Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something Recruits Need to Consider
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 3,772

Something Recruits Need to Consider

Apr 4, 2019, 9:05 PM

It's perfectly understandable to consider the competition for starting spots. Everyone wants to start but what they need to consider more is if starting will actually get them the most play.

Clemson's defense has been elite since BV stepped on campus. If he has the depth he will use the depth. If you are a good player (Huggie) behind elite players like Dex and Wilkins you will still get good snaps in and get drafted.

On offense you need to look at production. I'll use PSU as a comparison since we have an elite WR target that is leaning their way (Flemming maybe?). Can Flemming start at PSU? Probably but not guaranteed. Despite having their 3rd year starting SR QB they only threw for a measly 2800 yards (77th nationally). Clemson threw for 4200 despite sharing time with a running QB at the beginning of the season and starting a Freshman for most of the year (8th nationally). So as a QB that means you will get some good reps but this also means the WR's were shining. Clemson's top 4 WR's got: 1000, 940, 575, and 545. PSU's top 4 got 750, 370, 350, 330. So even if you're a stud WR and start instantly at PSU as the #2WR, you still produce less than the #4 Clemson WR since the system is inferior. Also worth considering is Clemson's WR pipe line into the NFL. Our HC is a WR coach, it's not an accident.

TLDNR: all elite players should come to Clemson. And PSU sucks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something Recruits Need to Consider

Apr 4, 2019, 9:42 PM

+1

Apr 4, 2019, 9:52 PM

Excellent way of explaining that. But there's another thing for them to consider...

Some people just don't look good wearing rings...

Apr 4, 2019, 9:56 PM

They may suck but will always have my undying gratitude for destroying Dan Marino and PITT in the last regular season game of the 81 season so we could go into the Orange Bowl in the catbird seat.

Apr 5, 2019, 12:27 AM

well reasoned and insightful, you are obviously on the wrong board.

Replies: 4
| visibility 3,772
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic