Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sleeper recruit of the year nominee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,929

Sleeper recruit of the year nominee

Feb 26, 2016, 9:37 AM

DE D.J. Johnson 6-5 240 Sacramento, CA Burbank High School

This guy can straight up fly and I've put him inside my Top 20 because of how impressive his production and film are. His numbers are simply astounding- 87 tackles, 32 tackles for a loss, 14.5 sacks, 2 PBUd, 5 forced fumbles and 3 fumble recoveries brought back for TD. He also catches the ball as a WR and trucks people in blocking situations. He's disruptive and flies off the snap. He's super aggresive in tackling but also attempts to strip the ball. Plays from snap to whistle and doesn't mind chasing someone down. He's got the ability to change direction swiftly so its hard to ellude him.

His offers are growing but they include Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, LSU, Miss St, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC and others. I really wish we'd offer him as I think he could be a real threat to be a game changer. He's already got the size so some team is going to get a terrific play maker when he signs.

http://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Johnson-85027

His film- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4023082/highlights/308578520

Another I really like is WR Isaiah Hodgins- also from California. 94 receptions, 1483 yards, 114.1 per game and 23 TDs. Solid on tape too. He's inside my Top 75. Watch this catch at the :35 mark below this article http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/06/isaiah_hodgins_2017_4-star_wr.html .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm interested in your opinions of DE Tre Lawson from N. Aug***

Feb 26, 2016, 9:48 AM

Speaking of guys that are gaining momentum

Feb 26, 2016, 10:05 AM

Should he take a short camp tour then he'll definitely get more exposure. At 6-6/6-7 he's got excellent length. He also has ok speed off the snap. Love his suddenness. His frame is elite so he has the immeasurables.

He'll have to put on some more weight though and increase his strength. Needs to improve his pad level, aggressiveness and shedding blocks. Because he is very blockable. May need to refine his technique a bit to become more of a pure tackler rather than a grabber. Wish he'd make his way down to the Atlanta Opening so we could see him go against top competitors cause its hard to make a determination yet. That way we'd have a better measuring stick but he certainly looks like he could be a D1 level guy with some work.

Re: Speaking of guys that are gaining momentum

Feb 26, 2016, 11:11 AM

I like this evaluation. Our team played him and he didn't impact the game a whole lot. He is blockable and lacks great functional strength but has the body that I'm sure can be shaped into a good offensive tackle or possibly end or defensive tackle.

I went to NAHS back in the day and saw him play a few times

Feb 26, 2016, 12:28 PM

this year. He was probably the 4th-5th best player on that defense which isn't a compliment. Hope he matures physically and realizes he can be pretty good at this football thing. Otherwise he's just gonna be another guy at a d1 program, where everyone is the same size.

Thanks Bry!

Feb 26, 2016, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Speaking of guys that are gaining momentum ]

His offer sheet has some pretty big names but I think its just too risky at this point for clemson to offer.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,929
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic