Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spectrum/ACCN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,367

Spectrum/ACCN

Aug 26, 2019, 10:11 AM

Found out I have a old package. Been with Charter/Spectrum 40 yrs. If i switch to the newer package in order to get ACCN I lose 4-5 channels we watch all the time.

That's what you get with monopolies

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spectrum/ACCN

Aug 26, 2019, 10:18 AM

I pay $236 a month with these Crooks and they want another $36 a month for the gold package to get ACC channel. I hope the ACC network and Spectrum shutdown.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 10:26 AM

I pay $236 a month with these Crooks and they want another $36 a month for the gold package to get ACC channel. I hope the ACC network and Spectrum shutdown.

I think that hey are probably screwing you , but I am not sure your description is fair. They are telling you that you have to come in to the lowest package that gives you the ESPN packages including ESPNU and the SEC network. If you do that you will get the ACC package. That is not the Gold package.

It is absolutely a rip off. here is how you fix it. Look at the line ups on these two
streaming services and compare the cost versus what you are paying TODAY to Spectrum.

YouTubeTV 55.97 month
Philo 15.00 month

Compare the combined channel list of thhe two services, and post the channels that are not in one of the two of those packages that are the 6 that you say that you need to have?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 10:37 AM

You said that if we are getting ESPN on Spectrum then we will have ACCN, right? OK, I get ESPN now but do not have ACCN anywhere. Is ACCN broadcasting yet?

thanks tiger buddy

Aug 26, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Spectrum/ACCN ]

The ACC Network is not to blame here.

I heard that part of the delay with many tv services acquiring the ACCN was that ESPN wanted it to be included in the same package with their other networks.

TV services were trying to fight that and be able to charge extra for the new network.

It appears that both sides settled on a small victory for each because the new network is part of large packages but companies are still charging more for it because they did not include it in their base package, nor are they allowing customers with old grandfather-in packages to add the channel without updating.

This is strictly on your friends at Spectrum.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:42 AM

TigersO said:

The ACC Network is not to blame here.

I heard that part of the delay with many tv services acquiring the ACCN was that ESPN wanted it to be included in the same package with their other networks.

TV services were trying to fight that and be able to charge extra for the new network.

It appears that both sides settled on a small victory for each because the new network is part of large packages but companies are still charging more for it because they did not include it in their base package, nor are they allowing customers with old grandfather-in packages to add the channel without updating.

This is strictly on your friends at Spectrum.

According to spectrum, it is only people that were "acquired" and grandfathered in from cable companies that Spectrum bought. They are telling customers that they can stay exactly where they are as long as they want , hence the term "grandfathered -in". I hate the cable companies in general, but they are perfectly within their rights to say, if you want to change, you "have to pick one of our currently offered plans".

If you had a gas station, and the price your station had to pay for gas went up, should you stil get it for the old price because it you are a long time customer. Jeepers some people are starting to sound like Bernie. ACC Network is a Right not an option!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 11:09 AM

I was simply referring to him incorrectly blaming the ACC Network for his issues.

Spectrum is who he should be taking issue with.

Everything you are saying is completely true as well.

I don't blame Spectrum for wanting to find ways to get people updated to their current products but it seems that the above poster does not like it.

I have Spectrum, Spectrum Select and the ACCN

Aug 26, 2019, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Spectrum/ACCN ]

not sure why some places need to upgrade to silver or gold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Spectrum/ACCN ]

Yeah, that's right. Hope the worst for everyone else because you aren't satisfied. It's far less reasonable for you to just pick another option.

Lord have mercy.

Aug 26, 2019, 12:30 PM

I'm with Spectrum but hadn't been able to get the ACCN to work on my TV. They sent me a new modem and then it worked. Might be something for anyone who isn't able to get it figured out to have them try.

Aug 26, 2019, 3:25 PM

May have old package. That was my problem

Aug 26, 2019, 7:32 PM

Yes I did but them changing it over didn't fix the problem. Luckily the new modem did however.

I can tell this has really "Ticked" you off, since you have

Aug 26, 2019, 1:20 PM

only made 94 poasts in 18 years!

But, you have gotten down to a 36% pulse, so you must have Ticked off others, as well! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can tell this has really "Ticked" you off, since you have

Aug 26, 2019, 2:06 PM

Seems the best game option for many of us that don’t have updated services is ESPN+. I hope that still works!

Aug 26, 2019, 3:24 PM

Went down and waited 30 minutes. Upgraded to silver package, (No movie, didn't have before). Supposedly better package. saving $28.00 month. go figure

Aug 26, 2019, 3:44 PM

When you call spectrum you get a recording asking you need to switch to select SPP package in order to receive the ACC package.My bill went from 274.00 to 234.00 and sent me new modem required for select SPP package

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,367
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic