Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something nobody is talking about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,467

Something nobody is talking about

Dec 5, 2019, 12:36 PM

If the playoff picture is Clemson OSU LSU and Utah the only team with a team and staff that’s ever had to play a 15 game season and knows what it’s like to prepare physically and mentally will be Clemson. To me that will be a massive advantage that nobody has mentioned, each year our young guys talk about how much of a physical and mental toll it took on their body having to play that many games and practice for that long, just another reason I think Clemson is going to dominate when they get the opportunity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed but technically OSU has done it in the 1st CFP.***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agreed but technically OSU has done it in the 1st CFP.***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:46 PM

But not one of their current players have. easy to talk about something until you actually have to do it. There will be a fatigue factor those other 3 teams will have to overcome without knowing the best way. It is a great advantage to have been there, done that! Great catch Seth!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 1:24 PM

Ryan Day was not there either the last time they would've played 15 games. Not sure about any of their assistants though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to agreed but technically OSU has done it in the 1st CFP.*** ]

They don't have a starter that was there and none of their opponents had played that many either so that's a bit of an outlier, I was just stating we have experience in preparation both physically and mentally in the matter when other players/coaches don't with playing 15 games.

Didn't affect Clemson at all in 2015 now did it***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:43 PM

Re: Didn't affect Clemson at all in 2015 now did it***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:57 PM

When the Tigers play a 65 to 75 player average each game, it only feels like 10 - 12 games for the players.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Didn't affect Clemson at all in 2015 now did it*** ]

I'm pretty sure it made a big difference.

Did you notice how our defense fell off at the end of that season?

32 points to scar. 37 to UNC. Then did well against OK with some rest but had a few injuries happen and then 45 to Bama.

Lawson got hurt, Alexander got hurt, and other guys were moving around much slower at the end of the season.

It's not just the players. The coaches had to learn how to prepare the players in a way to get them to be at their strongest in games 10-15.

Dec 5, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Didn't affect Clemson at all in 2015 now did it*** ]

But Clemson played OU who wasn't there the year before and won, then played Alabama who was there before and lost and the players accounted to being beat up and drained from playing the extra games they weren't used to.

Titanic's second voyage. Do I win?

Dec 5, 2019, 12:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no. You didn't say it in the form of a question.

Dec 5, 2019, 1:05 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no. You didn't say it in the form of a question.

Dec 5, 2019, 1:16 PM

"What are three guys who have never been in my kitchen?" :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo builds the entire year around this premise... we are

Dec 5, 2019, 1:11 PM

light ears ahead in that regard

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something nobody is talking about

Dec 5, 2019, 1:38 PM

Nobody is talking about it because it doesn't matter. Is 15 games instead of 14 (or 13) really all that different, especially considering you get a 3 week break between games 13 and 14 and a 9 day break between games 14 and 15?

Dec 5, 2019, 2:38 PM

Yes, look at us in 2015. That 14th game resulted in us playing many players that were beat up or out against Alabama that year. It makes a big difference according to the players and coaches.

also, Clemson probably platooned more than 99.9% of the

Dec 5, 2019, 1:51 PM

time. Should be well rested. Didn't have that luxury a few years back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 2:43 PM

This post is a contradiction. If you are talking about it, it is incorrect to say nobody is talking about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,467
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic