Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again

Aug 14, 2018, 6:55 AM

Why would any Clemson faithful wish for KB to play bad early? I have seen some really stupid comments, period! Check yourself!

Why not hope that everything Dabo is saying is 100% true in that KB is throwing superbly at all three ranges? Why not be excited for KB's improvement? Understand he has big game experience and if he can prove his game fits the offensive scheme, how can this be a negative? Just think, this only proves to TL that the scheme works in live game atmosphere. How can this be a bad thing?

What if KB can take us to 15-0? How is this bad? Just think, if KB is that good currently and then add TL an CB to back him up, sounds pretty awesome to me!

All these negative or ill wishes towards KB is the most idiotic stance a faithful fan could ever take! Please check yourself! Let's embrace KB's newfound growth, a senior that has paid his dues, a Sr that took us to the playoffs last year. Let's embrace the fact that if he falls short we have two great backup's but until then let's hope for the best for KB!

Why not hope that KB is the next Cam Newton, Russell or Watson in the NFL? Why would you ever wish for less? Please check yourself if you continue to wish anything other than success for KB! I hope he goes 15-0 and show TL how easy it is for 2019!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again

Aug 14, 2018, 7:18 AM

Amen!

Aug 14, 2018, 7:26 AM

I have been somewhat concerned about whether or not the coaches will play the best QB. But since camp has started, it seems to me that we have such a strong team this year that we can clearly win with either QB and probably Brice too. No matter which QB starts each game, I'm behind them 1000%.

Aug 14, 2018, 7:42 AM

Well that is very true but many have wished him poor play early to so they can guarantee TL to become the starter sooner. But that is the most absurd wish i would ever consider. Why not wish that TL is everything and a bag of chips but KB still wins out? If that statement is true then he should easily go 15-0. What is wrong with KB with a natty in 2018 with TL running the next two? But any negative wishes just makes me grit my teeth. KB deserves our 100% support until its proven otherwise!

Consider me a KB fan until we physically see a big difference on the field. I think we play three QBs often this year! GO TIGERS!

the coaches have said many times, the qb they gives the best chance to win will play***

Dec 1, 2021, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 14, 2018, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

So you don’t think a coach that has 80 something gave in ten year will play the best ?? Look above and check yourself

Aug 14, 2018, 8:01 AM

should they check themselves before they wreck themselves?

Aug 14, 2018, 8:05 AM

Roger that! That's a big 10-4 good buddy!

Here is the little I know..

Aug 14, 2018, 8:13 AM

KB looked pretty dang good at the start of the season last year. I remember him throwing a beautiful pass to Cain that most QB's could not make in a game against Wake.

Later against NC State and others, he could not seem to find his depth of throws which seemed to carry over into the spring game. He has some nice scrambling and straight run ability which was limited after he tweaked his ankle and suffered the concussion. He obviously did not get to display his ellusivness in the Spring game.

TL can absolutely sling it and looks as poised as any Freshman I have ever seen.
But the sample size is small; only a Spring game and clips from high school.
Despite his size he appears a bit fragile without a rib protector, which makes me wonder how he'd hold up through an entire season. Would his game change as well after an injury?

I truly think we will see a 2 QB system like we did with Dantzler/Streeter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Aug 14, 2018, 8:32 AM

I don’t want to see KB play bad. I just want TL to get meaningful snaps. Not just mopup duty. I’m on board with a 2QB system that keeps TL in gaged and playing. Because we might need him to win the National championship game

Aug 14, 2018, 9:19 PM

I just wish fans would acknowledge that we are way better off with KB playing out of his mind and embrace that and realize Dabo/Streeter will make a change to TL or CB if and when needed. Bottomline if KB outperforms expectations that should easily translate into a Natty. Never should we wish less.

Aug 14, 2018, 9:32 PM

Whoa... Now your message changed. I haven't seen many, if any, wishing he plays bad.... Most of us are saying the opposite. That we hope he's improved drastically if he is starting... Because if he hasn't, he will lost the job eventually if Trevor is everything they are billing him to be, especially after he gets some experience.

But I don't think people want him to play bad, they just haven't seen this "improvement" to feel comfortable when there's a generational talent nipping at his heels already. That's different than anyone needing to acknowledge we are better off with him... To some of us, he has some passing improvement to show to get that acknowledgement we are better off playing him when teams will be aiming to make him one dimensional more this year than they did last year.

Aug 14, 2018, 10:05 PM

No you hope and wishing a freaking freshman starts so you’ll be right. You are the one I thought of when I read the ops thread. You need to check yourself because you know shaytt about what’s going on

Aug 14, 2018, 10:08 PM

Wrong.... I've posted several times that I think KB needs to improve his PASSING. I've backed that up with nearly every passing stat he had last year as concrete evidence... Not bias, not hatred. I also posted several times I think he starts game 1, baring injury.

You are just a moron...that's apparently blind and full of hate and wants to attack everything I say just because I'm not going "rah, rah,rah" like you want me to and actually dissecting the real stats. And I still don't have to do what you want. Get over it...I can have my own opinion, and there's nothing you can do about it.

And btw, I'll be right if KB's passing isn't improved and he gets passed at any point in the season because of it causing him to struggle in games too much. I'm hoping if he's starting for a while that he proves that wrong, since the spring game didn't. Nor have you.

Question, what part of the family is he to you?? Because you really take it too personal.

Aug 14, 2018, 10:19 PM

Passing is not the only thing a QB has to do goofball

Aug 14, 2018, 10:21 PM

And? Neither is running...

So, what makes you think Trevor can't do it? Did the coaches say somewhere he can't? Or did you? Or Chase for that matter?

What makes you think KB is the only one that can? I know 2 running backs that can do the running he can... Possibly 4.

Aug 14, 2018, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

Do you sleep with TL ?? Because you have a crush on a true freshman. You’ll be the one jumping up and down acting like a little girl the first time he takes the field lol but it will be after KB has put the game away

Aug 14, 2018, 10:25 PM

How old are you? 10?

Grow up

Aug 14, 2018, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

And no, I might be the one watching him outperform Bryant after Bryant's puts the FCS game away, and watching you still trying to defend Bryant afterwards.

You act like it's not possible to see Bryant score 21 by halftime (2 qtrs of play) and Trevor come out 3rd quarter and score 21 in one quarter. Doesn't mean KB did bad, but doesn't mean he did the best either.

Aug 14, 2018, 10:34 PM

You I’m different from you I don’t give a D Am you plays. I want to win but I will not put KB down like you. Yes I’m 10 plus 45

Aug 14, 2018, 10:38 PM

I haven't put him down once. I've discussed his stats and what they show... Period. I've never said he sucks, never said I don't like him, never said anything BUT his stats... Which apparently bother you to see discussed. Maybe you should take that up with him, not me. I didn't produce those stats, he did. And those stats are why many writers, several fans, and even the coaches are reiterating that the passing needs to improve...or did you miss Dabo and Scott both saying their challenge to the QB's has been to improve the passing from last year? Well, we aren't improving on TL's performance, or Chase's... Only one guy left.

Please, by all means Mr know it all... Post where I cut him down direct, not stat discussion. I'll wait

Message was edited by: Tigerman1978

Aug 14, 2018, 10:48 PM

Nope you post where you’ve ever took up for the kid. The kid that took us back to the playoffs when no one thought he would. I’ll wait with the crickets. Do you have your towel signed by TL yet. Lmao at you

Aug 14, 2018, 10:54 PM

I don't need to post where I have. I don't have to take up for him at all. Guess you missed that. Great he took us there...last year. Like Dabo says, that doesn't help THIS year. But I'll take it that means you can't prove your own accusation. And you said you were how old?

I'm happy where he got, I also know FSU was down and he barely made it out of the NC State game with a win, which was the next biggest contender on the Atlantic side. That type of history rarely repeats itself... And to think FSU couldn't get better is just stupid. I know what needs to improve to make things better THIS year, and have no problem discussing it. Apparently, you do. Like I said, take it up with the guy that produced those stats. I'm not him.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:01 PM

What stats??? Compared to who ??? Oh spring game maybe ??? Because you don’t have stats for this year. IF you’re talking about the spring game then you should be talking Brice lol. Love all tigers but got to get my old ### up and go to work in the AM

Aug 14, 2018, 11:15 PM

OK, Chase Brice 3 interceptions....oops. Had the MOST mistakes of all of them...and KB had the least yards of all 4. Trevor was the most consistent. Happy now?

But anyways:
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/KB-was-named-the-starter-23534668

User Logo
Tigerman1978
Orange Blooded [2949]
TigerPulse: 100%

Re: KB was named the starter
Posted: May 24, 2018 1:14 AM

Lol that's never been in debate... Fact is, he will be the starter on the Furman game, as long as no injuries occur. That's obvious to most people. But how long will his non improved passing hold Trevor off? Anyone with a brain knows Kelly won't be losing or clinching the spot in practice... It'll be settled on the field.

^there's an example in May of me saying he'd be the starter.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

And last year's stats of KB's 13 passing TD season, that's what I've discussed....you now, the season that was 24-30+ passing TD's less than Watson or Boyd's.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

Oh, and since you can't seem to provide an example of me dogging him straight up, not just discussing his stats...I'll just end this here by doing what you couldn't...accepting the challenge:
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-I-will-trust-Dabos-decision-regardless-23231466#23231466

Re: I will trust Dabo's decision regardless
Posted: Mar 7, 2018 3:22 PM

Because they won't throw Trevor in the fire starting day 1...and fact is, he still has to learn the system, be able to manage the game...and surpass Hunter Johnson and Chase Brice first. Kelly would have to do A LOT of messing up in practices leading up to game 1 to lose the spot before game 1. Typically, the spot of a Senior "took you to the playoffs" QB would be changed through the season as games dictate. He's earned his chance, and as long as he manages the game properly, you'll likely see the others game 1 after KB gets a big lead on Furman. In the end, it's Furman, not Alabama. I think Kelly showed he can lead a team through the FCS groups without a hitch. Kent State 56-3...Citadel 61-3. You really shouldn't be worried about game 1...or if Trevor is starter day 1. The story you need to watch with Trevor is if he ends up planted in spot 2 by game 1.

Oops...guess you lose.

Aug 14, 2018, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

Guess you'll figure out soon enough, I'm just playing devil's advocate to you sunshine pumpers who act like he has no improvements to make because of making it TO a playoff (though not winning it). I trust Bryant as a QB, just not sure he has the full skills he'll need by season end to finish it off the way it needs to be. Never have trusted his passing since his freshman year, and his first full year stats didn't help that much, regardless where the TEAM got (oh yeah, there's a defense in this team... You'd think you saw KB playing all 11 positions on both sides), nor did the spring game.

But feel free to read that post, where you'll see me defending he'd play game 1 and you don't want to throw Trevor in as a starter right off the bat to the wolves. Maybe that should be a nice humbling start to your next day, as you realize you may need bifocals so you don't miss a post.

Aug 14, 2018, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

But since you don't want to read me saying it, here, you can read CFB room discussing it...takes away some of you guys' theory about the dropped passes though:
https://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2018/01/16/kelly-bryant-2017-passing-chart/

Kelly Bryant’s downfield passing numbers severely limited Clemson’s big-play ability and appeared to play a role in the play calling. Bryant completed just 25.6 percent of his passes thrown 20 or more yards downfield, a huge dropoff from Watson’s 40 percent a season ago. Additionally, Bryant’s 43 pass attempts at 20+ yards downfield were less than half of Watson’s 90 attempts. In fact, Watson threw more touchdown passes 20+ yards downfield (13) than Bryant had total completions at that depth (11).

Bryant’s struggles as a passer weren’t limited just to deep throws, however. On attempts 10 or more yards downfield, Bryant completed just 46.3 percent of his throws, with eight touchdowns and five interceptions. Overall, Bryant’s average completion traveled just 5.6 yards in the air.

Some fans might be inclined to point out that Bryant was hurt by drops this season, which is true to an extent. Clemson’s leading receiver Deon Cain had a disappointing 12.5 percent drop rate. However, Bryant’s receivers only had an overall drop rate of 8.0 percent, which was actually an improvement from the 10.5 percent drop rate Watson suffered from a season ago.

One of the bright spots in Bryant’s season was his ability to handle pressure. He completed exactly 50 percent of his attempts under pressure (excluding throw aways) and averaged a respectable 6.3 yards per attempt. In total, Bryant was pressured 110 times in 2017 (24.3 percent of his total dropbacks). Including plays on which he scrambled, 35.4 percent of those pressures resulted in a gain of positive yards. That’s not quite on Watson’s level—he turned a remarkable 47.6 percent of his pressures into positive gains—but it’s a strong performance from a first-year starting quarterback.

Aug 15, 2018, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Some fans need to check themselves!! QBs again ]

armsb he is not a Kid. He's 21 or 22 years old. You sound like he is 8 years old and he's getting picked old by grownups. We all hope KB is much improved passing the rock. I hope this year he's twice as good as WATSON or MONTANA. If not I hope T-Law or Brice will bring it. If he doesn't I hope you turn out ok. Maybe football is too much for you. Maybe you should just sit home on Saturdays and get another whip apologist to kiss your Boo Boo and then sing KUMBAYA together. Peace

TBB- most T-Netters wish KB every success and if they don't

Aug 14, 2018, 9:55 PM

they are not real Clemson fans. As far as wishing KB plays bad, I have not read much of that. I have read that many people expect TL to have a much better passing game and a much higher ceiling, and I am in that camp. I also see a lot of angst and paranoia that 2018 will come and go and Bama could beat us again with physicality, 5-stars and the proven Tua - this would be a shame as the 2018 team (especially D-Line) IMHO is the best on paper in Clemson history when taking into account the G.O.A.T. DW4 is not on this team.

I understand TL will have to elevate his game from high school to college, but I believe the DB talent at the all-star camps he attended exceeds that of most ACC teams on the 2018 schedule, and his Clemson teammates are miles ahead of the WR talent TL played with in high school. I understand Swinney is managing team chemistry (better than any of us could) -- still I am all in on QB's splitting time knowing the buck stops with Dabo. I want to see this team have more QB options than last year's team.

So we will all see what happens next. Most importantly I am hoping both QB's stay healthy all year and Tigers roll into playoffs with a healthy team. So go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic