Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In hind sight, Mark Richt made the right decision to leave
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

In hind sight, Mark Richt made the right decision to leave

Jul 25, 2018, 9:56 AM

UGA for Miami. While it put UGA in a bad spot, with Smart as the only option available, it's clear he had the vision to know that UGA didn't have what it took to win a NC. And after watching last season, I have to agree with him. Expect big things from him now that he has the resources he needs to win at Miami, and the ACC brand behind him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

#Soon enough***

Jul 25, 2018, 9:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: #Soon enough***

Jul 25, 2018, 10:23 AM

I don’t think he had much of a say in the matter of leaving UGA. Not like he said I no longer wanna coach here sorry guys, didn’t happen like that at all. He was getting canned he didn’t have a choice of staying at Uga. So he didn’t make that decision it was made for him, now going to Miami was a good chose for him, he did have a say so In that one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Richt did not quit Georgia for Miami

Jul 25, 2018, 10:46 AM

Richt read the writing on the wall and knew he was a goner at Georgia.

That said, being at Miami, Richt's alma mater, in South Florida, where the history is better, and where the view is better is clearly a better place for Mark Richt than Georgia had become. It is not a close call to say Miami has had more players, been a stronger program and had more success in my lifetime than Georgia. Miami is a better school, in a better place to live than Athens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention, where would you rather work...

Jul 25, 2018, 10:01 AM

At this UGAy dump:

Or in this paradise:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: In hind sight, Mark Richt made the right decision to leave

Jul 25, 2018, 10:03 AM

He got fired from UGA...going to Miami was a good move for many reasons.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure that was UGA's spin on it...

Jul 25, 2018, 10:04 AM

but he clearly was already in talks with Miami.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jul 25, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: In hind sight, Mark Richt made the right decision to leave ]

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jul 25, 2018, 10:07 AM

richt was wearing out his welcome in athens. the move to his alma mater worked out perfect. dont think he would have left otherwise.

Jul 25, 2018, 10:09 AM

He didn’t have a choice

He looks happier than he ever was in Athens.

Jul 25, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: In hind sight, Mark Richt made the right decision to leave ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

That photo was taken 2 days prior to his "firing" at UGA.

Jul 25, 2018, 10:12 AM

Most UGA fans won't tell you that.

He's holding in his hands the number of combined

Jul 25, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to He looks happier than he ever was in Athens. ]

Natty's UGA has won under himself and Kirby!

Jul 25, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: In hind sight, Mark Richt made the right decision to leave ]

Funny clemson prob had to more to do with the Dawgs

Jul 25, 2018, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: In hind sight, Mark Richt made the right decision to leave ]

Looking beyond Richt and Miami looking at him than anything else

Richt prioritizing Brice Ramsey losing Deshaun to Clemson was a big deal possibly a nail in the coffin; then our whoopin on Miami opened the spot for him.

Clemson closed one door and opened another for Richt, he should say thank you

Re: In hind sight, Mark Richt made the right decision to leave***

Jul 25, 2018, 10:16 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 10:17 AM

Completely agree.

Mark Richt new that Miami was a sleeping giant that just needed a little bit of direction to get back on track. Being a Miami Alum, back-yard recruiting in South Florida, and a member of the ACC made it a no-brainer.

On the other hand, UGA has an embarrassingly irrational fan-base, they play in the downtrodden SEC East, and they're shut out of SEC Championships until Nick Saban retires (unless of course 'Bama doesn't win the SEC West).

It's going to be interesting to see if UGA can beat the chickens this year. If South Carolina beats UGA, the leg-humpers are in for a rough season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 10:22 AM

I don’t think he had much of a say in the matter of leaving UGA. Not like he said I no longer wanna coach here sorry guys, didn’t happen like that at all. He was getting canned he didn’t have a choice of staying at Uga. So he didn’t make that decision it was made for him, now going to Miami was a good chose for him, he did have a say so In that one.

Re: i feel like the humor in this thread is so subtle that I'm waiting for the punch line

Jul 25, 2018, 11:59 AM

OR that I'm in the FGF alternate universe.

I mean, i know GA will never again win the SEC Championship--except they did this past season.

And I'm glad for anyone who gets to hire their next employer before they actually terminate their current one, but to do it after guaranteeing your own buyout? That's some real talented deal-breaking going on right there. Not really what Richt is known for, but maybe we've never really known him at all.

Re: i feel like the humor in this thread is so subtle that I'm waiting for the punch line

Jul 25, 2018, 12:34 PM

Any subtle humor you sense is probably meant to imply it's time to pump-the-breaks on KS's "magical" season at UGA.

One season does not make a trend. Personally I think KS is a bit of a fraud and not the second coming of Nick Saban. Mark Richt has similar success early on at UGA, so we've seen it before.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: punch line

Jul 25, 2018, 2:57 PM

Ah, thank you.

I live in GA, so 'pumping the brakes on Kirby's magical season' is the last thing on anybody's mind around here.

I personally thought the wheels had come off at Auburn at 40-17, but then Auburn lost their teeth while winning the meaningless Iron Bowl, so the Dawgs were able to get some payback in the SECCG and bring the Tide into the CFP with them.

At least, that's the local narrative, but i think the Tide was destined for the CFP regardless of who won the SECCG, based on Wisconsin's loss.

Anyway, you cannot convince a Dawg fan to look at an upcoming season with anything other than unbridled enthusiasm, and i can't really blame them. They have lots of good players who have yet to prove themselves in games, but they get plenty of chances to beat inferior opponents before playing Auburn. If they need to tap the brakes, it will be the team's performance that makes that happen, not unsubstantiated rumors about Kirby on the recruiting trail.

Re: punch line

Jul 25, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: i feel like the humor in this thread is so subtle that I'm waiting for the punch line ]

Ah, thank you.

I live in GA, so 'pumping the brakes on Kirby's magical season' is the last thing on anybody's mind around here.

I personally thought the wheels had come off at Auburn at 40-17, but then Auburn lost their teeth while winning the meaningless Iron Bowl, so the Dawgs were able to get some payback in the SECCG and bring the Tide into the CFP with them.

At least, that's the local narrative, but i think the Tide was destined for the CFP regardless of who won the SECCG, based on Wisconsin's loss.

Anyway, you cannot convince a Dawg fan to look at an upcoming season with anything other than unbridled enthusiasm, and i can't really blame them. They have lots of good players who have yet to prove themselves in games, but they get plenty of chances to beat inferior opponents before playing Auburn. If they need to tap the brakes, it will be the team's performance that makes that happen, not unsubstantiated rumors about Kirby on the recruiting trail.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic