Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something that truly baffles me about gamecock fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Something that truly baffles me about gamecock fans

Nov 30, 2015, 10:13 AM

is the constant mocking of where we're located. "Cow town", "tater farmers", etc. are pretty common insults that they use. This is more prevalent amongst the fans who live in the Columbia area and don't visit the upstate often, but I've heard it from Greenville #### fans as well. Many of these people visited our fine stadium just last year, so surely they don't actually believe this.

I think it is indisputable fact that Clemson is a better, cleaner, nicer place than Columbia. This is probably true of Benghazi, as well. So of all things to insult us for, why that? Columbia is a total cesspool, a truly disgusting place. It seems many of you found that out first hand after traveling to the game.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but if I was living in a double wide manufactured in 1966, I wouldn't be casting judgement on other peoples abode.

Prod, care to comment on why your fellow fans are dumb as #####? I legitimately believe they are the dumbest, worst fan base in the country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Similar to my SiL (gamecock fan, btw) complaining about her

Nov 30, 2015, 10:15 AM

Uncle living with his parents still.

She lives with her husband's parents.

Greenr be like Whadafuq?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a shame most people just let stuff like that go

Nov 30, 2015, 10:18 AM

Because I believe the world would be a better place if people like that got called out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holidays and birthday parties would be a BLAST!***

Nov 30, 2015, 10:33 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, how old are Uncle's parents? At some point

Nov 30, 2015, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Similar to my SiL (gamecock fan, btw) complaining about her ]

it becomes the parents living with the children.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

70s but they still work and are in relatively good health

Nov 30, 2015, 10:21 AM

and they pay for the house, bills, etc as far as I know. He has been out some, but always ends up back home. Spending a few years in jail probably didn't help him.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He does not qualify.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:23 AM

How did you ever escape this black hole of white trash?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOT MY FAMILY

Nov 30, 2015, 10:25 AM

Sister in Law as in Wife's sister

Well, this would all make better sense to me at least if

Nov 30, 2015, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Similar to my SiL (gamecock fan, btw) complaining about her ]

YOU'D FOLLOW THE RULES AND POST PIGS OF HER.

Bro, you would thank me for not including pics.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:26 AM

She isn't ugly, but nope, not at all.

Most trash talk is just that...trash talk.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:17 AM

Not based in reality. I don't partake.

I would like to say that I've lived in Columbia for 2/3 of my life (the other 1/3) in Greenville, and I don't have a problem with it. There are some areas of Columbia I don't frequent, like any other city, but I wouldn't call it disgusting overall.

Never made much sense to talk about the locations

Nov 30, 2015, 10:19 AM

of the schools, anyway, in a sports context. What is the point? It's just an attempt at ad hominem, I think. If I can't attack your football team, I'll just attach where you live.

In fairness, I'd think Columbia was terrible even if USC

Nov 30, 2015, 10:25 AM

wasn't located there.

I lived in Columbia for 4 years.

Nov 30, 2015, 1:39 PM

USC was the best part of Columbia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS DISGUSTING WITH CRACKED SIDEWALKS AND

Nov 30, 2015, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Never made much sense to talk about the locations ]

A GENERAL LACK OF LAWN MAINTENANCE IN THE COMMON AREAS!!!!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm fairly certain many people believe it though

Nov 30, 2015, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Most trash talk is just that...trash talk. ]

They're idiots, of course, but it's baffling nonetheless.

Years ago, my ex girlfriend brought one of her friends up to visit who was from Virginia, and she came up fully expecting to be without internet for the weekend.

I am 99% convinced that the trashy fans are the ones that

Nov 30, 2015, 10:22 AM

don't actually watch much, nor attend many games.

Sure there are some classless students (many will grow out of it) and some inbred tigget holders....but largely the ones that invest time/money aren't the ones that act like that.

Case study:

Buddy 1-Tigget holder, lives in upstate, very respectful. Never heard him say a cross word about Clemsoon.

Buddy 2-Same as buddy 1, but MF's Clemson when only in the presence of jr fans. Fair enough. Also a grad.

Buddy 3-Lives in upstate, doesn't have tiggets, goes to maybe 1 game per year. Loud, obnoxious, and nowhere to be found this season. But a grad.

Buddy 4-Lives in ATL, grad, goes to ZERO games but watches them all on TV. Very little to say about CU.

Buddy 5-Lives in Cola, not a grad, no tickets. The. Most. Obnoxious. Coot. Ever. Loudest taunting mouf of all time during the 5 in a row. Ran into him yesterday, he's defiantly wearing garnet. He reluctantly mumbles "congrats on the game" while looking at his shoe laces. I say "did you go, or did you go to a viewing party, or what?". He says he didn't watch it, caught a few minutes of it on the radio.

Lollers. The grads that go to games are normally fairly decent folks.

Probably true, and admittedly the worst of them

Nov 30, 2015, 10:29 AM

are also the trashiest of people most of the time.

I find that the ones who didn't go to college and live in

Nov 30, 2015, 10:32 AM [ in reply to I am 99% convinced that the trashy fans are the ones that ]

Western York County are the dumbest motherfuggin loudmouth fans in the world. At least this year, they are all Panthers fans and not talking much about USC.

I like the facebook posts calling Clemson classless because our band did not let their band play the alma mater after the game. Say WHAT? Said poster was not at game, has no frame of reference, IS NOT AN ALUMNUS (of any college), and is batchit crazy. Also, how does one band not let another play? #### THEM ALL!

My thoughts when I see folks wearing coot gear any time of

Nov 30, 2015, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I am 99% convinced that the trashy fans are the ones that ]

year....

'TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT'

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

an uses one of the most common barnyard animals as a mascot

Nov 30, 2015, 10:24 AM

and loudly plays it's "crow" over the stadium loudspeakers, instantly bringing images of the family farm to mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something that truly baffles me about gamecock fans

Nov 30, 2015, 1:16 PM

Their mascot is just a loud-mouthed farm animal that wakes everybody up at the crack of dawn to say "Look at me! I'm a freaking chicken!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to Papa in a hurry."

OMG and so true. Also, their main color is garnet which is

Nov 30, 2015, 1:19 PM

like red which is the color of blood which just screams LOOK AT ME IT'S MY TIME OF THE MONTH.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic