Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Parking Is A Total Mess!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Clemson Parking Is A Total Mess!

Oct 2, 2016, 6:25 PM

Clemson has made a total mess of the football parking situation! After being moved to farther away parking in each of the last four years because of new constructions, I am so frustrated with my parking and tailgating spot. I am currently in the East Beach lot where they crammed as many spots in as they could and didn't leave enough space to tailgate without having to move every time another vehicle comes in to park. My preferred exit route is ridiculous now with the three new lots along my route and the busing of thousands to those new lots. They only direct traffic out of my lot in one direction which is the worst possible thing for those in this lot. Nobody who pays IPTAY fees should be parked miles away from the stadium and I'm seriously considering not attending any games next year if they don't fix this. FIX THE PARKING CLEMSON!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So..yur in favor of parking garage towers next to LJ?***

Oct 2, 2016, 6:32 PM

Re: So..yur in favor of parking garage towers next to LJ?***

Oct 2, 2016, 6:36 PM

I would say yes. Something has to give and that may or may not be the answer.

You prolly won't like Your answer

Oct 2, 2016, 6:43 PM

It's most $$$

Oct 2, 2016, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: So..yur in favor of parking garage towers next to LJ?*** ]

Having had to deal with leaving parking garages after concerts in various places, I can assure you I would not want to park in one at a football game. Getting out of one take FOREVER.

Oct 3, 2016, 8:13 AM

Like getting out now doesn't? We didn't move an inch for over an hour and it was much longer before we got out.

Re: Clemson Parking Is A Total Mess!***

Oct 2, 2016, 6:32 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Parking Is A Total Mess!***

Oct 2, 2016, 6:34 PM

just a hunch but you might not get a response here***

Oct 2, 2016, 6:36 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just a hunch but you might not get a response here***

Oct 3, 2016, 8:16 AM

almost 3500 read it so far and plenty of responses... I guess your hunch is wrong. I'm not the only one who is frustrated with parking.

Re: Clemson Parking Is A Total Mess!

Oct 2, 2016, 6:38 PM

Parking is different this year for sure. Not in a good way different for us either. I spent $$$ buying parking passes from StubHub just to be in a lot with my tailgate buddies.

One can complain because a rose has thorns or rejoice

Oct 2, 2016, 6:40 PM

because thorns have roses. (A. Lincoln)

Parking woes are just part of the experience when you've got 90k+ people around campus.

I just understand it's going to be the trade off of going to the game. Either be patient and wait for traffic to ease or leave early.

Or don't go.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

So

Oct 2, 2016, 6:46 PM

I just got moved to East Beach as well. 25+ years as an IPTAY member, second generation, Lifetime IPTAY for 15+ years.

We went to IPTAY about it this year. Bottom line: Plenty of people giving in the six figure range annually, moves everyone else out. forget priority points. Unless you're in in the HIGH 6 figures, doesn't really matter (note, this is 6 figures annual, not cumulative).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

That is BS

Oct 2, 2016, 7:02 PM

There are 400-500 Heisman and less tha a hundred over that.

Re: So

Oct 2, 2016, 7:12 PM [ in reply to So ]

High six figures would be close to a million, right? Geez, lots of Clemson alumni are doing alright for themselves if that is the case.

can i have your tickets next year?

Oct 2, 2016, 7:01 PM

I dont get the opportunity to attend many games at all. Always make to homecoming but would love to get to a few more....

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha not nearly as big a problem as traffic leaving post game.

Oct 2, 2016, 7:20 PM

No one in lot 10 moved an inch for 2.5 hours.

That's not an exaggeration.

Re: Ha not nearly as big a problem as traffic leaving post game.

Oct 2, 2016, 9:54 PM

> No one in lot 10 moved an inch for 2.5 hours.
>
> That's not an exaggeration.

Lot 10 is a disaster and encountered many who would rather look the other way and not let you merge in.

Oct 2, 2016, 7:24 PM

We sat in standstill traffic for 2 hours. We got the shaft with parking as well. not very happy about it but I'm not sure what we can do about it.

Oct 2, 2016, 8:13 PM

I was moved to SCM. The tailgating atmosphere sucks, but as far as traffic, I can go the back way and get to I-85 via Hwy. 24. Came in for gameday, went home and came back at about 5:30. No issues. I can't afford much more than the Orange level , so I guess I just have to make do.

Oct 2, 2016, 8:38 PM

I have had parking spots in several different places of varying quality, but I have never once been to a night game where leaving was not a complete clustertruck. The better your parking place, the longer you have to wait to get out. Better to just walk to Esso and party or nap in the car a while.

Oct 2, 2016, 8:02 PM

It is a mess! Got to car around 12:30-12:45.... Got to Anderson at 3:00am.

Just a suggestion

Oct 2, 2016, 8:07 PM

I live in Tampa and only get to a couple games a year. I typically get to the game very early and park downtown for free or in a paid lot downtown. Relatively easy to get out from there. Plus I have plenty of friends who have tailgates.

Unless you get the street parking spots, it's no longer free

Oct 2, 2016, 9:50 PM

City of Clemson gave out permits to businesses and home owners and now are charging $40.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 8:10 PM

I think with all the construction on campus and the success of the football team, the University is doing the best they can to accommodate the IPTAY donors.

The traffic was very slow getting to US-76 last night as Perimeter Road was a parking lot for 2 hours. I think the SCHP was clearing all the outlying lots first (holding up all of us in the lots closer to the stadium) and I think that is the reason for the exceptionally slow traffic pattern from the stadium last night. I'm OK with that (probably a good idea) but really think the "traffic report" after the game on 105.5FM should tell us the SCHP traffic plan. If the SCHP had told us they will clear the outlying lots first and then the inner lots, then I would have tailgated for another hour or so instead of sitting on perimeter road wasting gas. Last nights only traffic report by "Patrolman Bill" was pathetic with no useful info at all other than telling us we should be happy sitting in traffic because Clemson won.

I fully support our men in blue but a little communication on their plan to safely get 90k+ people out of the area could go a long way for making the parking and traffic situation better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2023, 6:14 PM

Some people have nothing better to do than complain. Had you rather go back to the 3-8 Tommy West years?I'm sure traffic was much easier during those times.

Oct 2, 2016, 8:56 PM

I park in Lot 16. Pretty far walk but easy out after the game.

Oct 2, 2016, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Parking Is A Total Mess! ]

Not complaining....was asked a question....answered it!!

Last night was an exceptional situation.

Oct 2, 2016, 9:09 PM

However, the parking is/has been awful for as long as I remember. Our problem has always been that the parking doesn't have any attachment to the movement of traffic. If people could park on the side of campus that offers them the easiest entrance/egress, there would be better traffic. Years ago, we parked near the ####, but had to go through Anderson to get home. We had to drive across the lake, through Clemson, then down 76 past Perimeter, and Stone Church.

When we moved to the south side of campus, traffic has been much less of a problem. We have a short drive down Perimeter, and then out to 76 and points south. Luckily, we didn't have to move this year, but I have no doubt that might change if we keep winning.

BTW, I went to the games with West was the coach, and the traffic was much lighter in those days!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP, sell your EB season parking pass

Oct 2, 2016, 9:41 PM

And go on Tigernet Tickets and purchase the lot you would like to park in for each game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2016, 10:04 PM

My observation is that the shuttle lanes for the busses coming from the Y, SCM and NS lots are given too much priority. I do know know what the alternative is but I sat in traffic forever in the two lanes of 93 headed toward Seneca while watching the occasional shuttles use the other two lanes. If they could figure out the timing of the busses in and out, they could open up another lane for cars which would be huge.

Oct 3, 2016, 8:09 AM

We always liked coming in through Seneca Creek Rd in the past but they created three new lots out there and traffic is awful. I believe they could send the cars parked in East Beach down Perimeter Rd or the other direction on 93 and make it a little easier getting out. We had trouble getting in on Seneca Creek for the SC State game so I came in Perimeter for this one which was much better. We are not allowed to choose an exit on the way out though.

Sounds like the biggest of first world problems.

Oct 2, 2016, 10:56 PM

nm

Oct 2, 2016, 11:04 PM

Did you like it better when we won 7 games a year and did not have to worry about parking?

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic