Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something you don't hear on WCCP often.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,302

Something you don't hear on WCCP often.....

Nov 23, 2018, 1:20 PM

was out walking Goober the dog on this chilly, blustery morning when I tuned my walkman to the local (Chucktown) sports call-in show hosted by a chicken alum/former athlete. He stated he vividly remembered every CLemson-usuck game since 1990 and proceeded to enumerate in detail nearly every chicken victory during that time span.

This is the same guy who, on Jan 10, 2016, the day after Clemson won their 2nd NC, stopped talking on 3 separate occasions during his show because he was so filled with chickenhate/angst/frustration that he was briefly overcome and couldn't speak---3 times. Fortunately, he had a partner at the time (who left the station not long afterward) who jumped in each time to fill the empty airspace.

Some folks like to complain about WCCP, but there's a bunch of us in other parts of the state who'd love to be in broadcast range.....the chickencrap in the lowcountry gets old real quickly.

Go Tigers! Eviscerate the chickens!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something you don't hear on WCCP often.....

Nov 23, 2018, 1:38 PM

Who was that? Must have been at one of the kirkaman stations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet that was Bobby Hartin...

Nov 23, 2018, 1:41 PM

he is a diehard gamecock and a really good guy. But one thing i like about him, he doesn't hide it like Phil Kornbutt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 2:10 PM

In broadcast range? YOu mean within 5 miles of the transmitter? How about the web or I heartradio

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if only they had satellite radio for my walkman

Nov 23, 2018, 2:18 PM

tough to drag that equipment in and out of the car constantly

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 2:14 PM

I heard him today as well. At least it didn't take him long to talk about the victories. He is more of a homer than Hartin who I actually enjoy catching from time to time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

wccp app on smartphone I listen every day

Nov 23, 2018, 3:20 PM

What's a walkman ? ; )

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic