Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SpaceX Capsule to Dock With ISS at 10:29
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,009

SpaceX Capsule to Dock With ISS at 10:29

May 31, 2020, 8:28 AM

Being born in 1962, I grew up with the space race, and I never will get it out of my system. I think it's about the coolest thing.
By the way, the astronauts picked a good day to leave Earth. I would suggest they not return until mid November or so.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Never forget watching the first landing on the moon on an

May 31, 2020, 8:48 AM

old "snowy" black-and-white TV with my family and my dad saying over and over this is one of the biggest things you'll ever see in your life time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never forget watching the first landing on the moon on an

May 31, 2020, 9:02 AM

I'll never forget that either. I was in second grade. I remember my dad trying to take pictures of the TV with a Polaroid Instamatic camera. He would peel the film and wait for a hazy mess. Those cameras were a piece of crap.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: Never forget watching the first landing on the moon on an

May 31, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Never forget watching the first landing on the moon on an ]

I remember staying up late with siblings watching the old black & white. My parents had long gone to bed. It was an amazing time with unrest around the country but it did bring everyone together for a moment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SpaceX Capsule to Dock With ISS at 10:29

May 31, 2020, 9:00 AM

They will be staying at the ISS for several months. Too bad we can't all get away for a while.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 31, 2020, 11:44 AM

Max is 114 days but they will return sooner to make way for the Crew-1 mission scheduled for August 30 (but may be moved back a little).

Demo-2 must return a minimum 30 days before Crew-1 launches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Space Shuttle Orbiters docked with Space Station 37 times.

May 31, 2020, 11:51 AM

Even though I am VERY happy for the SpaceX Dragon capsule docking with the ISS, it is a little disappointing to me that the 37 ISS dockings by the Space Shuttle Orbiters seemed to become mundane in the eyes of the press and social media. Also, MANY components of the ISS were brought up and assembled via the Space Shuttle Orbiters. I corrected a guy on TigerNet yesterday who proclaimed how amazed that he was that Elon Musk and SpaceX's accomplishments were without expertise and funding from NASA, which is FAR from the truth. I will repost here if you would like. As we ALL cheer for SpaceX's accomplishments, including the vast majority of NASA employees, let us not forget that NASA has been, and will stay HIGHLY relevant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

May 31, 2020, 4:30 PM

I was a counselor at a summer YMCA camp, in Pine Mountain, GA. The campers had gone to bed and all the counselors were watching it on a 12 inch black and white portable TV.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,009
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic