Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I missing something with Tucker Israel?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Am I missing something with Tucker Israel?

Nov 10, 2014, 4:37 PM

I know he's highly rated by ESPN (4star) but skimming through the top 300 he's not even listed, He's only a 3 star on rivals (and doesn't even have a national/position/state ranking)

Even looking at his offers, his only real major offers according to rivals are Clemson, LSU, Louisville, Mississippi, and Florida (if they count?) I thought he'd have way more than that after seeing these records he's breaking.

My question is-what gives? why is he not so much highly rated? These records he's breaking don't seem like just any old records being broken. Is he playing against lesser talent? Is he as good as his broken records seem to indicate, or am I missing something?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is 6ft tall. If he was 6'3" he would have 60 offers.***

Nov 10, 2014, 4:38 PM

He's probably about 5"11.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's just say VT doesn't even have him on their board***

Nov 10, 2014, 4:40 PM

LOL ! ..*

Nov 10, 2014, 9:20 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought of that

Nov 10, 2014, 4:40 PM [ in reply to He is 6ft tall. If he was 6'3" he would have 60 offers.*** ]

but I still figured more schools would have offered

Re: Am I missing something with Tucker Israel?

Nov 10, 2014, 4:41 PM

He is also a mobile guy but not super agile or a sub 4.6 like most people are looking for lately.

Some have said he is a product of a system.

Nov 10, 2014, 4:46 PM

Don't know how much truth to this there is, but a while back someone posted that his high school team's whole philosophy is to pass as much as possible, going so far as to sometimes yield on defense in order to get the ball back and put up more numbers. Allegedly his coach is angling for a college coaching job.

Still, he must be executing at a very high level within the system to be putting up those kinds of stats.

Re: Some have said he is a product of a system.

Nov 10, 2014, 4:52 PM

Football is a system . Systems are systems. The "product of a system " argument is just stating that he operates his given particular offensive gameplan very well . Looking at his accomplishments , he has systemed the sh! T outta that system.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 10, 2014, 9:18 PM

Thank you! Pro-style is a system. They are all systems. Always makes me cringe when people use this phrase.

Nov 10, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Some have said he is a product of a system. ]

There is nothing wrong being part of "the system" if you can run the system. Taj Boyd was a part of a system. Consequently, he may never be a qb in the pros. But, dang he could play in college.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2014, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Some have said he is a product of a system. ]

He is still averaged over 14 yards a completion for his career. Even if you were a product of high attempts that seems like a pretty solid stat.

Nov 10, 2014, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Some have said he is a product of a system. ]

Well if we loose Chad Morris the we need to go after that guy lol.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2014, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Some have said he is a product of a system. ]

Sure would hate to be a product of scars system this year. Lol bottom line is win

Nov 10, 2014, 5:00 PM

Drew Bree's 2.0 .He's real good maybe heavily underrated. He can play.

Nov 10, 2014, 5:19 PM

I was on the field beside Israel for the UL game and he did not appear to be a very big guy. With that said, he is listed at about the same size as the Wake QB is and Wolford (sic) is the guy whose records Israel broke this year. He really isn't very big, I suspect he isn't very fast and he is a non athletic looking white kid !!! I have read in other reports that he is an excellent back up QB .... what ever that means. I suspect you will see a big improvement in him when the Tiger coaches get to him.

Were you in the UL huddle taking pics:>)

Nov 10, 2014, 5:34 PM

NM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Were you in the UL huddle taking pics:>)

Nov 10, 2014, 5:36 PM

Actually I do have a pic of Israel.

Nov 10, 2014, 5:39 PM

Per Your Bio we have the same hobbies:>)
Always look forward to your post.

Nov 10, 2014, 6:03 PM

I think he will be backing up K-Boogie for most of his career. Bryant with 2 yrs behind Watson will be deadly

yep.***

Nov 10, 2014, 6:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's definitely his height...

Nov 10, 2014, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Were you in the UL huddle taking pics:>) ]

He's probably all of 5'10. Dude is a baller though. Imo, he's actually better than Chad Kelly when he came out of high school...MUCH better. Not only because he's a better passer and a good runner but like Deshaun, he's run a similar offense to ours in high school. He'll instantly be able to come in an provide a quality backup to Deshaun next year.

yes.***

Nov 10, 2014, 6:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rivals is an $EC homer site, so yeah they will have him...

Nov 10, 2014, 6:32 PM

rated lower than ESPN. ESPN actually doesn't bring their $EC bias into recruiting rankings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I beg to differ

Nov 10, 2014, 7:48 PM

I remember watching some of the ESPNU recruiting stuff this summer, and Luginbill was discussing players moving up in the rankings. He said one of Bama's recruits was bumped up because he committed to the Tide and he fit their system. I guess when you commit to an SEC school you instantly get better.

Re: I beg to differ

Nov 10, 2014, 8:53 PM

SEC offer is worth an additional star...

Also, his level of competition is weak.***

Nov 10, 2014, 9:08 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You can probably get 50 different answers from the board.

Nov 10, 2014, 9:11 PM

The opinions that really count on a recruit the the coaches and they are completely sold. Also I would think that the schools you listed count. Not like they are bottom of the barrel schools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic