Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Special Teams Factor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Special Teams Factor

Jan 3, 2019, 9:56 AM

I cannot help but to think that special teams play is going to be right at the top regarding the deciding factors in this game.

Considering how close this game has been in the last few years, makeable field goals HAVE to be made.

Also, considering the fact that we cannot expect every drive to end with points against this sort of defense, flipping the field on that offense is crucial.

So, please, for the love of God, I hope Will Spiers does something different this game and kicks like his life depends on it, with same going for Heugel.

Everyone knows that Alabama's special teams play is less than stellar, so if we can win the edge there, it could be the difference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Special Teams Factor

Jan 3, 2019, 10:14 AM

Will Spiers is what he his, ain't no big game gonna change that; may bang one for 45 may bang one for 25. It will be the responsibility of the offense to at worst get first downs.

Didn't we sign a punter any chance we can burn a year of eligibility for one game.

I am being a bit sarcastic but I do believe this will be a pretty pivotal part of the game.

Re: Special Teams Factor

Jan 3, 2019, 10:22 AM

Got a 3-Star punter, which is actually pretty impressive. Watching Spiers struggle to punt it 40 yards is difficult to watch.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic