Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: My conference is better than yours: The last bastion of the ignorant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 100
| visibility 1

New Story: My conference is better than yours: The last bastion of the ignorant

Dec 1, 2015, 7:01 AM

My conference is better than yours: The last bastion of the ignorant

My conference is better than your conference, so there. That one statement, which sounds petty and like a six-year old trying to win an argument with their five-year old neighbor, is the last bastion of the ignorant and misinformed. Photo by Jeff Blake / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very well said...***

Dec 1, 2015, 7:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:My conference better than yours:can U say bastion here?

Dec 1, 2015, 7:07 AM

wow

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:My conference better than yours:can U say bastion here?

Dec 1, 2015, 8:25 AM

Outstanding article...should be required reading for all of ESecSPin, too!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of your best David, BRAVO!***

Dec 1, 2015, 7:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOM! Roasted!***

Dec 1, 2015, 7:41 AM

It's a loser mentality....

Dec 1, 2015, 7:43 AM

but exactly what you'd expect from a fan base whose favorite team has a history built largely on failure and disappointment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's a loser mentality....

Dec 1, 2015, 10:04 AM

Yep!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When conference is all you have to hang your hat on,

Dec 1, 2015, 7:47 AM

You tend to lean on it pretty hard. Never mind that it's been Bama And The Thirteen Dwarves all season long, and arguably last season too.

Spot On But..................

Dec 1, 2015, 7:49 AM

Trying to reason or use logical thinking with Coots are like as you said dealing with the 5 and 6 year olds. I've never dealt with any fanbase like it. We don't get this crap from Auburn, Tenn, LSU, UGA, or even Bama when we play them. Not one word about conferences. They are the most insecure inferiority complexed bunch on Earth. But, well said David. Those of us that don't live in shame and in a constant search for relevance in our lives get it.

Re: Spot On But..................

Dec 1, 2015, 8:02 AM

This article is the epitome of an inferiority complex. The fact one kid's comment made David Hood so upset highlights the fact the stretch where the SEC truly was head and shoulders above other conferences really bothered him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Dec 1, 2015, 8:05 AM

USuC is the poster child for the inferiority complex in their conference and state.

Dec 1, 2015, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

> This comment is the epitome of an inferiority
> complex. The fact one article made Class of 09
> so upset highlights the fact that the stretch where
> South Carolina truly is the worst team in a down SEC
> really bothered him.

It's Not Just One Kid

Dec 1, 2015, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

If it were one kid it wouldn't be a big deal. It's 99% of the Coot fanbase. It doesn't bother me at all. It's just sad.

Not exactly

Dec 1, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

I happen to think Hood oversells the point a bit here - there's truth to it but I don't think it's *as* even across the board as he suggests - or not as close to it.

But all that said, the real point is this: that the SEC's status was always overblown. That doesn't mean that they were never superior or generally still aren't, especially compared to the SEC. Overrated is not the same thing as bad or "on par" with. It just means more highly regarded than justified. When the SEC has been significantly better than others, it was treated as if it were *light years* better - on another plane of existence, practically. When it's somewhat better, it's treated as if it's a lot better. When it's marginally better it's treated as if it's moderately better. And when it's comparable, it's treated as having a noticeable edge over others. The assessment is always inflated at least one rung above what's justified.

None of this nullifies the conferences true and justified accolades, but there is a degree of inflation. And THAT is what annoys Hood and others. It's not so much that when the SEC was a lot better that it bothered us - it's that when the SEC was a lot better, they were cast as untouchable world-beaters - and that got tiresome and laughable.

Besides, the smack-talk-by-proxy argument is a distinct issue that cannot be justified no matter how powerful the top echelon of a conference is. Carolina fans talking smack about the ACC and beating their chest over the ACC, even when Clemson is beating them, goes all the way back to 1992 - and that's a joke. An ACC team that went 5-7 this year accomplished more than SC did, and yet they see fit to chest-thump on their SEC membership. They lost their one SoCon game for crying out loud. Again, it's not one guy, and it's not just this year. It's been going on for 23 years.

or....

Dec 1, 2015, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

your post is the epitome of an inferiority complex. The fact David's article made you so upset that you logged-on to TigerNet to comment on it.

It's entirely debatable whether the $EC was head and shoulders above other conferences but one thing is for sure, South Carolina played absolutely no part in it so I'm sure David appreciates you proving his point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2015, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

Go find another sofa to burn coot.

SEC Inferiority

Dec 1, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

David's example is just one of the thousands that each Tigers fan has most likely experienced in the last 12 months. I've found it interesting that the S. Carolina folks seem to revert back to their "our conference is better than your conference" mantra when they get back to struggling.

Two examples I can give in the last two days:

1.) I live in Knoxville and used to live in Memphis. I had one co-worker in Memphis that was a chickens fan. I show up at work on Monday and I have an email from said co-worker telling me that we struggled Saturday because we played a team from the best conference in America. Unfortunately for him, he copied some Ole Miss and Mississippi State folks on that email and they responded telling him to "just shut up that they were horrible and an embarrassment to their conference."

2.) Like I said, I live in Knoxville. Even though UT is having a decent year, some UT fans were talking smack at church Sunday morning. They said that we (Clemson) struggled with a SEC team and that Bama would take care of us in the playoffs. Bama? UT fans pulling for Bama? I politely told them that at least we were in the mix for the playoffs and only time would tell if Bama playing their cupcake SEC schedule had prepared them to play other "good" teams. I also pointed out that the SEC East, where UT plays, had a losing record against the ACC on rivalry weekend for the second straight year. They responded by saying "well yeah, we beat Vanderbilt."

Class of 09 would like to think (and maybe have us believe?) that it was just one fan in the student section, but all of us know that one fan was just one example of thousands (if not tens of thousands) who continue to live in a fantasy world where the SEC remains the only conference that plays good, solid football, and every one of that conference's teams will without-a-doubt beat any team from a non-SEC conference.

There was a day when the SEC probably had more top-level teams than any other conference, but that time has passed. Just like the ACC, the SEC (and the Big10 and Big 12) has one really good team (Bama), several middling teams that are decent, but not world beaters (LSU, Ole Miss, UGA, UT, Florida, Mississippi State, and Arkansas, Texas A&M), and several putrid teams that are either not bowling or are bowling because they beat up on a bunch of non-conference teams and reached 6-6 (South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Missouri and Auburn).

Go Tigers!

MT

Re: SEC Inferiority

Dec 1, 2015, 9:05 AM

You're proving my point that the comments truly bother you guys. If you didn't feel there was some truth to what was being said, why would you be so upset?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe it's the other way around

Dec 1, 2015, 9:08 AM

"S. Carolina folks seem to revert back to their "our conference is better than your conference" mantra when they get back to struggling."

Re: I believe it's the other way around

Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 AM

Not true. We made fun of the ACC much more when we were beating you 5 years in a row.

Oh, so coot football started in 2009? Funny, I forgot about

Dec 1, 2015, 9:22 AM

that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Oh, so coot football started in 2009? Funny, I forgot about

Dec 2, 2015, 8:57 AM

And ended in in 2013.

Again, I repeat

Dec 1, 2015, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe it's the other way around ]

"S. Carolina folks seem to revert back to their "our conference is better than your conference" mantra when they get back to struggling."

Re: Again, I repeat

Dec 1, 2015, 4:14 PM

Most of that fan base will go back to saying that they're not a gamecock fan, and that they don't even like FB. But they do like women's basketball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2015, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe it's the other way around ]

Trophy case pics? Still waiting....Yours not Bama's.

Dec 1, 2015, 9:28 AM

Dec 1, 2015, 10:14 AM

Yep! That just about says it all.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe it's the other way around ]

Don't think they have built one yet. There has been no need.

Coot football started at that moment

Dec 1, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe it's the other way around ]

They forget that we beat them 4 times in row TWICE in winning 8 of the previous 10 before their streak. Not to mention the huge disparity in number of Clemson wins despite SCAR having had home games for the first 60 years or so.

I tip my hat to the coots, that span was their best football in their history and they managed to win 5 years in a row against us. But that streak otherwise left them with nothing more than one trip to Atlanta (where they got blown out), and saw their savior Spurrier slink out mid-season to avoid the downfall.

Meantime, despite those 5 losses, Clemson continued to recruit, played in two ACC championships (and is getting set to play in a third), won an ACC championship, played in two BCS games, won a BCS game, and now stands at #1 poised on the edge of a Playoff slot. During that time Clemson beat Notre Dame, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, split with Auburn, split with Georgia.

The ACC won 7-8 games in the last two ACC-SEC rivalry games. The ACC had more players drafted to the NFL. The SEC lost to the Citadel, Toledo and Memphis this year, and needed overtimes to beat Jacksonville State and Florida Atlantic, needed a lot of extra work to beat several other minor conference "foes".

So yeah, the SEC has good teams, and won a lot of Natty's in the last few years. But the SEC as a *whole* is not "all that" and never has been. And other conferences have good teams too.

One thing we don't see is Oregon State fans shouting "Pac-12, Pac-12, Pac-12" when Stanford beats Notre Dame, but SCAR has nothing else but "SEC, SEC, SEC" and panting after 'Bama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot football started at that moment

Dec 1, 2015, 10:16 AM

Actually, we beat Auburn 2 of 3, and pretty much got hosed at their place in the other.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:28 AM

Oh yeah, was going from memory and it's not what it used to be.

That was the game where we should have won but got called for the center double clutching on the FG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2015, 8:06 AM

Yep!

Dec 1, 2015, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Coot football started at that moment ]

And it's that kind of truth that makes them so angry and disrespectful to all others that enter that dump at bill brice. The ole saying that the truth hurts, it gives coot fans rabies, and they act and do just as Rabid animals do!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2015, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe it's the other way around ]

> Not true. We made fun of the ACC much more when we
> were beating you 5 years in a row.

Turd please, that was 2 years ago now. Are you still going to sound like Chicken Little "when we won 5 in a row" when it is 3 or 4 perhaps even more in a row for the Tigers? You are pathetic, Tigers own the rivalry, Tigers own the longest streak of 7, Tigers own 7 streaks of four, heck Tigers own the cockroach to the tune of 31-20-2.

Your best three years and the streak were an anomaly in the history of one of the sorriest football programs ever and you are now back to the norm. Deal with it.

Dec 1, 2015, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I believe it's the other way around ]

> Not true. We made fun of the ACC much more when we
> were beating you 5 years in a row.

That's all y'all have... beating us 5 in a row......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I believe it's the other way around ]

But didn't we warn them to be careful about how they react to a taste of success, and that Slurrier wouldn't last long and leave them where he found them. How did that work out for them. And we didn't have to be mind readers, it was all over Slurrier's old face!!!

Re: ACC 7-1 against SECleast last two seasons...'nuff said***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC Inferiority ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

The $EC Least is ranked below the ACC Coastal....

Dec 1, 2015, 9:37 AM

in every power poll.

$EC, $EC, $EC !!!!!

Who in the world is 'upset'??

Dec 1, 2015, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC Inferiority ]

We're laughing AT you and sneering when we're not laughing.

Re: Who in the world is 'upset'??

Dec 1, 2015, 4:29 PM

We will always laugh at them bc they make it so easy and they are so funny!!!

Dec 1, 2015, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC Inferiority ]

How can you tell he's upset? Just because he's telling the truth doesn't mean he's upset. Maybe he started laughing when he heard it. When I hear some of these Tn. Fans around here say the same thing that's what I do, laugh. Seems like you're the one upset. Go listen to ESPN tell their lies, maybe that will cheer you up

Message was edited by: Copenhagen kid®

Dec 1, 2015, 10:37 AM

Classless is just that, classless. Beat the citadel or ####.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC Inferiority ]

When a coot is camped out on their most hated rival board to defend his little hens, when he comes in clucking, there is something being said that really bothers him!!!

Dec 1, 2015, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC Inferiority ]

If you use your own logic, couldn't you say the same about your comments. Seems like you're a little upset and you keep commenting. The big difference is that you are not providing actual numbers or examples on why you think that the SEC is such a dominant league. Don't worry about head to head match ups or how the SEC did in bowl games last year.
But hey, don't be so mad...girls basketball season has now started

Dec 1, 2015, 4:26 PM [ in reply to SEC Inferiority ]

Clemson has defeated Awe-burn (2x), LSU, Georgia, The Chickpeas (2x) and lost to the Bugas and the Chicks (3x) in the last five years. Six and four. That's a .600 winning percentage. Not bad!

Send photos of your trophy case please...yours not SEC's*******

Dec 1, 2015, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

winner winner Chicken dinner!***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should help ...***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Send photos of your trophy case please...yours not SEC's******* ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You mean the BCS era?

Dec 1, 2015, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

The time in college football when preseason ranking had the most effect on the final polls? Are we talking about the time during which ESPiN and the SEC merged to form the ESecPN Network?

Could this perhaps be the time when ESPiN pushed the mantra "SEC first last and always," on the ignorant masses of football fans?

Are you referring to the times when ESPiN pushed four SEC team to the top and lined up four cupcakes to match them against for the pleasure of the SEC Network?

The old folks always said, 'If you tell a lie long enough you'll begin to believe it yourself.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

Not one A$S Hole, just about every seat ticket that was purchase by a gameCoot. And what's really pathetic is, coots spend hard earned money to go into the stadium 7 times a year to boast a conference when half of them don't have a clue of what SEC even stands for.

^^^Lacks Self-Awareness^^^***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Guess what rival's fan is on Clemson board talking about

Dec 1, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

inferiority complex? Still doesn't get it!!!! Age?

You are right about 1 thing - WAS.***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

Bet you were that kid.

Dec 1, 2015, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

I don't even know why you try.

You are the reason this article was written - clueless and blinded by your own lies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 1, 2015, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

Thanks for the chuckle!

Why do I see SEC stickers on cars, printed on t-shirts, coffee cups, flags

Dec 1, 2015, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

and on numerous other things with gamecock fans? It isn't just this one kid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The fact you are on a Clemson board trying to argue...

Dec 1, 2015, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

the point says EVERYTHING. You are the epitome of 'wanna-be'.

The fact that if Clemson wins this weekend, we will likely have a record that will NEVER be achieved by the Gamecocks in my lifetime (and I hope to have a few more decades here on Earth). And even moreso, it was achieved by our 'cheerleader' coach who you all thought would fall flat on his face... it drives you CRAZY. And finally, with all the coaching vacancies this year, your sore loser head coach has left you in a desperate scenario where you realize NO GOOD COACH WANTS TO COME TO SC BECAUSE IF HOLTZ AND SPURRIER CANNOT GET A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, WHO WILL?

SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! - It's all you have to hang your hat on.

Looks like a coot is still gonna coot

Dec 1, 2015, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

Shouldn't you be concerned about your coaching search instead of an article written on big brother's website? Good luck with this weekend's game though lol.

Go Tigers!

You key word is "was". Get in the now.***

Dec 2, 2015, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Spot On But.................. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What conference is the Citadel in?

Dec 1, 2015, 7:56 AM

A real one?

elCid has the same number of wins in the $EC Least as $CU***

Dec 1, 2015, 8:08 AM

Re: New Story: My conference is better than yours: The last bastion of the ignorant

Dec 1, 2015, 8:00 AM

Ever since the Chickens joined the SEC, with the exception of two or three years, the mantra from Columbia has been the logical equivalent of, "The teams who kick our ### are better than the teams whose ##### you kick." I have always gotten a chuckle out if it. Of course now, even that isn't true.

Re: New Story: My conference is better than yours: The last bastion of the ignorant

Dec 1, 2015, 8:02 AM

Dead on!!

Dec 1, 2015, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: My conference is better than yours: The last bastion of the ignorant ]

Would love for USuck to return to the ACC and see just how balanced another conference is! Sure the SEC west is a challenge, but they can't even compete in the lowly SEC east during a down period except for season! In the meantime Clemson has played or will play in three ACC Championship games against highly ranked opponents.

Go Tigers!

Extremely Well Said!!!!***

Dec 1, 2015, 8:09 AM

True

Dec 1, 2015, 8:15 AM

But Carolina couldn't win when they were in the ACC. Whenever they talk about they're conference, that's what I tell them.
GO TIGERS!!!

Get a Real Team! LOL ... Coots are dumb.***

Dec 1, 2015, 8:16 AM

Re: Get a Real Team! LOL ... Coots are dumb.***

Dec 1, 2015, 10:22 AM

Ever heard of a smart chicken? Me either.

Dec 1, 2015, 8:18 AM

Great article. This story line has been talked about for years by ESPN and it gets very old.

Good story! I find it funny that almost every espn announcer

Dec 1, 2015, 8:33 AM

refers to any fast player as having sec speed. Yet sec is the one conference that constantly fakes injuries against a spread offense. lol

Crickets chirp in Columbia as David Hood drops the mic***

Dec 1, 2015, 8:53 AM

This has been USC's built in excuse for two decades

Dec 1, 2015, 8:53 AM

since joining the SEC. They suck. They know they suck. So when they joined the SEC they FINALLY had an out, a REASON they sucked that wasn't themselves.

And while there was a time they could get away with that to some extent, those days are over and have been for some time. It's like they NEED the SEC to be all mighty to justify their mediocrity.

But I will tell you the KEY to USC's football woes are their absolutely unhealthy obsession with Clemson. Spurrier could tell you that. Holtz could also. Ever wonder why the wheels flew off after they achieved "the thumb"? Spurrier knew.

I would love to get Brad Scott in a room for 20 minutes to discuss this. He more than anyone can tell you the difference between Clemson and USC. I really felt sorry for Brad Scott and Lou Holtz. They were class coaches stuck at a place that punishes class. Same for Tanner I think.

USC needs to forget about Clemson. Hire a good up and coming coach with little name recognition, and rebuild their program into something successful. I really hope they don't go after a big-name coach, for their sake. That will not end well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC 7-1 last two seasons vs. SECleast.....

Dec 1, 2015, 8:55 AM

GT blew it last week, should've been 8-0.

Screw Calford.

Re: ACC 7-1 last two seasons vs. SECleast.....

Dec 1, 2015, 9:09 AM

"Preach on Brother David" !!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is often failed to be mentioned is that the string of

Dec 1, 2015, 9:08 AM

SEC titles were won at a time when the press largely picked the teams to play for the championship. Therefore, the media bias was largely responsible for almost always selecting an SEC team.. For example the year that LSU and Alabama played for the title after one of the most boring season match-ups that I have ever watched. I do not consider those years nearly as valid as the ones that will be coming in the future with the new playoff system in place.

I believe it was also the lowest rated***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:09 AM

Re: I believe it was also the lowest rated***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:15 AM

Well Classless is back. I believe the kid that David talked was actually '09. Sounds like something he would say. By the way Classless, you and your fans are some of the most low life in college football. You have that but that is all. Your conference is a thing of the past. Head to head against the ACC the last 2 years ------ what is it ? Yep, you suck ! 3-9 baby !!!!!

yup ok state got robbed that year

Dec 1, 2015, 12:10 PM [ in reply to What is often failed to be mentioned is that the string of ]

d

Dec 1, 2015, 9:11 AM

I think ESPN is responsible for dumbing down the overall sports IQ(Ironically). Its why kids don't want to learn fundamentals and just want to recreate big plays, like dunks and one handed catches. And it's why viewers dutifully repeat terms that have repeatedly been disproven, such as SEC speed, deflate gate, etc.

My Writer Hood can beat up your Mouthy Finebaum***

Dec 1, 2015, 9:13 AM

Well Said Mr. Hood!!!

Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 AM

I've heard the statement many time from their fanbase while at my place of employment. I know two diehard fans that don't know one another loves usc as much as I love Clemson make the statement at two different locations and times, "I don't care if we lose every game as long as we beat Clemson". Sound like some usc fans don't care or accepted a loosing record just as long as they beat Clemson.

D Hood, this article is the ultimate burn. well done***

Although this analysis is spot on, the rest of the story is that major sports networks pound the conference distinctions every update show, every day. (Due to contract$ & population demographics). Even the ACC, when adding schools last expansion, perpetuated the idea that it is a "basketball conference." And, finally, the polls & playoffs use strength of schedule. Ignorant or not, conferences are second only to teams when viewed by recruits, polls, selection committees, bowls & sports analysts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2015, 9:32 AM

Boom!

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 1, 2015, 9:32 AM

Unfortunately, the sad truth is that SEC fans (If they do realize these evident truths) will now turn to talking about the past and how rich a history their conference has and the dominance they have shown in the past 9 years. They will deny the present day reality and live in the past and we will still hear those lovely chants, "SEC! SEC! SEC!".

Dec 1, 2015, 9:36 AM

Bada55. This article needs to be dropped from the sky over Columbia.

Funny how you don't see the Alabama's or the LSU's screaming SEC! It's always the bottom feeders that have nothing to hang on to that spout this nonsense.

Simple retort: "Get a real TEAM."

Dec 1, 2015, 9:38 AM

And coach. And players. And fans. And school.

Not that we would want to do this but

Dec 1, 2015, 9:43 AM

not a single one of those coots would support us being admitted to the SEC if we asked. They talk all big about their conference but if we asked to come in they would fight it to their very last cluck. Hypocrites all of them.

Dec 1, 2015, 9:43 AM

BOOM!! & AMEN TO THAT!!

Bravo!

Dec 1, 2015, 10:03 AM

About time someone said that!

Obviously kid was ignoring their "1969 ACC Champions" banner***

Dec 1, 2015, 10:49 AM

good article .Gamecocks remind me

Dec 1, 2015, 11:38 AM

Of a fellow from Georgia named Billy. Billy worked at a convenience store where he drank beer and pumped gas. He thought it made him great because his brother Jimmy was president of the United States.

Dec 1, 2015, 11:42 AM

Great article to any one who is tired of the hype about a special conference. Thanks David Hood well written and keep up the good work. I'm sure some will not understand it but for those with open eyes it speaks volumns.

Dec 1, 2015, 11:49 AM

Haha. Yes! Just so you all know, and I know most of you already do, this isn't limited to 'the other USC' by a long shot. Down here in Tallahassee, most of the people who didn't go to college are fans of Florida, Alabama, and Georgia, and I've yet to meet a single one that doesn't say "yah but Florida State doesn't play anybody. [their team] is in the SEC king God master of all schedules..."

So I always say yah it must be a lot tougher to play the teams on your schedule than the teams that beat most of the teams on your schedule. I see your point...???

I KNEW Clemson would beat South Carolina but I was surprised it was even close. You might remind some of these morons that their division champions just got annihilated by an ACC team that's not even playing for the conference championship because they had 2 losses in the ACC.

After reading through all of these comments though, I think I misunderstood something somewhere. When I hear announcers say someone has "SEC speed" I've always just thought they meant the guy is legit fast but not as fast as Clemson, Florida State, Miami, VA Tech, etc?

Anyway, GREAT article and it doesn't just need to be dropped over USC but all over the SEC and maybe on the ESPN headquarters as well. Good luck to Clemson. Everyone down here is rooting for you to win it all just to shut these fools up!

agree w/most of your post....but just to let you know....

Jan 2, 2016, 5:31 PM

Clemson "only" beat the chickens by 5 points....after chickenU scored a touchdown with 1 second left in the game....a 12 point win doesn't really sound very close and that last score came courtesy a "prevent" defense that did exactly what it was designed to ----use up the clock in a game whose outcome is a foregone conclusion

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the ACC isn't a real conference,

Dec 1, 2015, 11:57 AM

Does that mean they've never won a real conference title?

If so, they should pull their 1969 ACC Championship banner down to free up room for all of their future SEC Championship banners.

Re: If the ACC isn't a real conference,

Dec 1, 2015, 12:04 PM

They might want to replace it with Stevie's banner.

Dec 1, 2015, 12:23 PM

Great article David. Needed a good chuckle to make me smile all day ! Keep up the good work ! GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 1, 2015, 1:34 PM

Just a glorious piece of work, Hood.

University if SEC not so skrong this year.***

Dec 1, 2015, 3:48 PM

Replies: 100
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic