Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sour Michigan fans... Butt hurt...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 4,404

Sour Michigan fans... Butt hurt...

Jul 22, 2015, 10:08 PM

This piece of fine reading will make your night. What did we ever do to Big Blue to deserve this:

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/xavier-kelly-set-announce-friday

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

they should be happy with us for being one of

Jul 22, 2015, 10:32 PM

The last teams to whoop up on Urban 'I own Big Blue' Meyer. Whiners trying to put us in the company of Auburn and Ole Miss. Sour Grapes......go make some more whine Big Blue

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Wow! That whole thread is accusing Clemson of having

Jul 22, 2015, 10:33 PM

bag men steal recruits. I've never seen that much uneducated hate from a fanbase outside of Columbia.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they even had pics of an ole miss recruit with money

Jul 23, 2015, 4:18 AM

can't argue with that. If an ole miss player will take money they surely Clemson paid Kelly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sour Michigan fans... Butt hurt...

Jul 22, 2015, 10:36 PM

Is this mostly what residents of Michigan think?

I can never take those accents seriously.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Jul 22, 2015, 10:40 PM

I like posts #22 and 23...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Jul 22, 2015, 10:45 PM

Hearsay from a bunch of strangers who have a conflict of interest in this particular thread.

You think we should look into it?

Jul 22, 2015, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Sour Michigan fans... Butt hurt... ]

As a still relatively new Michigan resident surrounded by Notre Dame and Big Blue fans, the peeps I know do not lump us in with the $EC schools. At least to my face, :) they seem to respect what is going on in the upstate of SC.

And I can say that they don't take southern accents seriously as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2015, 10:47 PM

Yeah, but it's common knowledge that people think our slow dialect makes us seem harmless, dumb, etc.

That type of condescension is only made worse when you hear it from people who can barely pronounce vowels.

Look's like a thread you'd see on an Alabama board.

Jul 22, 2015, 11:33 PM

Only difference is that Michigan has sucked for as long as I can remember.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michigan is 20-18 since these recruits started High School***

Jul 23, 2015, 4:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michigan thought they were going to get Sammy & Artavis?

Jul 23, 2015, 3:44 AM

When was this a possibility?

Re: Michigan thought they were going to get Sammy & Artavis?

Jul 23, 2015, 5:02 AM

Never and Next to Never .

DB23

Jul 23, 2015, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Michigan thought they were going to get Sammy & Artavis? ]

They were never a key player in Sammy's recruitment I don't think.

They were in Scott's top three and were at one point the crystal ball leader for him earlier on in his recruitment

All that to say... Nyah Nyah Go Tigers

Jul 23, 2015, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Michigan thought they were going to get Sammy & Artavis? ]

They were pushing hard for Artavis and his teammate George Campbell. I think Artavis was very interested at one point, and Campbell even committed to them. Scott's interest waned and he joined Clemson, Campbell decommitted and joined Florida State.

The funny thing is, they're absolutely baffled how Clemson is able to get these recruits over Michigan. There's two things they don't realize:

1. We've always recruited well. Clemson's always been able to pull in pretty good names, but our problem was always player development and team consistency. With Dabo, we've improved our consistency and hired coaches who have been able to develop players better than we have in the past. That's why we've had 4 first round draft picks in the past 3 years.

2. Possibly more importantly: we're a better name than Michigan right now. As someone mentioned above, since these 2016 recruits have been in high school, Michigan has gone 20-18. In that time Clemson is 32-7 with and Orange Bowl win over Ohio State and bowl wins over LSU and Oklahoma. Over the past 6 seasons, Clemson is 58-22 (72.5% win) and Michigan is 44-32 (57.9% win). Michigan has only gone to 4 bowls in that stretch, and they're 1-4 (won the Sugar Bowl against VTech--a solid win). Clemson is 4-2 in bowls over the past 6 years with the aforementioned "big name" wins.

Landing Harbaugh in the offseason is a big win for Michigan. I hope they'll be successful and think they will be. He's a heck of a coach and he's not going to have a difficult time turning around a program with the resources & history of Michigan. That said, they're still in our rear-view mirror, for now.

Clemson, im sure had a "bag man"

Jul 23, 2015, 6:14 AM

At some point but i don't think that's the case in recent years. We are just playing at a high level right now, we have a beautiful campus, lots of great additions currently being added and we have been consistent on sending players to the NFL. Its really not hard to see why so many top recruits are attracted to Clemson, at least a few of the Michigan fans in that post see that. It seems everyone wants to use that excuse when recruits don't pick their school. Imo, the schools guilty of having a bag man are auburn and several other SEC schools

Keep calling your recruits "cheaters" UM - well played.....

Jul 23, 2015, 6:49 AM

If you love a big campus that is very GRAY then you'll love Ann Arbor.

Note to the Michigan douchebags: Ain't no bagmen down in Clemson: it's just a lot nicer place to go to college. Yeah it's that simple UM buffoons. You're old news.

Re: Keep calling your recruits "cheaters" UM - well played.....

Jul 23, 2015, 9:55 AM

It'd be naive to think we don't have a couple floating around just like any other major college football program. I don't believe they've been active since Clowney's recruitment, though.

Re: Keep calling your recruits "cheaters" UM - well played.....

Jul 23, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Keep calling your recruits "cheaters" UM - well played..... ]

Every major school has some form of "bagman" running around in some form or another. The difference with the real bad programs is that the bagmen have a connection to the university (see: Ohio State & Miami).

Jul 23, 2015, 7:19 AM

"The nature boy"

Who is We #### boy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The only real take-away from that thread is this:

Jul 23, 2015, 8:37 AM

Clemson is driving a blue blood program like Michigan absolutely crazy.

Everything actually written is pure sour grapes and typical fan whining. We all do it...us included. But going on and on like they did...wow...they are tired of us constantly winning the recruiting wars. HOPEFULLY their coaching staff has the same approach: "Waa waa weather waa waa bag men." If that's the case, they'll continue to get smaller and smaller in our rear-view mirror.

null

Wow. That was like reading a thread on fgf.

Jul 23, 2015, 9:06 AM

Full of tinfoil hat conspiracy theories and hypothetical rubbish.

I never realized how cootish some UM fans are.

I'm embarrassed FOR them.

Re: Wow. That was like reading a thread on fgf.

Jul 23, 2015, 10:43 AM

Egg Zachary.

I read your post last night and went to the site. I made a

Jul 23, 2015, 9:39 AM

respectful defense of Clemson too. My post lasted , well....I posted it about 11 o'clock last night and it was gone this morning.......That was very FGFish.......

Haha! Yep. UM fans are indeed cootish in that regard.

Jul 23, 2015, 9:52 AM

I saw your post....GREAT job!

It's still there. Post #88

Jul 23, 2015, 9:54 AM [ in reply to I read your post last night and went to the site. I made a ]

Posters there comparing us to Auburn and Ole Miss.

Origianlly it was post #80. Don't know why the took it out

Jul 23, 2015, 12:38 PM

put it back in...

When your once-proud ship is sinking...

Jul 23, 2015, 9:59 AM

...any trash can lid looks like a life preserver. You grab it and hang on tight.

Sad truth is they are the Edmund Fitgerald of college football, a once-gleaming steamer now breaking apart in the frigid Great Lakes.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's probably our proximity to Appalachian State...***

Jul 23, 2015, 10:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 4,404
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic