Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Speaking of TAMU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,824

Speaking of TAMU

Aug 7, 2019, 5:32 PM

I wonder where they will hold their “yell practice”. I’d also add that I hope all Tiger fans show respect for their tradition and just leave them alone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of TAMU

Aug 7, 2019, 5:54 PM

I think I read in another post they will be having Yell Practice somewhere in Greenville. I think the Aggies are good with visitors who attend as long as they are respectful and enjoy it with them. The first time they had it in Columbia the coot fans really showed their true colors and wanted to fight. We would not and have not taken that approach in previous games with them....

Aug 7, 2019, 8:56 PM

Correct...

1 - Virtually certain it will be in Greenville, though I haven't heard an official announcement. It was in Greenville the last time we visited (2005 ish).

2 - Absolutely correct - We enjoy respectful fans of other schools coming out to it. I think many of your fellow Clemson travellers enjoyed seeing the home version of Midnight Yell in College Station last year. I have no doubt though if any of you show up, it will great - y'all were great guests in Aggieland last year.

Gig 'em

Aug 7, 2019, 9:10 PM

Be cool to check it out in person! One of the very cool traditions in college football. I pray we don't have any of that 10% show up and be disrespectful. I don't we will; not CU fans style!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 9:28 PM

Meh... Honestly, we have held away game Yell Practices and had some of the opposing fans "sportingly oppose" it. It can make it fun, if done right. Our Yell Leaders tell a joke about the opposing school, usually corney as hell. We have thick skins as long as it's meant to be fun.

On the other hand, I made the trip to Lubbock (aka "Lubbuttox"), TX for the game with Texas Tech... once... note... once. Let's just say their fans showed up at Yell and were not too sporting about it. Will never forget the sound of beer bottles breaking all around us in a Wal-Mart parking lot...

No idea yet where it will be in Greenville, but if I remember to do it, I'll post it on your board.

Aug 8, 2019, 12:18 AM

I believe breaking beer bottles in a Wal-Mart parking lot IS a Tech tradition. It’s like an internship for a “career” of sweeping Wal-Mart parking lots......after they graduate from Tech.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,824
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic