Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN analyst: Bryant 'will be better' than Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN analyst: Bryant 'will be better' than Watson

Sep 19, 2017, 4:44 PM

ESPN analyst: Bryant 'will be better' than Watson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds great and all but..

Sep 19, 2017, 5:29 PM

I would prefer Bryant and this team to stay underrated and under appreciated. I'm loving this "chip on our shoulder" mentality that our team has right now.

Re: Sounds great and all but..

Sep 19, 2017, 5:33 PM

Everything said about his running is correct. Whether is accuracy and game mental ability gets us to where Watson did . .time will tell.

Sep 19, 2017, 5:49 PM

DW4 had an iron clad will to win and put the weight of success on his shoulders and was not afraid of big moments.Similarly, KB hasn't shied away from the task at hand. The difference between the 2 is turnovers(and of course it's a small sample size for KB)-DW4 seemed to take more risks with the ball because of his confidence and most of the time it worked out. Kelly has been very cautious and that works well for this ultra talented offense as he spreads the ball around and runs with authority and limits risky plays(or Elliott/Scott do).

Sep 19, 2017, 6:11 PM

KB's mental compasity, With all the hype leading up the L ville game at their place after losing to us 3 straight and wanting some get back as bad as any team in college FB, I don't think that the mental breakdown could have been any stronger except maybe playing for the NC. Kelly handled that pressure with ease. Like I said during the game, Kelly Bryant grew up in that game, and I personally believe he will be fine through the rest of the season and, I believe that we have just as good of a chance of making back to the NC game as much or more than we did last season. That is the beleif that I got from this last game, and KB will be ready if we have that chance again this season. A season is never a given to bigger and better things, but with KB, it is possible that we could get that chance of being a 3 peat with two different QB's!!! Go Tigers, Goooo KB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree need a mix of confidence but not overly confident.

Sep 19, 2017, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Sounds great and all but.. ]

I could see his countenance change a little vs Louisville. I think he will bc he's a Clemson guy but hope he stays grounded and hungry.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Sounds great and all but.. ]

Time will tellet, but no need to rush into making huge projections. Right now I am just enjoying the ride.

Kelly definitely can be

Sep 19, 2017, 6:26 PM

As long as he keeps it all at ground level. Just remember that hes as good as his last game. And he'll be legendary.
GO TIGER'S!!!!

Re: Kelly definitely can be

Sep 19, 2017, 6:47 PM

I agree, KB has been great so far. My only concern is with the talent coming in (TL) and the talent on the bench (HJ, etc.), someone is going to transfer. I guess its a great problem to have but worries a little.

Sep 19, 2017, 8:25 PM

I absolutely agree with that statement! But Dabo gas done a great job at keeping them in the line up, but yes , we're i a great position. Just 6 years ago we were losing to west Virginia. Dado kept his promises.
GO TIGER'S!!!!

Sep 20, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly definitely can be ]

Oh yeah 2 qbs and 2 receivers min will transfer over the next two years... fairly certain on that.

This team feeds off each other !!!

Sep 19, 2017, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Kelly definitely can be ]

Solid group of players -- great leaders -- compliment each others skill set -- it's going to be a fun year to watch Kelly & the others grow / mature, into championship caliper young men !!!!

This is why Matich usually is an idiot.

Sep 19, 2017, 8:18 PM

You have to let a whole body of work play out over the course of a season before you can make that proclamation.

I've often wondered if Matich knows a darn thing about football (despite the fact he played the game).

The true test for KB will be FSU. The Noles only gave up 260 yards of offense to Bama and looked as fast as ever. VT on the road will be a good test as well. Just my personal opinion, but Louisville doesn't stack up to those two or Auburn.

Time will tell and for once I hope Matich is right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: This is why Matich usually is an idiot.

Sep 20, 2017, 8:33 AM

I agree with you entirely. I am hopeful, based on recent success, but we have some serious competition yet to be confronted.

Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst: Bryant 'will be better' than Watson

Sep 19, 2017, 8:25 PM

I remember KB's freshman year everyone said he was "just like " DW 4. After the Loserville game I said that we may actually be better because he doesn't have the gun slinger mentality DW4 had and it has, so far, resulted in fewer turnovers. With the talent around him, especially our ability to run the ball with Feaster and Etienne, we should be able to keep him in this low risk environment. Being safe and explosive at the same time is an unusual combination that we are enjoying right now. Don't worry about the chip in our shoulder. The media will keep bama at #1 and Dabo is the GOAT at keeping that chip on our shoulder. All in all, it's a great time to be a TIGER!!

Marich says Watson is gracious and correct.

Sep 20, 2017, 8:33 AM

DW4 certainly has the right to tweet KB will be better than him. Match is correct to agree with Watson. KB is showing nearly all the hallmarks of a great QB. He appears to also possess that mental toughness Watson had, but hasn't really been tested when faced with adversity. I don't doubt he'll shine there too.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marich says Watson is gracious and correct.

Sep 20, 2017, 11:38 AM

KB did face some adversity against Awww-Burn. Remember, he went down and then came right back with a beautiful td drive at the end of the half. And then followed up with another to open the second half. The Trucculent-Birdies were dead after that. :)

We missed out on the Heisman trophy last yr

Sep 20, 2017, 8:36 AM

b/c KB2 didn't start

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic