Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
South Carolina improvements
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

South Carolina improvements

Jul 27, 2018, 9:30 AM

My take, I think it's great. I think it's all the better for us. TBH it's a little embarrassing being 56-7 better than your rival, and most exciting 25 seconds in CFB to upside down cockroach better than them in facilities and tradition.

If you're honest, their 2019 class isn't bad (keeping those kids will be something to watch though), good for them. Them getting somewhat better could be good, but I'd also like someone to come in and help them with their culture cause it's pretty atrocious. This could be a very long journey for them because they really don't know what a good player looks like (i.e. they think Jake Bentley is an elite QB).

Really I don't think they'll ever have long term success (success over the course of 4+ seasons). But rooting for them to be a one or two loss team when we play them would boost our resume (and add some bragging rights).

I see some panic from some of our fans over the 3* nonsense. Really, relax. I don't see much of the gap being closed anyway. AND think of the 3*s (or below) that have become superstars Beasley, Jarret, Dodd, The king of South Carolina and everyone's dad Mr. Hunter Renfrow...so who's the next chip on their shoulder under the radar 3* baller that surprises everyone?? My bet is this Ruke Ororhororo (probably misspelled)

So, let's embrace little brother and encourage them some, it's been a rough several years for them (unless said gamecock is a huge women's basketball fan)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Jul 27, 2018, 9:31 AM

hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Not just No,

Jul 27, 2018, 9:33 AM

but hail no.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Second.***

Jul 27, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to No ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

But you three do have to consider that every dollar they

Aug 13, 2018, 12:44 PM

spend is one less dollar they can use for bail money.

Re: No

Aug 13, 2018, 12:47 PM [ in reply to No ]

HMMM the smell of chicken

HEII No!

DCITH

Thanks for that, coot...

Is you crazy?? Axing for a friend.***

Jul 27, 2018, 9:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Carolina improvements

Jul 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

Wow, didn't think people felt that strongly.

I just don't enjoy it when they are absolute trash. It's like hunting a deer thats legs are broken....it's almost like deer hunting but you know you're gonna get the deer

I like when they go 0-21

Jul 27, 2018, 9:46 AM

I like when they lose to the Citadel.

I like when I know they are going to get curb stomped.

Most of all.......

I like being their Daddy!

Re: I like when they go 0-21

Jul 27, 2018, 9:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I am OK with the majority of what you said, except

Jul 27, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to I like when they go 0-21 ]

I don't claim any familial relationship with them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It's not genetic

Jul 27, 2018, 10:31 AM

it's a status thing! ;)

Aug 14, 2018, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina improvements ]

I'm with ya bud. Not many on here feel that way but I'd rather them be in the top 5 or 10 when we play them than not ranked.

Jul 27, 2018, 9:46 AM

Real improvements for usuck would be adding more chicken wire to prevent bottles from being thrown at our players, more scratch feeding stations and more doo doo ice vendors for their fans so they can eat more #hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 9:48 AM

Jul 27, 2018, 10:04 AM

NOPE. I like seeing them lose, lose and then lose. Do 'bamer fans wish auburn were better. Do mich. st. fans wish mich. was better, etc. Even If uscjr is playing n.dame, I will hold my nose and keep a retch bucket nearby and root for the Irish.

Our schedule speaks for itself, we don't need a ranked uscjr. When we drew rivals, we hit the jackpot.

Jul 27, 2018, 11:31 AM

Hahaha, good comparison! I've only rooted for ND once in my life, and that was against Bama in the Natty. That really went well...

Aug 14, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina improvements ]

I really think some of our fans care more about them losing than us winning. Why pull so hard for a team to lose?

Jul 27, 2018, 10:21 AM

Nope, absolutely nothing embarrassing about that 56-7 game. Well, unless you're a coot and then it's really embarrassing.

Jul 27, 2018, 10:21 AM

Are you serious? Do you have spurs, two wings, and a beak? The only thing I would encourage the coots to do is play chicken with a train or shut down that dumpster fire of a program

Re: to the OP

Jul 27, 2018, 11:09 AM

You've got a lot if courage to come on here and say that, but part of me AGREES with you.

I have told a dr friend (USC alum) that i want the Gamecocks to be 11-0 next time we beat them by 7 TDs--so we can destroy their greatest season ever. But they never will be 11-0.

I love the state of SC--even more, now that I'm forced to live in Ga--and believe your state's 'flagship' university should be one every citizen should be proud of. But you won't be, so long as it is that canker sore in Columbia. H*ck, even the grad school students are ashamed of the undergrads!!

In an objective historical sense, USC should be considered the big brother. But Clemson has so thoroughly dominated "big" brother that nobody even questions the roles anymore: 69-42, with what--35??--of their wins occurring in Columbia, because the state rivalry game couldn't be played in Clemson?

I would like us to be magnanimous in victory, but then the losers open their mouths and i lose that sense of magnanimity. Listening to Todd Ellis and Tommy Suggs while they lost to The Citadel was hilarious. And listening to last year's victory over Wofford was equally entertaining, because they still had their doubts midway through the 3rd quarter.

So i agree with you in one sense--some of the Greeks used to ask how much glory could be gained by defeating each foe, and if your foe is USC, the answer is "not much"--but they are so detestable at times that i don't care.

Jul 27, 2018, 10:37 AM

Negative

Jul 27, 2018, 10:47 AM

Coots gonna coot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP you have a good heart or you're a coot but def one or the

Jul 27, 2018, 11:03 AM

other. So therefore I will say let's not feel sorry for them one bit. Yes there are good ones out there and I'm thankful for that. I have one bro in law who is a coot while the other is a Clemson graduate. I love them both but I can't bring myself to pull for the coots vs. anyone.

Re: OP you have a good heart or you're a coot but def one or the

A good heart

and a big gold Clemson ring

if you sift through all the absolute fury in these comments my theme was that I'd like them to stay somewhat competitive AND WE KEEP WINNING

An example from history, Penn State stopped scheduling Pitt because Pitt became a joke. They were big instate rivals but stopped playing because it wasnt worth Penn States time. Since, Pitt developed rivalries with other crap holes like West Virginia, Louisville, I can't name any other teams cause Pitt is so irrelevant

South Carolina is OUR rival! And if we keep wishing bad luck on them they'll soon be the Citadel's rival, or maybe even Newberry's

DO YOU WANT THAT?!?! I didn't think so

I prefer them broken and destitute

Jul 27, 2018, 5:25 PM

with delusions of greatness and expectations of a better year "next year" which never comes.

Any day they get a W, an angel gets its wings....broken.

The only problem with that

Aug 13, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: OP you have a good heart or you're a coot but def one or the ]

is that in order to "stay somewhat competitive" they would have to actually win a game on their schedule. That is not something I can get behind.

Do you really think that Clemson wishing bad things on SCar means they'll actually happen? If that were true there are 9 games last season that would've had different outcomes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 5:35 PM

I just can’t wish anything good on them. I hope we get our sos from other teams because I hope they are 0-11 when they meet us to best them by 50

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 13, 2018, 9:12 AM

I have always said that the rivalry is much better when both teams are good. Sure, we all love to see the other fail but in the long run it makes our match up a lot better on a national perspective when we are both winning programs.

While you all loved our 3-9 season with the humiliating loss to the Citadel you have to agree that there is more satisfaction in beating a 9+ win team than a 3 win team.

Aug 13, 2018, 1:17 PM

I have always said that the rivalry is much better when both teams are good. Sure, we all love to see the other fail but in the long run it makes our match up a lot better on a national perspective when we are both winning programs.

While you all loved our 3-9 season with the humiliating loss to the Citadel you have to agree that there is more satisfaction in beating a 9+ win team than a 3 win team.

It wouldn’t be so bad if SCar fans could keep a decent season in perspective. But they’re just insufferably arrogant and delusional about a little success. Bentley was a first year player against Clemson yet epitomized this perfectly with his “...not that much better than us if at all...” comment after the 2016 beat down and a 7 win season against a pathetic SEC East division

Aug 13, 2018, 9:15 AM

You have lost your mind. "Embrace" the dirtpeckers?!? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

How about no.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Why won't this thread just go away?

Aug 13, 2018, 10:26 AM

Aug 13, 2018, 10:58 AM

It is nice of the poster to think positively about the rivalry in general, but having lived in GC territory for almost four decades I have totally different perspective! There is absolutely no way I am pulling for the chickens!! This is especially true after the last visit to WBS in 2017 when their fans showed their true nature on national television! I’ve been in WBS for the game in years past and was actually treated tolerably by GC fans, but I cannot see myself there again.

Living through the five losses of late was bad enough, but even the OBC recognized his time had passed and he departed before we paid his program back. I hope we continue doing so!

Dabo need not show any mercy this year in DV! Muscrap is feeling the heat and won’t like losing again, but his SEC schedule starting next year (BAMA) is really going to make matters tough all around.

Go Tigers!

Aug 13, 2018, 12:28 PM

I have to admit that last years game was an embarrassment. I have a Clemson friend that went to the game and was harassed by the people around her. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior and if I were there I would have let the people around her know about it. Drunk students are bad enough but the rest of the fan base should be above such nonsense. I know that there was a lot of frustration built up but that is no excuse for such behavior. This girl is as far from an in your face type of fan as it comes and didn't deserve to be disrespected like she was.

I have been to a lot of games at WB and have never witnessed this kind of behavior toward an opponents fans but I have never been to a Clemson game there so obviously that is a total different environment than I have seen personally.

Not all Gamecock fans are like the ones we witnessed that day. I think the Clemson game brings out the worst in some. Myself, I love football and the rivalry but by no means do I determine the character of a person by the team they pull for.

Sounds like typical gamecock fans to me, but I've only

Aug 13, 2018, 1:22 PM

been attending Clemson/usuck games for about 60 years (on & off), so I probably don't have a good perspective.

And speaking of embarrassing, do you think Muschump's stupid comments about the scandal at Maryland after the death of a player and usuck's HC's defense of DJ Durkin (HC at UMd) will affect recruiting at all?? Wonder how many parents and high school coaches will be anxious to send their kids to a program which lauds the kind of program Durkin was running.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina improvements ]

What did your friend claim happened?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULSH!T

Aug 13, 2018, 12:40 PM

Chump couldn't win at Florida with MUCH better recruits.

As far as their recruiting ? LOL

This is USuC
They aren't signed yet,they're always good for 4-5 Decootments a year

If they sign, it's not August yet. They always have non qualifiers

Lastly if the sign and qualify, they're always good for another 3-5 to be gone before their second year on Campus.

That's how it happens down there, AGAIN,if somehow they all sign, qualify and are not "cut", Chump couldn't coach better recruits at Florida.

I want them to get stuck in 6-7 win purgatory

Aug 13, 2018, 1:04 PM

under Muschamp where they never win anything but they can't actually fire him either because a .500+ record year in and year out is still better than all but a handful of coaches have ever achieved in the pathetic history of their program.

AMEN !!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aug 13, 2018, 1:08 PM

After them thinking that they had topped the mountain after a few good seasons,without actually winning anything that might have boosted their recruiting,6 win land is where I want them to dwell.

Aug 13, 2018, 1:17 PM

Nonsense.

One of the happiest periods of my life were the two years that they went 1-21.

^^^Troof^^^

Aug 14, 2018, 12:32 PM

You just wait until next year***

Aug 14, 2018, 6:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 7:54 PM

Their recruiting is on the upswing but that has as much to do with us as it does them.

We don't go head-to-head on many kids and didn't much in the older days. I remember Tommy West saying, "Either they're recruiting the wrong kids or we are." And even when we got Bowden and really started the deep digs into Florida, most of the talent was home-grown.

Typical newspaper and site coverage always seemed to list a handful of out-of-staters and then show who got what of the top 30 instate list. Raise your hand if you ever thought we could probably be at the top of the college football world even if we were banned from recruiting South Carolina at all.

The result of this is that SCar now has a pretty much free shot at some pretty good players who would have been a real battle in the past. Springing to mind recently are both their young receivers named Smith- Shi and Ortre (sp?) Lots of years in our history they'd have been takes all day but there was no room in the inn at WRU.

We are ceding to them enough good players for them to be respectable. This is not some Coach Boom recruiting miracle- It's us having moved on saying, "Help yourself- won't matter anyway."

Aug 14, 2018, 8:03 PM

Their 2019 class

QB that did good in a camp and became a 4 star
DE that has trended down ever since committing

2018 class
Someone who was said to be so lazy we didn't mind sending him to our rival that showed up so overweight after a few months off he isn't able to play.
QB we wanted to be a DB cause he couldn't throw that they've already given up on
Don't know anyone else

Aug 14, 2018, 8:07 PM

atkardo said:

My take, I think it's great. I think it's all the better for us. TBH it's a little embarrassing being 56-7 better than your rival, and most exciting 25 seconds in CFB to upside down cockroach better than them in facilities and tradition.

If you're honest, their 2019 class isn't bad (keeping those kids will be something to watch though), good for them. Them getting somewhat better could be good, but I'd also like someone to come in and help them with their culture cause it's pretty atrocious. This could be a very long journey for them because they really don't know what a good player looks like (i.e. they think Jake Bentley is an elite QB).

Really I don't think they'll ever have long term success (success over the course of 4+ seasons). But rooting for them to be a one or two loss team when we play them would boost our resume (and add some bragging rights).

I see some panic from some of our fans over the 3* nonsense. Really, relax. I don't see much of the gap being closed anyway. AND think of the 3*s (or below) that have become superstars Beasley, Jarret, Dodd, The king of South Carolina and everyone's dad Mr. Hunter Renfrow...so who's the next chip on their shoulder under the radar 3* baller that surprises everyone?? My bet is this Ruke Ororhororo (probably misspelled)

So, let's embrace little brother and encourage them some, it's been a rough several years for them (unless said gamecock is a huge women's basketball fan)

When you are as bad as USUC, everything you do is an improvement. At the rate they are going, they might be good enough for ESPN to put us on upset alert in about 20 more years.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:12 PM

They don't really need to improve. I have it from a very reliable source, that CLEMSON is not really any better than USUC, if at all. This is from someone close to their program, so it must be true.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic