Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sometimes, ya just get tired of hearing it constantly.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,897

Sometimes, ya just get tired of hearing it constantly.....

Jun 11, 2018, 5:52 PM

the SEC succubi are as unimaginative in their defense of bad seasons and poor teams as the 4 year old they mimic in their incessant bragging on their stupid conference. Gene Sapakoff, in the article Charleston Post&Courier article linked, doesn't write one untrue word. But like the boring,repetitive SEC sycophant he is, he cherry picks data to back up his monotonous and "not always true" point. No one is arguing the ACC wasn't the competitive beast in baseball this season it normally is....and frequently the equal of or better than the SEC. And the SEC was probably the stronger of the two conferences this particular season.

Regardless, one of the facts he neglects to mention in his article concerns Clemson beating usuck for the 3rd or 4th consecutive year during the regular season. It doesn't fit the braggadocio formula.

Sorry, sometimes the incessant SEC crowing gets to be too much for this old brain.

https://www.postandcourier.com/columnists/sapakoff-misleading-rpi-helps-explain-south-carolina-baseball-surge-clemson/article_caf78482-6b40-11e8-84d8-3fe434c31c04.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sometimes, ya just get tired of hearing it constantly.....

Jun 11, 2018, 6:03 PM

So with this logic why play in Omaha, just name the SEC Champion the World Series Champion. After all they play such a tough schedule all the time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 9:49 PM

The Post and Courier has taken a real nosedive in truthful reporting. I have read this newspaper since the 60's and they were a truly respectable news organization. Now, they are not. Extreme left liberal
ideals. Many of their editorial letters are from left leaning race baiters who constantly throw stones at whites and play the race card for blacks. They castrate anything conservative and their editorial cartoons are a one way street towards anything liberal.The sports section is a coot propaganda machine. David Cloninger is their head cheerleader writer and Sapakoff is a big time SEC homer. The most biased sports section in America. Really bad. I won't be a subscriber much longer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 9:45 PM

Yeah I get tired of it too tj76 but when I take off my ocg ‘s I realize what he’s saying is true. Vandy had a bad overall win loss record compared to us but you could look at their numbers and tell they were the better team than what we had. Our rpi was way overrated given our performance against top teams.

Like it or not we’ve feasted the last three years on weak mid major mid week games and the lower level of the acc to bulk up our record. Still, 40 + wins is an impressive feat and should be recognized as an accomplishment.

Hey, it pains me to believe it is true but when I’m honest with myself, we’re getting out recruited and out played by the sec., I’m an old fella and I pray that we’ll flip that realization before I leave this earth. We’ve done it in football and soccer. Pretty even in basketball, but now it’s time to flip that ###### in all the other sports.

Message was edited by: kerigantoo®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 10:04 PM

Sorry, but the outcomes of 2 games against Vandy does not prove that they have a better team, a better program, or play in a better conference. It's baseball. In MLB (similar to the NCAA play-offs, as most teams are very talented), winning 65% of a team's games is phenomenal.
If CU got some breaks in the first Vandy game, (and there were plenty of opportunities that CU missed), then Vandy is playing from the loser's bracket, and then they would have run out of starting pitching. Entirely different regional then.
I think Monte made (at least) 3 mistakes this year: letting the huge lead get away to Miami, and not starting our best pitching against UGa, twice.
But, he made many great decisions this year!
So, don't let the results of a few games, and the constant ESECPN worship of the SEC make a distinction that shouldn't be there.

Jun 11, 2018, 11:22 PM

I’m not basing this off his article or the two games against vandy this year. Perhaps had we won the outcome would have been different. Hard to say. I was speaking from personal research, recruiting stats and over the last three years.

I could really careless what this article writers bias is but if you look at the overall body of success that the sec had had in all sports, it’s no denying the conference is superior year end and year out in most sports. You can cite examples where that’s not true because so and so beat another team etc.

I would love to see the acc step up its game in all sports, less basketball and become the dominant conference to where others were gauged against us, not the sec.

History shows us it was the big 10 in the 40 and 50’s, then the West Coast in the 60’s and mid 70’s and it’s pretty much been the south ever since... less swimming and gymnastics etc of which most don’t compete.

Hey, trust me, I hate the sec and love it whenever they get beat. I’m pretty sure that’s the authors point when it comes to college baseball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Sometimes, ya just get tired of hearing it constantly..... ]

Sorry, but the outcomes of 2 games against Vandy does not prove that they have a better team, a better program, or play in a better conference. It's baseball. In MLB (similar to the NCAA play-offs, as most teams are very talented), winning 65% of a team's games is phenomenal.
If CU got some breaks in the first Vandy game, (and there were plenty of opportunities that CU missed), then Vandy is playing from the loser's bracket, and then they would have run out of starting pitching. Entirely different regional then.
I think Monte made (at least) 3 mistakes this year: letting the huge lead get away to Miami, and not starting our best pitching against UGa, twice.
But, he made many great decisions this year!
So, don't let the results of a few games, and the constant ESECPN worship of the SEC make a distinction that shouldn't be there.

Some good points Kerigan! Certainly better analysis than

Jun 11, 2018, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Sometimes, ya just get tired of hearing it constantly..... ]

Sapakoff’s, for sure. So, the fact we beat the coots 2 of 3 is irrelevant?!

As for his ‘analysis’, I think he suffers from the same affliction so many of the current practicing ‘journalists’ (sic) do, and that is the inability to objectively report WITHOUT allowing their own personal bias, likes/dislikes, ‘agendas’, and etc. to permeate or dictate their narrative. I believe honest reporting and journalism has been dying a slow and agonizing death for the past decade or so.

I stopped reading - and buying - printed media years ago, and rarely read their on-line product, as well.

$.02

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Some good points Kerigan! Certainly better analysis than

Jun 11, 2018, 11:05 PM

I would have to agree with you on that for all news. Sports or otherwise.

Jun 11, 2018, 11:22 PM

I agree with you as well Kerigan! I think we should have actually been better than we were this year! But when you look at our overall batting average that was like 10th or 12th in the ACC yet we had a good record. That was because we played good "Gorilla" ball when we were against avg pitching but good pitchers shut us down. You look at our batting average, 9th inning wins, and like 14 wins that were 1pt wins, you can easily see our offense was a weak link. Some of it was caused by being too aggressive running the bases and living off that game winning HR. I think our offensive strategy will need to change next season especially with over 50% of out HR hitters will be in the pros.

Jun 11, 2018, 11:29 PM

Thanks. You said it better than I could.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,897
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic