Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dang we are effed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Dang we are effed

Nov 24, 2020, 6:17 AM

Economic Recovery and Climate change in particular although all 4 are really bad. Looks like monthly trillion dollar stimulus packages are going to be coming. Complete fantasy. Lets create 1 million manufacturing jobs by raising taxes and ensuring ease of unionization for everyone along with $15 minimum wage and no tip supported wages.

https://buildbackbetter.gov/priorities/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you really think he is going to get any of that done?

Nov 24, 2020, 8:44 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you really think he is going to get any of that done?

Nov 24, 2020, 9:12 AM

There will be an infrastructure bill. There will be some type of Covid stimulus bill. McConnell will give Biden just enough over the next two years to help any vulnerable GOP Senators in 2022 from being attacked as being total obstructionists. I'm good with it. Biden will be a transitional President, not a transformative one.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 12:26 PM

Yup.

Probably a healthy place to be. McConnell may or may not retain control of the Senate, depending on what happens down in Georgia, but regardless of that, Mitt Romney, Susan Collins, and on the other side, Joe Manchin are going to be the swing votes on just a whole lot a lot of stuff and none of them are go-crazy-let's-spend-stupid-money type folks so hopefully we won't get too far into the poorhouse. On the other hand, all of those folks are sensible enough we should be able to get the necessary stuff done.

Who knows? They might actually have to start wheeling and dealing and - shudder! - compromise on things for a minute. You know, the way Congress is actually supposed to work.

Straight obstructionism makes my teeth ache. But the last thing I personally want is the Dems storming into 2021 with the idea they've got a "mandate" and full control over Congress. I can't even imagine what the sticker shock over their spending would look like.

I would prefer if America wasn't insolvent in about three or four years, you know?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 7:06 PM

quozzel said:

Yup.

Probably a healthy place to be. McConnell may or may not retain control of the Senate, depending on what happens down in Georgia, but regardless of that, Mitt Romney, Susan Collins, and on the other side, Joe Manchin are going to be the swing votes on just a whole lot a lot of stuff and none of them are go-crazy-let's-spend-stupid-money type folks so hopefully we won't get too far into the poorhouse. On the other hand, all of those folks are sensible enough we should be able to get the necessary stuff done.

Who knows? They might actually have to start wheeling and dealing and - shudder! - compromise on things for a minute. You know, the way Congress is actually supposed to work.

Straight obstructionism makes my teeth ache. But the last thing I personally want is the Dems storming into 2021 with the idea they've got a "mandate" and full control over Congress. I can't even imagine what the sticker shock over their spending would look like.

I would prefer if America wasn't insolvent in about three or four years, you know?

Yes sir! Saw a piece recently with Trent Lott and Tom Daschle when they actually shared power when there was a 50/50 split in the Senate. Compromise is necessary in our essentially 50/50 country. We do need some things to be done, but tighten our belts too. Even if an agreement can’t be reached,the politicians need to stop the personal attacks whether the attacks are real or theater. Good answer Q!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 10:42 AM [ in reply to you really think he is going to get any of that done? ]

Source check?

Nov 24, 2020, 9:23 AM

spooneye®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Source check?

Nov 24, 2020, 10:23 AM

This is about that case with the affidavit that you were all wet over. How come court didn't find fraud?

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/judge-dismisses-trump-campaign-lawsuit-seeking-to-halt-georgia-election-certification

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 10:32 AM

Nov 24, 2020, 11:42 AM

Normally that would be a very odd thing. However, it makes sense in these cases, because Trump's attorneys aren't trying to win.

For instance: If the person who signed Rulez08's affidavit--a county poll manager--had wanted to address the fraud, she would have started at the county level--as you suggested. That's just how the process works. If it didn't get resolved there, she could bring a state lawsuit and seek an injunction or other relief against the board of elections. She or a political party could run that case all the way to the state supreme court. And she may have taken steps. The affidavit doesn't say.

So that's the allegations-of-fraud side of it. Short answer: It's a local and state issue, not an issue for federal court. The Court explained: "If every state election irregularity were considered a federal constitutional deprivation, federal courts would adjudicate every state election dispute."

So the federal case fails because it boils down to the plaintiff--who was suing as an ordinary voter--asking the court to stop the certification of votes and alter the vote-counting process. The claims are made under the First Amendment, Fourteenth Amendment (Equal Protection and Due Process), and the Electors and Elections Clauses under Article I.

This is a case you or I could have filed, and the question is whether we have the power use a federal court to redo statewide vote counts based on our submission of affidavits about irregularities in the process.

The (Trump-appointed) Judge carefully went through the multiple ways in which that lawsuit could not succeed. Individual voters like you and me lack standing to override an election process through a federal lawsuit, for one. In addition, the tallying process complained about was established in March, making the lawsuit untimely. The constitutional right to equal protection and due process are not implicated by the alleged facts, but lawsuit DOES threaten the constitutional rights of millions of Georgia voters, which outweigh any concern the plaintiff has about his own vote.

Link to the court documents:
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/18632787/wood-v-raffensperger/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Source check? ]

Don’t you find it the least bit odd that all of these cases are getting dismissed before even given a chance to present evidence and go through discovery and all that good court stuff?

Judges often toss out cases that already have specious or no evidence when presented. There generally needs to be a cause for a case. People don't get to just make up cases and demand a trial proceed forward in hopes something is found ala a fishing expedition.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 24, 2020, 12:22 PM

Your answer was shorter and more to the point. And I agree.

Also, the "loss" in the Georgia case was only the denial of the motion for a temporary restraining order (TRO), so it's worth noting that there is technically still a trial available if the plaintiff wants to stay the course. He won't though, because the court explained why all the evidence in the world won't change the outcome. The flaws in the lawsuit are more fundamental than the evidence.

No, this often happens in cases where people are

Nov 24, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Source check? ]

totally making stuff up and have no evidence.

I'm so scared. Hold me.***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:31 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang we are effed

Nov 24, 2020, 10:41 AM

if they want to reduce emissions, just stop buying crap from chiner joe

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic