Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some should listen to yourselves, you sound ridiculous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 894

Some should listen to yourselves, you sound ridiculous

Dec 12, 2012, 1:07 AM

Those you who think the program is going to fall apart if CM leaves were probably the same people who thought Dabo wouldn't fire Napier bc they were friends; then were up in arms over the hire of a Texas HS coach with no CFB experience as our OC. Now you think Clemson FB will go to shambles if this same 'suspect' hire departs, and some of you even wish CM would take over for Dabo as HC. Do you bozos not realize that having your assistants being seeked after to fill coaching vacancies by teams from top-tier conferences is actually a GOOD thing and says a lot about the quality of your FB program. Do you not remember the Bowden era and the epitomizing representation of mediocrity which it stood for? Bowden's last hire after almost 10 years of being the HC was Rob 'freakin' Spence. I can't believe how short-term some of your minds have become. Have some faith in our HC, he's made major improvements to our FB program in his 4 1/2 seasons and there's no reason to think he can't replace CM, Coach Cheese, or anyone else who decides to leave his staff with someone as skilled and competent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another voice of reason, though the timing could add to the

Dec 12, 2012, 1:13 AM

difficulty. +1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some should listen to yourselves, you sound ridiculous

Dec 12, 2012, 1:14 AM

wrong.........I didn't even finish reading your comment halfway through your first sentence. I've believed in Dabo from day one, and Chad Morris is extremely influential on how 2013 plays out. Too much is invested in that move already, not financially but with the game plan and intensity that has been established. I don't want to start over with another 8-4 type season etc. New hires, new styles, etc.......basically just time. It took 20 years to get to this point. Not sure about you but I don't wanna be 53, yes I'm 33 before this team is finally something to be reckoned with and has a dependable staff. I'm aware coaches come and go but something better get set or we're gonna be right back at square one.

We're someone to be reckoned with now?

Dec 12, 2012, 1:33 AM

Yes, everyone in college football outside the well-respected ACC are shaking in their boots at the thought of playing us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 1:18 AM

Having your coordinators leave is a good thing? Please elaborate. You know every recruit is just sitting there thinking, "I really want to play in this high powered offense Chad's got going, but only for 1 year, then I want to have to learn a new one the next year. And if the next guy is great, I hope he leaves after 2 years so for my senior year I can learn another offense."

Dabo has already stated he wants this kind of offense...

Dec 12, 2012, 1:20 AM

even before he hired Morris.

I personally would prefer to model our team after a team like Alabama that has toughness as opposed to finesse, but as long as Dabo is here, this is what we will get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Some should listen to yourselves, you sound ridiculous ]

exactly

It just needs to be over

Dec 12, 2012, 1:22 AM

This being in limbo from week to week has gotten everyone in an uproar. If Morris goes, he goes. Clemson has to move on and work with the recruits who are already getting offers from Coach Cheese and other places.

Oh, and I think we have a bowl game coming up soon.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 7
| visibility 894
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic