Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spectrum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,708

Spectrum

Aug 24, 2019, 1:40 AM

Well, if you are a legacy subscriber you will need to call them and migrate to Spectrum. Good news is if bundled like mine it gets $40 a month cheaper and doubles internet speed, new cable modem and WiFi router included. Not sure what the ruckus on price is for them because it is the same cost as YouTube TV and a buttload more channels. That is if one adds HBO/Showtime to YouTube. Yeah, the boxes and dvd are $20 bucks but I am old and nothing from my side is running to the cloud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spectrum

Aug 24, 2019, 8:50 AM

So what was your final cost? Mine $184 plus fees taxes $214 for Select package.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 8:57 AM

Mine was $223. for gold.

Aug 24, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Spectrum ]

I have the Gold package but called and got a couple channels dropped (EPIX) and my payment dropped from about $220 to $190 and I upgraded to much faster internet speed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 8:50 AM

Are you sure you're not on a promotional rate?

I signed up for Charter Spectrum in Greenville, SC in 2002

Aug 24, 2019, 9:09 AM
spectrum.JPG(85.0 K)

i have the Select package. I upgrade to silver to watch game of thrones for a month, but then i downgrade back top Select.

My bill is around $101 / month.. attached

1 cable box.. no DVR. box in living room. The other 4 tvs have rokus with spectrum's app.. which is included. The ACCN channel says i have to upgrade to get. IF i upgrade to SIlver over the TV it is $20/mo and i get HBO and some other stuff.

I read the posts like yours about having old packages vs new packages and how you can just call and they Well swap you for free.

I called to swap to the new Select package and they wanted to charge $50 more a month. Im better off upgrading to the Old silver package.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 24, 2019, 9:11 AM

UPDATE- Since I was not listed on account to make changes had to call back this morning once the wife woke up. After getting me listed as able to make changes was told the numbers given to me last night were not available, told them their business model was a joke and wanted to speak with the next level up. So, after explaining it to this person what was discussed last night she went to work on it. After all was done A Silver package, upgraded internet(2x faster) with new cable modem and WiFi routerlandline(old person), 2 cable boxes, DVR on both and WiFi came to $164 with taxes and fees included.

Today I am off to dookie can Verizon, screw them with their fees and surcharges.

Aug 24, 2019, 9:45 AM

Now it is saving me right at $70 per month, so I am happy. Spectrum has pricing like the airlines and until you tell them they ain’t the only game in town they are unresponsive.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,708
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic