Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So..out of all the last 75 yrs of many Coot FB COACHES, which one would be a DaBO equal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

So..out of all the last 75 yrs of many Coot FB COACHES, which one would be a DaBO equal

Feb 25, 2019, 10:43 AM

in character, personality, wins and/or seeing that his Boys got ahead in life after football?

Going to take a long deep nap & wait for your possible answer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sparky Woods except for the wins of course.***

Feb 25, 2019, 10:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sparky Woods except for the wins of course.***

Feb 25, 2019, 1:49 PM

This was my first thought as well.

As for Sparky's coaching, he did well enough at App State, I dont understand what he ran into that was so unique at USC - but he didnt win. His personality, however, seemed to be one of a really decent guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sparky Woods except for the wins of course.***

Feb 25, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Sparky Woods except for the wins of course.*** ]

I agree. He seemed like a good human being. I liked him because the Coots hated him so bad.

Is this a "trick question", LB?***

Feb 25, 2019, 10:49 AM

I'm not sure there's EVER been a Dabo equal in those

Feb 25, 2019, 10:52 AM

categories from any college football team, much less the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'm not sure there's EVER been a Dabo equal in those

Feb 25, 2019, 10:56 AM

GWP gets the steak knives Bill. Was fixing to post the exact thing but will +10000 to GWP!!!!

Here’s to winning our fourth natty this year.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So..out of all the last 75 yrs of Coot FB coaches, which one would be a DaBO equal

Feb 25, 2019, 10:58 AM

Not even close. NONE!!!!!

Re: So..out of all the last 75 yrs of Coot FB coaches, which one would be a DaBO equal

Feb 25, 2019, 11:01 AM

Obviously, it is Muschamp, the current U of SCAR football coach. Except that he does not have the character, ability, honor, work ethic, wins, knowledge, savvy, street or business smarts as Dabo. Other than the lack of the aforementioned characteristics, they are exactly alike!

Take away winning and it's Brad Scott

Feb 25, 2019, 11:01 AM

Easy answer.

And they hate him - not because he lost games but because he had the nerve to come coach and recruit for us after they FIRED HIM!

Guess what, cooties? When you fire someone you pretty much give up the right to even have an opinion about what happens next.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe Morrison was

Feb 25, 2019, 11:04 AM

The most Danny Ford-ish. He and Danny put some wicked defenses on the field. Morrison was their opportunity to become relevant. Whether he'd have stayed, we'll never know, but had them on a path they'd never even seen on a map, much less lived.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Morrison was

Feb 25, 2019, 11:46 AM

Morrison’s death prevented major infractions at Scar. The steroid scandal was bigger than ever got exposed. Since the coach, the person responsible died, the NCAA backed off. He may have had them winning more but he had NO other attribute of Coach Swinney’s

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I didn't compare

Feb 25, 2019, 2:18 PM

Joe Morrison to Dabo...didn't even hint. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take away winning and it's Brad Scott

Feb 25, 2019, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Take away winning and it's Brad Scott ]

Might I say the same goes for you too Bama. You fired Dabo, so no second chances for you.

^^ You TigerBand1 are viciously correct..

Feb 25, 2019, 1:33 PM

so may I ask if you played a heavy Tuba in the band.

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Take away winning and it's Brad Scott ]

You are right on that.

The ironic item is that he is still in the top 1/3 of all-time SC coaches. He was also the first SC coach to win something (aka a bowl game). Being 23-32 at cooteramma makes you successful.

Feb 26, 2019, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Take away winning and it's Brad Scott ]

Brad gets points in the bonus round for raising Jeff to know that "you don't mess with happy."

Feb 25, 2019, 1:37 PM

hm...comparing Conference Championships won (while at SCar)...National Championships won (while at SCar), Coach of the Year Awards won...

I'd have to say None.

Feb 25, 2019, 7:08 PM

I'm still shaking my head thinking about comparing any Uof5C coach with Dabo. I'll get back to you later.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Dabo EQUAL?? What are you smoking? They haven't had

Feb 26, 2019, 5:19 AM

a coach who could be considered to be on the same planet with Dabo!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sleep on LBB ... there is no one ....

Feb 26, 2019, 7:30 AM

.... remotely equal to Dabo!! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic