Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone please tell me why OSU playing OU in Arizona
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,496

Someone please tell me why OSU playing OU in Arizona

Dec 8, 2019, 9:48 AM

is a disadvantage for them. Or why LSU playing Oklahoma there is a problem for them if they move to #1? Seems to me playing in Atlanta wouldn't be a disadvantage to either team with tickets divided equally.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone please tell me why OSU playing OU in Arizona

Dec 8, 2019, 9:59 AM

Us being the #3 team... it would be an advantage for us to play in Atlanta.
Maybe, if LSU stays #2, we would get Atlanta, but if LSU moved to #1, no way they send us to Atlanta with OhSt being so much further away.

If LSU is #1:
We are going to Arizona... 95% confidence.

If OhSt is #1:
We are probably going to Arizona... 75% confidence.

The only way we end up in Atlanta is if the CFP committee plays matchup doctor and moves us to #4.
Says something crazy like Oklahoma beat the same top 10 team twice.. and talks about how impressive it is while Clemson (after UVA falls out) has zero ranked wins.
I dont think they will drop us after a 62-17 victory BUT they did drop TCU in 2014 though they won their last game like 55-3 so who knows.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone please tell me why OSU playing OU in Arizona

Dec 8, 2019, 10:00 AM

I could also see them playing matchup doctor to avoid the NC game being regional again... ACC vs SEC... so they make LSU and Clemson either 1 vs 4 or 2 vs 3.

0% chance we get loved to #4

Dec 8, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Someone please tell me why OSU playing OU in Arizona ]

There's literally no justification for that.

Re: 0% chance we get loved to #4

Dec 8, 2019, 10:21 AM

I agree there is no justification for it but you have TV ratings the last several years for the NC game being lower because it is only south east schools every year since 2015. You put Clemson/LSU in a semi final so you guarantee either Oklahoma or Ohst make it to the natty. With LSU's dominant performance over #4 UGA and OhSt less than dominant game over Wisc, they may HAVE to put LSU #1 (and they should). So if they want to avoid the ACC/SEC natty game again... they may try it.
This version of the committee's thought process has been all over the place so I put nothing past them.
It would do nothing but help us... Drop to #4. Imagine Coach Swinney with that chip loaded up on the Roy bus.

We aren't getting Atlanta, give it up.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:00 AM

There's no way they are shipping the #1 seed all the way out to Glendale, AZ to play an Oklahoma team that is much closer. Glendale is about 3x further away for LSU or Ohio State, and Flights into Atlanta cost about half as much.

These are driving distances so flying would be a bit shorter, but you get the picture:

Columbus to Atlanta ~600 miles
Columbus to Glendale ~1900 miles

Baton Rouge to Atlanta ~525 miles
Baton Rouge to Glendale ~1450 miles

Norman to Glendale ~1000 miles
Normal to Atlanta ~850 miles

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic