Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,982

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts

Dec 13, 2012, 10:17 AM

Thursday Thoughts

Thursday Thoughts
The flu sucks. I have had flu like symptoms since Sunday, haven't worked on the radio show since Monday and haven't blogged in two days.

Because I am feeling a little better this morning and because I am bored to tears, I am going to write this blog today. It might no

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts

Dec 13, 2012, 10:31 AM

Just have to wonder if all this head coach job chasing by Morris caused switch by WR commit to Gators!

Dec 13, 2012, 10:35 AM

I dont think that was as big a factor as our losing fairly one sidedly to the only two good teams we played. Weak ACC and not big wins hurt our perception w certain recruits

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't want to RS next year.

Dec 13, 2012, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

At Florida he'll go in as their best incoming WR, at CU NO WR will come in next year and not RS. Conference whiners can whine all they want, just look at the Depth chart. We'll be lucky to sign 2 WR's this year, but that's really all that's needed. 2 to Redshirt for the future.

Dec 13, 2012, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

Go read what the young man said... Florida just hired Joker Phillips as the wide receivers coach... Joker might have not been a good head coach but the man can coach and is well liked by the people who meet him.
I do not think the decision had anything to do with Chad Morris.

My thoughts on Morris

Dec 13, 2012, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

I realize that all coaches have some egotism or they wouldn't be in such a crazy business, but I've also seen many good coordinators take a head coaching position and fall flat on their face. My feeling is that Morris would not make it 3 years as a head coach at a D-1 school with a historically good football program. His offense when we play a good team or have some adversity shows that he is NOT READY. He needs to perfect his craft in his current job before he tries to take on more responsibility for things he's never faced. I wish him the best, both at Clemson and when he leaves, but he is not making very good career decisions right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be only upset if our coordinators were not trying to

Dec 13, 2012, 10:59 AM

Get head coaching jobs. I would hold back a mustang than push a mule.

Sorry, but I DON'T understand

Dec 13, 2012, 11:21 AM

How can anyone be upset with Morris for interviewing? Do you want your kid to become all he can be? Would YOU turn down an opportunity to be one of only 120 leaders in your favorite field? Is there ANYBODY that would instruct your employees to not interview if a better opportunity presents itself? If so, you're a bum. I have a key employee right now, well-respected in our industry, being hit on every week. Good for him. When they call me to ask for permission to speak to him, I say go for it. I want him to succeed. And the one thing you people aren't getting is this.... I have a back up plan!!!! If he bolts, I've already identified several people who would be EVEN BETTER than he. If you think Dabo doesn't have a backup plan, then you know nothing about business and are completely unqualified to comment on this situation. Get over it. It's life. (or maybe just tell your kids that one day, when a better opportunity presents itself, to think more about their current employer's needs than about his family's future.) Makes about as much sense as you getting upset over this.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I don't think I've heard it explained any better than your

Dec 13, 2012, 12:07 PM

Post.

Well said!!!!

Dec 13, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but I DON'T understand ]

He's done wonders for this program. Pulling for him to be a head coach one day....just hoping we don' have to go up against him any time soon.

Re: Sorry, but I DON'T understand

Dec 13, 2012, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but I DON'T understand ]

In any professional world there is a time and place, that its seems has gone to the way side. A lot of this spill over is Dabo's lack of acknowledgement on certain situations, ex this is a distraction. I agree he owes us nothing and thats ok, but as a coach dont blame fans ever for anything because we love this place no matter what money is involved. All they do is ask for more money and no opinions. We are to give money on blind faith and are called stupid when we ask for loyalty ourselves. Bottom line we could have gotten Chad for less money and didnt, that is a bad move.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could you possibly know

Dec 14, 2012, 1:02 AM

that??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2012, 11:27 AM

I understand Morris' desire to be a head coach and think he will be a good one eventually but at least follow through with this current group before chasing that dream-they deserve his commitment to them as well as vice versa!
Furthermore,recruits build relationships with coaches and often commit to a school based on the opportunity to be a part of a certain coach's system-how can any of our recruits trust Morris to be there and even if we were to hire a terrific replacement the uncertainty and instability has got to adversely affect recruiting!

The right opportunities only present themselves ever so

Dec 13, 2012, 12:10 PM

Often and when they do your better jump at them. His number 1 commitment is to his family and not Clemson.

Dec 13, 2012, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

Any coaching staff without some instability this time of year are probably lousy or overpaid or both!

If the HC does not recognize the lousy ones and get them out... he likely will be out soon!

Follow through with which group?

Dec 13, 2012, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Thoughts ]

The rising senior class? What about the rising junior class? That is the class he came in with, so Chad should have to stay at least two more years. But, he was also the main recruiter for Chad Kelly, who has four years of eligibility remaining. Morris owes it to Kelly to be here that long, right. Dabo should take Morris off the recruiting trail right now, so that Chad will be allowed to go after a head coaching job in five years. Unbelievable.

Right now, Dabo is the stability in our program. Not Morris. Not Venables.

Dec 13, 2012, 2:41 PM

I agree, morris was more than ready to leave Clemson and our bowl game High and dry. chad hurt us as much as he's going to help and I also agree that he is a trigger waiting to be pulled, and Bam!!! he's gone in a mim. I don't care about recruits that other schools need to keep-up with, leave coaches where they are now untile their season is over!!!

Dec 13, 2012, 2:42 PM

I agree, morris was more than ready to leave Clemson and our bowl game High and dry. chad hurt us as much as he's going to help and I also agree that he is a trigger waiting to be pulled, and Bam!!! he's gone in a min. I don't care about recruits that other schools need to keep-up with, leave coaches where they are now untile their season is over!!!

You're an idiot***

Dec 13, 2012, 4:25 PM

^^^What he said^^^***

Dec 13, 2012, 8:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

centurytiger®

Dec 13, 2012, 5:20 PM

There is some merit in "bettering" yourself by accepting a job that doubles your salary. But when you make $1.3 million, how much more money do you need?

I think the thing that might lure Morris away would be a HC position that was close to equal to coaching at CU and living in Clemson. I say close to equal, because thare is no place equal to Clemson.

He can wait as long as he wants to and pick where he wants to coach, of course if that place wants him.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,982
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic