellington, Damiere Byrd, Shaq Roland, Pharoh Cooper and Nick Jones - and tight ends Busta Anderson and Jerell Adams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well doesn't that suck...

Dec 2, 2013, 12:03 AM

guess we'll have to get our chit together & step up to a very talented team of coots next year.
Hopefully all the experience our young guys got this year will pay off & them tasting the few bitter defeats we've had will spawn a tougher attitude & mentality in itself!

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic