Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spectrum is a piece of crap!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Spectrum is a piece of crap!

Mar 16, 2020, 2:28 AM

That’s all. Disconnecting all my junk tonight and dumping their sorry ##### tomorrow.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spectrum is a piece of crap!

Mar 16, 2020, 4:22 AM

The most crooked and money hungry company in America.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess you've never interacted with AT&T***

Mar 16, 2020, 4:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

one word.......

Mar 16, 2020, 7:25 PM

Copart

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Mar 16, 2020, 4:25 AM

I know right? They just quit broadcasting live sports all together.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 7:12 AM

You're just NOW figuring that out? I bet you'd love their "deals" on cellphones too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only have their hs internet for several years now.

Mar 16, 2020, 7:55 AM

And that's because I don't have a viable alternative.

Many of the alternatives have data caps***

Mar 16, 2020, 4:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spectrum is the most horrible company EVER.

Mar 16, 2020, 9:34 AM

Every time i meet an employee, i tell them to have their resume' ready. Because with that service and extremely poor customer service, they will go under.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spectrum is the most horrible company EVER.

Mar 16, 2020, 9:39 AM

When Time Warner was bought out by Spectrum, they immediately went up $20 on my bill. I asked for any deals and they said no. I cancelled and went to another company. Several months later, they called about a deal they had if I signed back up. I said no thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My dealings

Mar 16, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Spectrum is the most horrible company EVER. ]

7 - 1 hour long phone calls, 2 tech's and 3 visits to the local store. Just to get the ACC network.
Then they took off my NFL package and outdoor network and made another package and wanted to charge me $5 more every month. Then my cable card is on the fritz. I went in to replace it. they said i needed to bring the box. i go back and get the box. upon returning, that is when they told me they didn't have the card or box in stock. There is a firewall created so no customer can get any reasonable help in any reasonable time frame. I could run that company better.

DMVs across the country put Spectrum's customer

Mar 16, 2020, 9:54 AM

service to shame.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously, You guys have never had the misfortune of working with AT&T

Mar 16, 2020, 11:13 AM

The ABSOLUTE WORST Company in the WORLD!!! Horrific Customer Service and a Pathetic Bureaucracy. They make the Federal Government look extremely competent.

Re: Obviously, You guys have never had the misfortune of working with AT&T

Mar 16, 2020, 11:18 AM

LOL AGREE. EVEN THOUGH I STILL HAVE MY PHONE THROUGH THEM. THAT END AINT QUITE AS BAD.

So back when I had AT&T, one day I received a call from one

Mar 16, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Obviously, You guys have never had the misfortune of working with AT&T ]

of their tech sales guys. He said that I was in luck, and they were going to upgrade me to digital service and also reduce my monthly bill. Hard to believe! I asked him what it was going to do to my internet speed, since I had a slow (3mbps-ish) DSL service. He clicked a bit, then it got silent. Clicked again, followed by more silence. After the third iteration of this, he said that the "upgrade" would make my internet speed SLOWER. He said he would put me on the list of folks not to upgrade.

Luckily Comporium about that time was running fiber down toward my house, and I changed over to them ASAP. Now have about 940mbps on my desktop with fiber to the back of the modem. Even better, I was able to bag my landline, DSL, and DirecTV. Better speed and less money! And ZERO $$ to AT&T!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YouTube TV. How many times do we have to tell you?***

Mar 16, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to My dealings ]

They already went under a few years ago.

Mar 16, 2020, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Spectrum is the most horrible company EVER. ]

Its the same company as Charter. Went bankrupt because, well, they sucked ###, came back rebranded as Spectrum. Only thing that changed was their name apparently.

Re: They already went under a few years ago.

Mar 17, 2020, 12:02 PM

Charter bought Time Warner and Brighthouse and re-branded the merger as Spectrum.

Mar 16, 2020, 11:23 AM

Parted ways with them about 3 weeks ago. Now, it's YOUTUBETV.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 1:15 PM

I have them for internet only--not too bad.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 16, 2020, 3:52 PM

Same. Their internet is about as good as it gets.

I have no complaints with their internet service.***

Mar 16, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Spectrum is a piece of crap! ]

What?? No complaints?

Mar 17, 2020, 4:32 AM

They sent me a new modem which I had to install and activate myself and they charged me $10 as a "self-activation" fee. Now the internet is slower than before and nowhere near what it should be. Supposed to be 100 mbps and getting 14 mbps.

Gave a bad survey 2 days ago.....still no contact from them to help improve the quality.

IMO, spectrum customers will see increase

Mar 16, 2020, 4:48 PM

In internet bills soon. They are now offering free internet and installation for 60 days to any families that have school age children and no home internet. They are opening all of their hot spots and wifi. Sounds good on the surface, but existing customers will get hit with increases when all of this blows over

Mar 17, 2020, 9:51 AM

Totally. AT&T is just as bad. Neither could spell "customer service" if they wanted to. The devil you know, however.

I've never had any problems with Spectrum

Mar 17, 2020, 9:53 AM

Way better than Dish and phone internet

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never had any problems with Spectrum

Mar 17, 2020, 12:22 PM

Wow. I had Charter cable back in the day and cancelled about 15 years ago. They were horrible. I went with Dish and loved it. Great service, etc. My trees covered all of the satellite lines of sight a few years ago, so I went to Spectrum internet and steaming. No complaints so far.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic