Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oreo Speedwagon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Oreo Speedwagon

May 22, 2019, 8:23 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/21/ben-carson-real-estate-term-oreo-cookies/3755393002/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...what youre really saying is that Carson

May 22, 2019, 8:50 AM

might be as gaff-prone as Biden?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So...what youre really saying is that Carson

May 22, 2019, 10:38 AM

Carson's problem is that he thought because he was a Doctor, he was smart enough to do anything. A lot of doctors suffer from that delusion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say that is Carson is much smarter than many of the

May 22, 2019, 10:40 AM

Congressmen questioning him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: I would say that is Carson is much smarter than many of the

May 23, 2019, 1:28 PM

no, carson is a literal psychopath with superior hand eye coordination. That is why he was such a brilliant surgeon, but we are talking about the guy that claimed the pyramids were built as grain storage. Sorry, he may have his gifts, but intelligence is not one of them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post is

May 23, 2019, 1:48 PM

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: So...what youre really saying is that Carson

May 22, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to So...what youre really saying is that Carson ]

I longingly await the day that malapropisms from our President are the worst things said/tweeted.

Childish stuff...

May 22, 2019, 12:35 PM

Sure, Carson probably doesn't know as much about the workings of his agency as you would like. We all have known this for a long time.

But to me, the Congresswoman was trying to embarrass him on purpose, and was talking to him like a child. Carson clearly didn't think she was talking about cookies, he was just repeating what he thought he heard her say until she enunciated better.

You can easily tell her intent by how,

May 22, 2019, 12:37 PM

even before he answered, she said "Do you know what an REO is?"

She could have just asked him why FHA loans have more foreclosures.

The fact he doesn't know what basic concepts of his dept...

May 22, 2019, 2:58 PM

that he is in charge of is the problem here. Carson is a grown man, so if he thought he was being talked down to, undeservedly, he should have defended himself. Carson came off as small, ineffectual, sleepy, and incompetent.

But yeah, she's the one you take issue with. SMH

I am not disagreeing about Carson's incompetence.

May 23, 2019, 6:22 AM

In fact, I said as much in my original post. That doesn't mean the Congresswoman wasn't showing immaturity, likely for political reasons.

Re: I am not disagreeing about Carson's incompetence.

May 23, 2019, 1:49 PM

I thought she was just doing her job to pointing out to the american people that Carson is not only incompetent, but indifferent about his responsibilities at a public agency that serves mostly minorities. He is an embarrassment.

I didn't watch the video nor do I care about the story,

May 22, 2019, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Childish stuff... ]

but just from reading Prodigal's post, noticing the way he breaks it down, I am inclined to believe he is probably right. And that will conclude my attention on the matter. You better be right about this TheProdigal.

He's right...

May 23, 2019, 1:33 PM

as far as it goes, but the fact that Carson's lack of knowledge about the workings of an agency he has headed up for two years makes you think about an after school special where bullies pick on the stupid kid is kind of the problem.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he sucks too.***

May 23, 2019, 1:41 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic