Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So...LSU is the 5th best in SEC, and TiGs 2nd in ACC..and 7
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

So...LSU is the 5th best in SEC, and TiGs 2nd in ACC..and 7

Dec 6, 2012, 10:04 AM

points divide us. This point spread always interested me in that in earlier Chick Bowls where Clemson played LSU, Auburn & MissST we lost even though we had one more win record going into the game than those teams.

Saying..SEC is a much better, tougher league than ACC..and it's been proven 3 of the 5 Chick games I've attended. The two times TiGERs won was a KY win in last seconds..and a real beat-down put on good #7 TN team. So, we went 2-3 if my memory serves me right.

With that info I can see why LSU being a 4-7 point favorite is about right..with a 25%-35% chance of Clemson winning.

What say you?!

GoTiGERs..Stand Up & FIGHT Boys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7 points? I see 3.5. But I see your point.***

Dec 6, 2012, 10:11 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So...LSU is the 5th best in SEC, and TiGs 2nd in ACC..and 7

Dec 6, 2012, 10:23 AM

Actually I think LSU is maybe the best team in the SEC. They hammered Bama, USC, and TAMU into submission but they were a little inconsistent. I think they are -3.5 better than any of the above as well as us.

Dec 6, 2012, 10:59 AM

LSU is as good as any in the SEC but they dominated no one on the score board. Their offense just has not been very productive.

With that in mind, I think TAMU is the hottest team in the country right now. No one should want to play them as they are going to put 40+ on anyone outside of an SEC defense.

probably half the chic-fila bowls we've been to -- we got in

Dec 6, 2012, 10:42 AM

because of our fanbase-- finishing around 4th or 5th in a 9 team league. We were paired against SEC teams that finished higher in their conf. Believe Auburn was SEC runner up one year; believe MSU was 10-2 and we were a 6-6 team when we played them. UT was considered 2nd or 3rd best team in SEC-similar to LSU this year(UT ranked #6 when we smashed them in ATL). Don't confuse pick vs. place of Chic-Fil-A selections-- only recently have we been upper tier of ACC when going there.

The numbers I read show LSU 4th in the SEC.***

Dec 6, 2012, 10:49 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2012, 10:55 AM

The LSU fans are ticked because they legitimately believed they had a NC type team this year. And really, LSU had Bama beat but for some reason totally changed their defense on Bama's last drive and gave up a td.

So even with their loss at UF, with a win against Bama then LSU would be playing for the NC (I think they would have beaten UGA).

Anyway, that is LSU's attitude going into the Chick Bowl and I think the team and their fans show up about half-inspired making for a close game or a Clemson win. Spread therefore seems about right.

The line is 3.5***

Dec 6, 2012, 11:39 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx guys for input...and yes, I like the 3.5 spread better!

Dec 6, 2012, 2:56 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rank LSU #3 behind 'Bama n' Fla. ***

Dec 6, 2012, 3:58 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic