Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Kirk Herbstreit talks highly of Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

FB Update: Kirk Herbstreit talks highly of Deshaun Watson

Oct 11, 2014, 9:52 AM

Kirk Herbstreit talks highly of Deshaun Watson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds great hearing a talking head say it,

Oct 11, 2014, 10:02 AM

But as Tiger fans we already knew that. The publicity is great and I've always liked Kirk.

Re: Sounds great hearing a talking head say it,

Oct 11, 2014, 10:03 AM

Best part is that he said it really quickly and not prompted to in the slightest. He seemed really convinced of what he was saying.

Oct 11, 2014, 10:11 AM

Who wouldn't be convinced of what he's saying? By all accounts, DW seems like an outstanding young man and is obviously a baller on the field.

Oct 11, 2014, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Sounds great hearing a talking head say it, ]

Half this #### board was on the "cole gives us the best chance to win" bandwagon. I got chastised on this board over the fact that Deshaun is the best player in football right now. He starts against those teams from Athens and tally and we have a date with auburn in the natty. So no, Tiger fans did not already know this, even though everyone is now going to claim they knew how good he was going to be. Sad that we wasted our best defense in decades on Stoudt and Howard. I still think we have a shot at the playoffs and Watson is going to win the Heisman if he stays healthy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2014, 10:38 AM

We were doomed to lose to the Dawgs , our 2nd half offense was terrible. It wasn't Cole's fault , it was a mix of the Dawg defensive adjustment and our inability to mount a running game.
FSU might have been a win , but Deshaun played the largest part of it and we lost , it happens.
Stoudt was given the chance because of his system comprehension and his ability to operate the Morris offensive intricacies. I firmly believe that DWat was not quite ready to go at the beginning , and needed to see things full speed against opposing defenses a time or two to be a little more aware of his job specs...just my opinion.
We can all thank Chad Morris , who basically locked Watson onto Clemson right after he arrived here , and we can thank Cole Staoudt for being such a great teammate , mentor and friend to this phenom of a freshman that we are now seeing on the field at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 11, 2014, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Sounds great hearing a talking head say it, ]

Don't play the coulda, woulda, shoulda game my friend, you gotta live in the now. The time that college football players stay around is so short, and by the looks of it, DW is special. I hope we win a NC more than anyone but you've got to enjoy the ride and appreciate the possibly that the best QB in college football will be representing Clemson for the next three years. Not to mention, he's just downright fun to watch.

Oct 11, 2014, 11:28 AM

Agreed, brother. Just shocked it took this long to get him playing time. Maybe it was the collarbone setback that caused dabo and chad concern.

Oct 11, 2014, 11:38 AM

I never saw it as who was playing starter was because he was the better QB , but because he understood the gameplan and defensive philosophies used against us just a little better.
Cole is a great kid , and having him there on the sideline is a luxury and I know that Deshaun Watson appreciates him. I appreciate him , and I think everyone should be appreciating Cole's contributions.
Watson recieved enough time backing up Cole through the first few games that he seamlessly transited into the starters role where his amazing physical ability and mental toughness are becoming legendary ...and he hasn't even yet begun to fight ! GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

hey coach

Oct 11, 2014, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Sounds great hearing a talking head say it, ]

Sorry we let you down

if only you told the rest of our coaches this, you could've saved the season. why didn't you tell the rest of us sooner?

Nice attempt to veer this thread from DW to you ...

Oct 11, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Sounds great hearing a talking head say it, ]

Thankfully DW isn't nearly as obsessed at garnering attention...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice attempt to veer this thread from DW to you ...

Oct 11, 2014, 11:25 AM

Great response, Rev. You're right I'm all about me.

2 weeks ago y'all were all about Cole Stoudt. Now you're all OBVIOUSLY DW fans. Just calling y'all on it.

Here's the full comment

Oct 11, 2014, 10:03 AM

"Future face of the sport. He's going to be the ambassador for the next two years, maybe three years, for college football. Don't sign anything."

That is high praise, indeed. Plus, I think Deshaun is smart enough to know better regarding autographs.. For sure, Dabo has warned all of the players about receiving money for anything.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: FB Update: Kirk Herbstreit talks highly of Deshaun Watson

Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM

It wasn't the collarbone that set DW back, it was our staff allowing a senior to be the face of the program because he has "waited his turn". Our D played subpar because we had no team leader. Cole wasn't the team leader because the entire team could not trust him to win for us. Since DW has taken over as starter his level of play has been the leader on this team, igniting the offense as well as the defense. Had DW been the starter from the UGA game we'd be sitting pretty in the playoffs with a team clicking better than any we've seen in the history of our program. The remainder of our ACC schedule nor a visit from the coots would have stood in the way of a very possible NC. We're capable of beating any team in college football right now

Oct 11, 2014, 1:49 PM

Don't make me think these things any more than I already do.

Oct 11, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kirk Herbstreit talks highly of Deshaun Watson ]

Bullcrap. Our main issue is the lack of a consistent running game as well as sub-par offensive line play. That had nothing to do with Stoudt.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic