Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tough day for the Brad haters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Tough day for the Brad haters

Oct 23, 2019, 9:12 PM

Good. Couldnt happen to a better group

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tough day for the Brad haters

Oct 24, 2019, 8:35 AM

Very true. They haven’t gotten over the World Cup gold medal yet!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 9:40 AM

Even tougher today....

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Olivier-Maxence-Prosper-Clemson-Commis-Four-Star-137365382/

Oct 24, 2019, 9:46 AM

Who hates Brad? That seems impossible.

The only group that could ever hate Brad obviously hates stripes. Which being a Tiger fan would make them very very stange.

On a side note, he kinda looks like Harrison Ford in this picture/

Some of them will be on suicide watch today.

Oct 24, 2019, 10:00 PM

What are they going to say about a 2020 recruiting class that is #24 nationally, including #8 in average star rating? That puts us at #6 in the ACC overall, and #3 in the ACC in average star rating (behind only UNC and Duke).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Some of them will be on suicide watch today.

Oct 24, 2019, 10:15 PM

Rivals has Clemson tied with NC State at #22. There is also four ACC teams in the top six

Duke 1
UNC 3
Tenn Barnes #4
FSU #5
UVA #6

That indicates other ACC schools are filled so at this point we can't help but to hit on a couple good ones left. The ACC will always be the cream of the crop in basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The two players chose Clemson because they want to be here

Oct 25, 2019, 8:35 PM

and not because the rest of the ACC teams were "filled up" and didn't have space for them. Clemson wasn't a fall back option for them, but their first choice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The two players chose Clemson because they want to be here

Nov 5, 2019, 10:33 PM

Oct 24, 2019, 10:41 PM

I’ll reserve my judgement until after the season’s results are proven out.

Oct 24, 2019, 11:49 PM

So by year 11 he’ll finally be cooking with gas? Hooray!!!!! I’m sure he won’t leverage it into yet another unreasonable raise/extension without actually winning anything. And no, overseas summer tourneys that no one has ever heard of until their teams play in them do not count. Wanna bet how many times we make the NCAAs from 2022-25 if he’s the coach?

Team USA's gold medal in this year's World University games

Oct 25, 2019, 8:39 PM

was the first for the men since 2015, and the second since 2005. The Games are occur every other year, and the U.S. team has won 2 of the last 7.

You make it sound like no big deal that we won, as if it happens all the time. Anything to discredit Clemson men's basketball, right?

Re: Team USA's gold medal in this year's World University games

Oct 26, 2019, 2:11 PM

I don’t believe for a second that without Google’s help you could tell me anything about who had ever played in, much less won, the World University Games in any prior season. It’s dumber than bragging about an NIT title - significantly so.

Just because you hadn't heard of it doesn't mean

Oct 26, 2019, 2:20 PM

that it isn't a significant accomplishment.

Re: Just because you hadn't heard of it doesn't mean

Oct 26, 2019, 2:45 PM

Judge cant believe some people cant be happy over good news! 4 stars committing and winning a tournament is great for our team.

Im going to enjoy my season tickets and the upcoming season. :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just because you hadn't heard of it doesn't mean

Nov 5, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Just because you hadn't heard of it doesn't mean ]

Soooooo, want to try again and tell me about the deep history of the World Basketball Everyone Deserves a Trophy Summer Rotisserie and how much it means for this coming season?

Oct 25, 2019, 6:09 AM

I venture to guess Brownell critics will take solace in knowing they will have plenty of chances to be critical throughout this season.

Actually, the "Brad Haters" might be really happy thinking

Oct 25, 2019, 8:43 PM

that when Clemson still under-performs with these great recruits that there won't be any more room for excuses.

The fact is, "lover" or "hater" this will be the "moment of truth."

Oct 25, 2019, 9:33 PM

The haters can start their Chicken Little routine when we have the sloppy game that traditionally occurs in the middle of exam week.

I admit to being a critic.

Oct 25, 2019, 9:47 PM

It is just as good a day for people like me than any other fan. Being critical does not mean that we do not want him to be successful. I would love for Coach Brownell to prove me wrong, and he has done well in the last 6 months to start in that direction. Time will tell, but I will be pulling for him and the Tigers the whole way.

well said.***

Oct 25, 2019, 11:27 PM

Oct 26, 2019, 12:27 AM

Now bring in a coach who will know how go coach these guys and get us to the tourney on a regular basis. Not once in eight years.

Oct 26, 2019, 12:47 AM

A lot of ignorance in this comment.

Oct 26, 2019, 2:17 PM

I look forward to seeing what Brad can do with this team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 10:30 PM

Was that worth looking forward to?

Nov 5, 2019, 10:39 PM

Just watching the 2 coaches doing their things tonight, I'm just going to say if I'm a High School recruit and looking at strictly coaches to make my decision, it wouldn't even be close. And yes I was there

VT's coach ( young) had so much fire and intensity on the court tonight. Brad kept having the same expression I used to have in school during Calculus , huh?

1st game I know, and we are very young. Unfortunately Brad doesn't have a credit line to withdraw sympathy from after last year

Nov 6, 2019, 7:39 AM

For one last time Mike Young showed why he was the best basketball coach in South Carolina. And the man has nothing. His team at Wofford last year would have beat what he inherited at VT by 20.
Wouldnt be surprised if the boy from Dorman changed his mind and went to VT. Still, folks can get excited about a supposed uptick all they want. But doesnt change the fact that CU basketball is signing recruits that the big boys they need to beat arent even recruiting.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic