Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Schedule thoughts: September is a doozy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,372

New Story: Schedule thoughts: September is a doozy

Jan 24, 2017, 6:47 PM

Schedule thoughts: September is a doozy

In the days leading up to the release of the 2017 ACC football schedule, there were all sorts of rumors floating around social media about Clemson’s schedule. Now I’ve seen the real thing, I’m relieved. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT beat ECU last season 54-17***

Jan 24, 2017, 7:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of Friday night games, I certainly hope the Clemson AD

Jan 24, 2017, 9:05 PM

has informed the ACC that we WILL NOT play a home Friday night game, under any circumstances. If we want to pisss off the in state high school coaches, just play a home game on Friday night!

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of Friday night games, I certainly hope the Clemson AD

Jan 24, 2017, 9:36 PM

+1 ^^^^^ maybe +1000 !

Ridiculous the reining champs have to play any Friday games.... at most should be a Thursday night game.

Just don't understand why AD's can't get together and say no to any fri games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point, Clemson will not have a choice

Jan 25, 2017, 6:35 AM [ in reply to Speaking of Friday night games, I certainly hope the Clemson AD ]

Just like we've expressed our strong opposition to having Thursday night home games, opposing Friday night home games may delay or minimize them but at some point the conference is going to make us play one.

Re: Speaking of Friday night games, I certainly hope the Clemson AD

Jan 25, 2017, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Speaking of Friday night games, I certainly hope the Clemson AD ]

We are reluctant to play on Thursday's at Clemson as well, but we have done it. The traffic is terrible and a lot of empty seats.
I was opposed to the Friday away game last year, but then I realized that is the only way to get Clemson @ BC a national audience or above espn3. I think the Clemson @ Syracuse may be a similar decision.
There are some schools that do not mind Friday night home games, I think a lot of HS up north play football on Saturdays.

Re: New Story: Schedule thoughts: September is a doozy

Jan 24, 2017, 10:41 PM

11,12,13 - 2nd latest FSU game?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can run this gauntlet...

Jan 25, 2017, 6:47 PM

Threepeat ACC champs and CFB playoff!

Jan 25, 2017, 11:32 PM

I was hoping we played Louisville later in September or early October in order for our new QB to gain some on field experience. I am concerned most about this game up there and really want to see our defense come out strong because I don't want what happened to FSU to happen to us . The Noles were breaking in a new QB and had a highly regarded defense but the game got away from them FAST and they got BLOWN OUT. I don't think Brent Venables will allow that kind of breakdown on defense but Louisville will be looking to ring up the scoreboard on us like they did FSU. It is critical we get our running game going to keep Jackson off the field and we don't turn the ball over. We should be ready for a physical game after playing Auburn the week before but the Cardinals will be looking for a BIG WIN and I went to the game up there in 2015 and there fans show up strong. This game,... Auburn ...and FSU concern me the most...then NC State on the road with the ACC referees helping them like they did Pitt.

Jan 26, 2017, 6:14 PM

Love your Friday night analysis, big middle finger to the fans. College Football is supposed to be played on Saturday, not Thursday or Friday nights. But, we live in a society controlled by the media and that's the way it goes. Gather all the ACC University Presidents and AD''s together and put a stop to this.. GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,372
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic