Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Daddy Always Said, "Son, You Can't Make Chicken Salad....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,162

My Daddy Always Said, "Son, You Can't Make Chicken Salad....

Nov 26, 2012, 8:52 PM

Out of Chicken Chit". The bottom line is, our weakest link is our defense. Coach V has been here less then a year, and it takes more then a couple months to make things right. Our D is young, next year they will be older, wiser, and stronger. 2013 is our year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck yeah!

Nov 26, 2012, 8:56 PM

All these silly Tigers are forgetting that this was a rebuilding year, now aren't they @ 10-2?

I'll take 10-2 in such fasion in whatever conference that has any type standard any day.

I'm proud of our guys all the way around any board!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Daddy Always Said, "Son, You Can't Make Chicken Salad....

Nov 27, 2012, 8:12 AM

I agree somewhat, but our defense played good enough to win Sat night. We refuse to run the ball and it cost us. Even when we scored the second TD we did it on 2 plays and it put the defense right back on the field. I saw this the week before against NC State, the run was there and we kept throwing and it almost cost us. Before the chicken game started I saw we were giving up 24.7 points a game, I told my son if we give up 28 or less we win, we gave up 27. The defense should have played better and next year will be greatly improved, but our offense had bad play calling and some players that QUIT!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our defense did not play good enough to win Sat night...

Nov 27, 2012, 10:23 AM

They couldn't get off the field. Just because they didn't give up 40 points does not mean they played well. SCar converted more 3rd & longs then I'll ever care to remember. If anything, it was a true team loss- neither the offense or defense played well enough to win.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, after 4 3-and-outs and 2 5-and-outs by the offense

Nov 27, 2012, 10:51 AM

our defense did have a hard time getting off the field. Can't really blame them though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree! Here's how i see it!...

Nov 27, 2012, 9:31 AM

Not to make excuses...

1. You dont hire a coach that was never a Coordinator and expect him to be a Saban or Kelly...NT in third year.
There have been many great coaches that it took them their whole careers to get a nt. such as Bobby Bowden and Tom Osborne. I believe i read a recent article that shows dabo's record for his first 4 seasons better than these guys anyway. We're getting there, just be willing to take the slow steps of progression.

2. I believe the thing that worries us most is the fact that we did not beat one team that is pretty good. If VT, GT, AU, or NC ST had been 8 or 9 win teams we would feel a little better.
I believe we would beat 8 and 9 win (even sec teams) such as MSU, Vandy, Wisconsin, Mich...

3. Like you said Defense is hurting us... Dabo sees this.
As far as BV goes. I do think we look better than we did last year, and even better than we did at the beginning of the season.

4. We get a few more talented Def. players, give the ones we got another year in the system and we will be close to where we want to be.

5. Both our Offense and Defense should be better next year. Look at the teams that matter most next season on our schedule and thats not the case. GA, SC and FSU should take a step back, look at what they lose. FSU and UGA are at Clemson.

6. I say next year we will win ACC and Orange Bowl if we are not in title game. We will finish in the top 5.

7. If we win bowl game, probably vs. LSU we will finish in top 10 this year.

WE have to see progression! It's about progress not perfection.

Go tigers! End the season with a win over a top 10 SEC team, I believe we will!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're saying our players are sh!t?****

Nov 27, 2012, 10:15 AM

Re: So, you're saying our players are sh!t?****

Nov 27, 2012, 10:20 AM

Really when is this saying we are young gonna stop y'all have been saying it for a couple of years now. So what will the excuse be next year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I am NOT saying they are chit.....

Nov 27, 2012, 4:20 PM

it's just that our defense is not ready for "prime time" ... YET. They are young, key injuries in the "D" back corps, etc.

HOWEVER, to my eye, they seem to do better against the run then last year's crew, and they DO tackle better. Remember last year with all the arm tackles and the last second shuffling around like chicken's with their heads cut off before the snap, a sense of confusion?

Next year they will be older, wiser and STRONGER ... coach V will get it done!

We've been young for 14 years***

Nov 27, 2012, 4:21 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,162
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic