Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone in iptay tell me if it apoears
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Someone in iptay tell me if it apoears

Nov 6, 2020, 8:20 AM

Cutting sports that cost 2 million a year makes sense. Seems like we’re still waiting for them to address the fundraising cost percentage.

The sport that got cut probably rides in a van to the meets and all the facilities are there. Ironically in the shadow of a 100 million football complex with a slide that costs the amount of several scholarships.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be wrong, but...

Nov 6, 2020, 8:34 AM

I doubt teams are taking vans to places like Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Florida State, Miami, and Notre Dame.

Although when I was a student-athlete back in the early and mid 80's, we routinely took vans/busses to UVa and Maryland.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

In 1965 we student newspaper sports writers got a white Univ car to drive to Duke, NCst

Nov 6, 2020, 8:43 AM

and we were giddy since we had gas & food money and a free ticket into stadium.

Drove back in car late in evening.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That had to be one of the first horse-less carriages that

Nov 6, 2020, 8:47 AM

were ever made - right, LbB ? ? ? ? ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: That had to be one of the first horse-less carriages that

Nov 6, 2020, 9:16 AM

running board or tailfin era bill? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone in iptay tell me if it apoears

Nov 6, 2020, 9:17 AM

Title 9 is the culprit here not the athletic director. Because we have to support all the new money losing women’s sports like softball, rowing,etc... there’s no longer money for men’s money losing sports like wrestling, track and field etc... Football is profitable and is not responsible for the cuts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Athletic Departments all across the country...

Nov 6, 2020, 9:20 AM

are experiencing HUGE budget deficits resulting from the COVID pandemic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 6, 2020, 9:27 AM

Maybe they need the land.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 10:11 AM

IPTAY has very little to do with it. There’s only 12 scholarships in play. The AD is who can’t seem to find money for Olympic sports. Just waiting for cuts to the other non-revenue sports...

Need money for something football related? They’ll do capital campaigns, fundraising, events etc. They’ll reach out to boosters and former players to make things happen. For non-revenue sports? Nothing. Tennis and golf should be worried.

Nov 6, 2020, 10:55 AM

All our non-revenue sports have higher costs related to ACC expansion. A lot cheaper for a squad to get to an event in NC than Syracuse. It's also harder on our student athletes as travel time keeps them out of class longer.

I hate all the expansion, Marshall has to travel to TEXAS regularly, wvu no longer plays pitt, We don't play traditional cross-division rivals very often. 'Cuse is just another team on the schedule , I wouldn't miss them at all, same with bc.

Old man rant over.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic