Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So...because a very small number of people can't #### where they want, NC is punished?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 978

So...because a very small number of people can't #### where they want, NC is punished?

Sep 14, 2016, 3:20 PM

I'm a libertarian at heart, but this is another level of stupid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So...because a very small number of people can't #### where they want, NC is punished?

Sep 14, 2016, 3:21 PM

why don't you go actually read the HB2 bill before posting such a stupid thread

Hey buddy, you wanna tell me what I'm missing?

Sep 14, 2016, 6:38 PM

I fail to see how I said was stupid. But thanks for being an Internet tough guy/gal. The language clearly prohibit transgendered people from using the multi-user restroom of there choice. Thanks for the feedback.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2/Bills/House/PDF/H2v4.pdf

Read the entire second part of the bill

Sep 14, 2016, 6:43 PM

You know, the half that has nothing to do with the bathroom.

Good Lawd, I read the whole thing. Geez.

Sep 14, 2016, 6:50 PM

It's(all the boycotting) about transgendered and their "right"(or denied right in this case) to use whatever bathroom they want per HB2.

No one cares what the second half says.

Re: So...because a very small number of people can't #### where they want, NC is punished?

Sep 14, 2016, 3:23 PM

I'm sure there's some very specific's in that bill that some people don't like. But the fact that the NCAA and ACC knelt down to the pressure of political correctness, makes me sick to my stomach

Sep 14, 2016, 3:29 PM

Exactly, the NCAA acts on something stupid like this, yet does nothing when UNC threatens the very integrity of college athletics. The NCAA is a joke.

progress***

Sep 14, 2016, 3:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The silent majority in this country has become gutless!!***

Sep 14, 2016, 3:24 PM

Or maybe, just maybe

Sep 14, 2016, 6:44 PM

They don't exist anymore.

I would imagine that a Libertarian would be able to

Sep 14, 2016, 6:50 PM

understand the power and influence of the almighty dollar bill and its role in the economic and political marketplace. Nothing will encourage NC more to re-think a bill that was mere political fluff than actual law than getting hit in the pocketbook by organizations and businesses that can choose to spend their dollars elsewhere. I'd hate to be a member of the NC legislature right now.

NC isn't being punished on behalf of the infringed political minority of sexually confused bathroom users... it is being punished for cashing in on the social movement and attempting to make a political statement in solidarity with what it thought was its voting majority. Notice how historically conservative states nearby (GA, SC) didn't pull the same move. GA proposed a bill and the film industry threatened to leave. The General Assembly knew where their bread was buttered and thought better of it. Here we are about six months after the fact, and it is a non-issue. At least in GA. It has continued to be an issue in NC b/c they never repealed the law.

Sep 14, 2016, 6:58 PM

the bathroom bill was never about transgender bathroom rights, it was about stripping labor rights and and making it illegal to use the state court system to file discrimination cases against employers. It does little more than serves the interests of large corporations that want to operate with impunity and violate worker rights with little to no recourse. The bathroom portion of the bill was just a shiny ball to keep the masses distracted and bickering while the real damage is being done behind closed doors. Nc residents will enjoy having their employers able to fire them for wearing jeans on silly tie friday, because when passed you can be fired for just about any reason outside of your performance and or attitude at your job. An employer can decide he does not like your hair, or the way you dress and can fire you and there would be nothing you could do about it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 978
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic