Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Very, very, very
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 111
| visibility 1

Very, very, very

Nov 26, 2020, 12:39 PM

Disappointed in Watson. Not that it matters but he is close to losing my support

Worse that capernick !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very, very, very

Nov 26, 2020, 12:41 PM

Well... why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 12:42 PM

Did you not watch the national anthem?

Nov 26, 2020, 12:54 PM

Have no idea what he did and don't want to know, that is one of the reasons I quit watching NFL. I am pretty sure if FORESTTIGER says it was bad..........it was cringeworthy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Nov 26, 2020, 1:07 PM

He was sitting on the bench with his head covered with a towel. Showing NO respect for the country that has made him a multi millionaire, very UnClemson like in my opinion. That is not the time to protest.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

2k® said:

Have no idea what he did and don't want to know, that is one of the reasons I quit watching NFL. I am pretty sure if FORESTTIGER says it was bad..........it was cringeworthy

Have to agree here.
But for those talking about a 226 year head start, well, my grandmother was 100% Cherokee, wish you could have the conversation with her grandparents about unfairness. That would be a eyeopener. Slavery was/is wrong at any level but it has been around since time began. But, in general, slaves were an asset, thus they were fed, clothed and protected to a great extent, now is that right, no, but it was a helluva lot better than what happened to Native Americans. Their land was stolen, their women raped and butchered, the men killed, and the children tortured and killed. Let's talk about the head start on my ancestors, oh wait, we don't ##### and moan. We adapted, overcame, and assimilated for the most part. Many fought and gave their lives for the very country that stole everything from them. My great-grandfather, my grandfather, my dad and myself all served this great country, never once have we asked anyone for anything or to disrespect the flag or the country it represents, we are Proud citizens of the US of Cherokee-Irish heritage. Don't even get me started on how the Irish immigrants were treated.

You can have an opinion, you have a right to express your opinion, but there is a proper place and time and during the national anthem isn't one of them. If you are ashamed of your country then find another country that will afford you the opportunity to be happy and successful as you can be here. I will wait on your success story and your new country of residence.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 3:20 PM

This whole proper place and time argument is bogus.

You boys can protest, but not where I have to see it crap.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

I love you and im cryin right now. God bless you and your family.

Nov 26, 2020, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

And before that the Cherokee were fighting with other native tribes. Many tribes and nations were enemies and had wars and skirmishes for hundreds of years. Stealing each others land, women and food supplies for the winter.
It just so happens that the Europeans caught them sleeping and at a disadvantage and won the property in wars. That is the way it was then and truthfully the way it has been since practically the dawn of man. They were looked upon as savages and pagans worshipping heathen gods.

Nov 26, 2020, 7:13 PM

People all over the world throughout history have killed other people and taken their land.
It’s particularly bad when white people did that because white people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

In 2020, white has become a synonym of bad...

Nov 26, 2020, 10:13 PM

& used a scapegoat for anything & everything under the sun; w/o examination, fearing the accusations of racism that will surely follow-

ISpeak

Nov 26, 2020, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

That is the most powerful commentary I have heard in my 60+ years. I’m so impressed with your strong, courageous and patriotic vision of this country. God bless you and yours.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Putting Watson and Kap. In the same statement is sick and twisted! They are nothing a like.

Nov 26, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

He went coot. Sat on his a during the anthem. His choice but I'm done with paying any attention to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that it matters to you...

Nov 26, 2020, 1:00 PM

But he appeared to be kneeling bedside the bench...not sitting.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

This Is the guy that gave his first paycheck to the cafeteria workers, took care of his mother with mouth cancer, and looks after his community. He is everything that is right about this world.

If you can't support him there is something wrong with you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 1:21 PM

“The evil that men do lives after them. The good is oft interred with their bones”. Shakespeare

I don't know of a more giving person than DW4. When did

Nov 26, 2020, 2:53 PM

DW4 not stand for the National Anthem? Today?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

evil??

ok einstein

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 26, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Forest,

I think evil is a bit much, don't you ?

Uh, oh brother***

Nov 26, 2020, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Nov 26, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

This Is the guy that gave his first paycheck to the cafeteria workers, took care of his mother with mouth cancer, and looks after his community. He is everything that is right about this world.

If you can't support him there is something wrong with you.

And if you agree with his sitting, you're no better off than he is!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

True, he supports those around him, but is disrespectful toward others.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:21 PM

which others ??

Nov 26, 2020, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Oh the irony. If not for America, if not for capitalism and democracy, he would not be in the NFL making that money to give those women!

Black athletes making tens of millions of dollars to play sports look like complete fools and idiots crying about oppression!

The NBA is even worse. Because those guys make billions off of China which is the worst human rights violator in the world, but they’re crying about oppression in America while making tens of millions of dollars. Actually some of them making hundreds of millions of dollars.

And they’re using smart phones and wearing tennis shoes made by slaves in China and many of them are Making millions of dollars to sell those phones and shoes made by those slaves! Talk about even more irony! People descended from slaves marketing products made by slaves!

Nov 26, 2020, 2:22 PM

What about non athletes. They're not saying it for themselves they're using their platform to bring awareness that things aren't the same for everyone in America and your response is a perfect example. I hope you have a great thanksgiving brother and don't let yourself get too worked up because you don't understand it simply because you haven't looked to understand it. You attempted to mock them but you literally missed the entire point and reason so your statement doesn't fit the bill as to what's going on.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:36 PM

What alternate reality are you living in? Everything‘s not fair in America for everyone. Really? No #### Sherlock! Here’s one for you. Good looking women have it better than ugly women. Fat women don’t date as many rich guys are skinny women. Short men have virtually zero chance of ever being president or CEO of a corporation. I could go on all day like this. What world are you living in where are you think the world is fair and everyone is equal?

That’s part of the irony of the fact that athletes are bitching and complaining because athletics is the perfect meritocracy. Only the cream of the crop rise to the top. Athletics are the exact opposite of a quality.

Everyone in America is equal under the law! That is all you can ever hope for. Because there is no such thing as in quality or fairness in the animal kingdom or the world and if it did exist America is the closest you’re ever going to find to achieving it. And democracy and capitalism are going to give the best chance for the most freedom and most opportunity for the most people.

A skinny good looking black woman has infinitely more advantages than a fat white woman. If you don’t understand that then you’ll never understand why these players and SJW‘s and everything woke is nonsense!

Nov 26, 2020, 2:43 PM

You are a idiot. I don’t know how to bring it down to you because you are a simple minded person. If we are in a race we have a 225 year head start on black people. They were slaves. What do you think happened to them after they were freed? Do you think they magically acquired wealth out of nowhere. No they stayed poured with no way out. Generation after generation stayed poured because they were viewed as less equal. Please show me they were not because you probably think that. You act like segregation ended a long time ago. It ended in the 60’s. News flash your dad was living then. So a group of people are selfish for being held back and living in poverty there whole life. How do you expect them to catch up? They are poor l, live in bad areas. Stay in your nice neighborhood with your head in the clouds. Yea 2020 it’s better but you think they should be caught up? There’s not many spots in professional sports. The ones who make it are advocating for the ones who didn’t.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:54 PM

Chuck,

Sometimes I worry that it will take us as longas slavery existed in this country to undo all of the damage that slavery caused - especially when so many Americans seem to want to avoid or attack efforts to create a more equitable society.

You're 225 yrs old? Flawed analogy otherwise****

Nov 26, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Nov 26, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Lowcountry,

I think Watson (and a lot of us) are of the opinion that we could be MORE equal before the law. We have some evidence to support our position. Perhaps it would be more clear to some of y'all, if short people were arrested more often, or got longer jail sentences for similar crimes, etc.

Some of what you point out about unfairness is true, but much of it is not and I think we should challenge ourselves to be as fair and equitable a society as we can possibly be.

I think it is honorable that athletes who do not suffer as much as others under these unfair circumstances choose to speak out for those who do have the wherewithal to.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

How do they look like fools when there are people who look just like them that are actually oppressed? They don’t do it for themselves, they do it for others. Please spare me the racism isn’t real speech.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:40 PM

Name one person oppressed in America. Who is oppressed in America?

And you’re so dense you totally missed the point! They’re saying black people. Black people are oppressed in America. No they are not. There are tons of successful black people in this country on Wall Street in accounting firms in law firms and they get called uncle Tom and they get called names by Democrats and people on the left because they dare be successful in a world that oppressors them of course unless they’re making millions as entertainers are athletes than that’s perfectly OK!

And of course you called me a racist because that’s all you really have because you know you’re full of #### and I’m right!

Charles Barkley speaks to high schools all the time. He has a little experiment that he talks about. Right before he leaves he always asks The same question. He has the students hold up their hand if they want to be a pro athlete. Then he says hold up your hand if you want to be a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer. If it’s a predominantly white audience 90% of the kids will hold up their hands to be a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer. If it’s a predominantly black student body 90% of them will hold up their hand to be a professional athlete. Do you have a far better chance of being a brain surgeon in America than a professional athlete.

Black people are not being oppressed by white people or the American Constitution or anything else in America. People of color come to this country every day but nothing but the calls on their back and not a penny in their pocket. Those people end up being more successful than the average white person in America. That my friend is exactly why the American dream exist and why this country is not even remotely racist!

Nov 26, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Oppressor? I expect an answer derived from the same rationale that argue election safeguards, such as the voter ID law, should be overturned b/c it may suppress votes.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Maybe he should give some of that money for better educating race relations for all races bc, disrespecting the freedom that's a given in this country, that only makes matters worse when millions are watching you disrespecting what is known as the best country in the world. I think that DW4 is forgetting the free college education for just playing a game where he was afforded some of the best FB coaching in the country. It also appears that he is forgetting his belief in God also bc, God isn't a fan of being vindictive/spiteful.

The world that we live in has racism around the globe, but in America we know how wide it exist, and Americans don't try to hide our racism, and we are making strides at conquering racism in America everyday, and I do believe we will conquer racism in America as soon as we accept that racism isn't only a negative behavior privy only of the white race, it's a negative behavior that affects all races regardless of the color of your skin. Honestly, I think that the white race has done more to correct the negative behavior of racism than any race in the world. If racism was pointed out as widely as it is with the white race, with all races, I truly believe that in 2020, the white race is less racist than any race in America!!! It's a fact that the white's that I've talked to about racism, 98% of them feel as I do, and that is they wish that blacks could find a way to get over past history, bc they don't hate bc of the skin color. They hate that bc they're white, they are singled out as being a racist bc they're white, and that is the truth in most cases!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 2:28 PM

It's a fact that the white's that I've talked to about racism, 98% of them feel as I do[/i

I'd bet the ranch that your sample is very, very, very ....UNSCIENTIFIC.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

He's not being spiteful, or vindictive and he's able to kneel because of the freedoms we have as Americans and you saying he can't or shouldn't have that free will is completely against what our country is built on and from even before the national anthem.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:44 PM

One. He doesn’t have to constitutional right to a protest when he’s in a uniform on the job. He only gets away with it because he has employer allows it.

Two. The people there saying that are the oppressors are the 50% of this country that voted for Donald Trump and It’s also those people that make up the overwhelming majority of college and professional sports fans in America and if not for them there would be no pro sports so the people they’re calling oppressors are the people putting money in their pocket!

Three. No one cares if they protest. Do it on your own time. Don’t disrespect the flag and the country and the constitution that protects the democracy and capitalism that allows them to play that sport and be rich! If you don’t understand that you’re letting your brainwashed racist liberal nonsense cloud your judgment from reality.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

allin,

Doesn't that great American FREEDOM include the freedom to petition for redress of grievances - which is what he is doing.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

allin,

Whattheactualfuck ???

Nov 26, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

With some of these reactionaries, one can live a admirable life, but if one disagrees with them politically - that's it, they are done with you.

Deshaun Watson is just as honorable a young man as he ever was. And now he is lending his sense of honor to causes of social justice and fairness.

Trump has made victims out of so many that all they can do

Nov 26, 2020, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

is #####, #### and moan about their imagined slights.

The loss of white privilege terrifies some people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

I texted Deshaun...he doesn’t care about your thoughts.

Sorry.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Haven't watched the " Not For Long" league this year. Could not care any less what they do.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:10 PM

It’s cute how you call it the not for long league when it’s still by far the most watched thing on television each time it comes on.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:52 PM

No accounting for taste these days.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Nope. Sure didn’t. That’s why I asked. It seems a lot of people on here go straight into their rant with out giving the proper context. Had no idea what you were referring to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 12:46 PM

I love him, but I definitely can't support his choice. I agree with another post on the board currently regarding standing for the anthem no matter what. I dont understand using the anthem as a platform to protest, but that's just me. Thank you to all who have fought and died for my freedom!! Happy Thanksgiving all and Go Tigers!

Nov 26, 2020, 1:53 PM

Well said sir!

Deshaun is in his own world now.

Nov 26, 2020, 12:58 PM

That was obvious when he never came to Dabo's defense when Dabo was being attacked by the media earlier this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deshaun is in his own world now.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:27 PM

Dabo never asked DW to come to his aid. Dabo is a grown man and
very capable of fighting back. DW would have if Clemson tried
to fire him for stupid reasons.

A man doesn't have to be asked to do the right thing.***

Nov 26, 2020, 1:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is a grown man. Again, how do you know that Dabo

Nov 26, 2020, 3:28 PM

didn't speak with DW4. This is a silly argument that none of us can prove one way or the other.

Exactly, I made a similar comment below regarding Dabo.***

Nov 26, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Deshaun is in his own world now. ]

How do you know this? Did Dabo comment on DW4 not

Nov 26, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Deshaun is in his own world now. ]

reaching out to him? Why would either of them feel compelled to make their discussions public.

Your choice...and I don’t judge you for it

Nov 26, 2020, 1:10 PM

Just wish both sides of this issue would take that same approach.

Re: Your choice...and I don’t judge you for it

Nov 26, 2020, 2:47 PM

This is not an issue! This is a narrative that is patently and 100% false and being used to tear this country apart by people that don’t like America that don’t believe in democracy that don’t believe in capitalism and while that is a tiny percentage of the population they use identity politics and lies and propaganda to manipulate the emotions of what Vladimir Lenin called useful idiots! The majority of liberals and Democrats in America are those useful idiots!

Nov 26, 2020, 3:00 PM

WAH !! Everybody that disagrees with me is an idiot !! Wah !!

Nov 26, 2020, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Your choice...and I don’t judge you for it ]

This is not an issue! This is a narrative that is patently and 100% false and being used to tear this country apart by people that don’t like America that don’t believe in democracy that don’t believe in capitalism and while that is a tiny percentage of the population they use identity politics and lies and propaganda to manipulate the emotions of what Vladimir Lenin called useful idiots! The majority of liberals and Democrats in America are those useful idiots!

Idiot that calls others idiot is still an idiot....

Nov 26, 2020, 1:15 PM

Your support or disagreement doesn’t carry any weight when you can’t understand the reason. That’s why he does it and he doesn’t need your approval for it and why he does it. So that the people who feel how great this country is see others aren’t seeing it the same way and decide to educate themselves on how things are different from their perspective and how we as Americans can make things better. So if people just see him sitting for the anthem and hate the action and drop their support for the person without understanding the reason they’re doing so it’s a good example as to why players choose to do it. Deshaun is a great person and a caring person and him feeling this strongly should open your eyes to it not close them.

Well if Biden steals this election through fraud

Nov 26, 2020, 1:18 PM

I won't be standing for the National Anthem either. My country, my right.

The Republican Senate members in Pennsylvania, Michigan,

Nov 26, 2020, 3:35 PM

Georgia, Wisconsin, Arizona, and Nevada have ALL said there is no evidence of fraud in any of their state elections. The Republican judges in both Pennsylvania, and Michigan scolded Trump and his attorney's for not have ANY evidence of election fraud.

Keep whistling past the graveyard.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:31 PM

You obviously have missed the past 24 hours. Buckle up and drink heavily. You will need it.

i Heard Trump’s little speech. He said the same thing

Nov 26, 2020, 11:38 PM

before the call with Pennsylvania Senators. You must be blind to the truth to still believe anything coming out of his mouth. The states have certified the elections. Drop the banana, I feel sorry for you that you still believe anything he says.

Trump has no proof of voter fraud, because there is no voter fraud.

Re: The Republican Senate members in Pennsylvania, Michigan,

Nov 26, 2020, 7:45 PM [ in reply to The Republican Senate members in Pennsylvania, Michigan, ]

It is not matter of any of evidence. Their is so much evidence of election fraud, it is hard to know where to begin. Welcome to Venezuela, if sleepy Joe pulls off this fraud.

You guys are crazy. There is nothing to see here

Nov 26, 2020, 11:42 PM

Because if there was, Trump should have taken the information to the Michigan and Pennsylvania courts. Republican judges from both courts scolded Trump and his people the last two weeks for not having any evidence of voter fraud to provide the court.

Lol***

Nov 26, 2020, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Well if Biden steals this election through fraud ]

Nov 26, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

SethSlyy said:

Your support or disagreement doesn’t carry any weight when you can’t understand the reason. That’s why he does it and he doesn’t need your approval for it and why he does it. So that the people who feel how great this country is see others aren’t seeing it the same way and decide to educate themselves on how things are different from their perspective and how we as Americans can make things better. So if people just see him sitting for the anthem and hate the action and drop their support for the person without understanding the reason they’re doing so it’s a good example as to why players choose to do it. Deshaun is a great person and a caring person and him feeling this strongly should open your eyes to it not close them.

There is NO reason for not showing proper respect for the National Anthem!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 26, 2020, 2:00 PM

All he's asking by not standing is to respect and all American people like you do for a song. Clearly that being an issue is why it's needing to be addressed wouldn't you say.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Wow! People like you are really stupid. Life is not fair. Life is not easy. White people have plenty of problems too. There are more poor white people in America than they are the total number of black people. If 75% of black kids weren’t being raised by single mothers or grandparents they wouldn’t be so much poverty in the black community. Most of the problems in the black community our problems created by black people and before CNN became the enemy of the people Don lemon went on a rant saying Bill O’Reilly didn’t go far enough in blaming the black community for creating their own problems and he made a list of five things black people do that they need to stop doing before they even think about blaming other people for their problems.

There is no oppression in America. There is no systemic racism in America. Are there some racist people? Yes. And black people are more racist than white people today in America.

Clearly you’re under 40 years old and are not old enough to have been around and seen the changes and seeing hell there’s more BS today than in the 80s thanks almost 100% to the Internet and social media. You have been and you are being brainwashed and don’t even realize it!

Nov 26, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Oh bs, the kneeling protest is about stating how unjust this country is. Total garbage. I’m white and have been mistreated by cops many times in the past. But it started when I put myself in a bad situation. It’s not a system, there are just bad actors.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

Seth,

So many people don't seem to understand that one can be patriotic about America and still want America to do better. In fact, this is the best thing about America - that we have constantly challenged ourselves to get better. That is the only way that greatness can be achieved or maintained.

Imagine what would happen to our Tigers if they didn't show up to work everyday dedicated to the idea of getting better - if they sat around and beat their chest about how many championships they had already won, instead of the ones yet to be won.

Let’s assume they quit playing it, which they probably won’t,

Nov 26, 2020, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

And the athletes lost their platform. Then, would they seek their own. I have serious doubts.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:23 PM

Take a deep breath and think about your anti feelings toward
a Clemson ex Qb that engineered us back to being a respected
team. DW is a humble person and he is a patriot. He is in a
different environment now, where people threaten your family
etc. It isn't a sin to sit while the anthem is being played,
He just doesn't want any problems.

Message was edited by: irmotig®

This is confusing. I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.

Nov 26, 2020, 1:29 PM

The first part is clearly along the lines of us having no right to criticize this decision since DW was a great Clemson player. That’s obviously laughable but not shocking thinking.

The rest of your post...threatens him? Who? People demanding he kneel? People demanding he not kneel? What is that even about? He doesn’t want any problems? What problems? From whom? You almost make it sound like he’s kneeling because that’s the easiest thing for him to do?

And I’m not sure where anyone said kneeling was sinful behavior, but I might have just missed it?

null

Re: This is confusing. I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:20 PM

You seen what I posted idiot so don't come on like you are some sort
of antifa bad a$$. Read it again swalarly and don't mess with
Watson..I stand for the flag,I served honorably for my country
and I'm not afraid of an two legged animal on this earth but
DW has his reasons and that's alright with me. I don't agree
with him but he has a right to do it.

Your posts are all over the place. I have no better

Nov 26, 2020, 8:48 PM

understanding of your point after this second post. I do see that you’re angry, so I apologize for that.

null

Nov 26, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

First, that was one of the dumbest most incoherent and most ignorant things I have ever read on Tiger net and I read really stupid stuff on here every day!

Second, I don’t care as a Clemson grad and proud alum whether he graduated from Clemson or not. People like you using that kind of logic show how you lack any ability to think critically. If he was drowning puppies are driving drunk and killed a family I walked up with someone and blew their brains out would you still be supporting him because he won a national championship at Clemson? Right is right and wrong is wrong. He is wrong! That’s not opinion. It’s fact. Because everything these guys are protesting is nonsense proven by the fact that they’re black and making tens of millions to play a game and the fact that the money they’re making is overwhelmingly coming from the hard earned paychecks of the 50% of this country that voted for Donald Trump and that they call racist!

Third, I’m on American before I’m a Clemson grad. I’m lucky enough to be a Clemson grad because of capitalism, democracy, and the American Constitution. Everything that they think is oppressing pressing them! When in fact it’s the reasons they are rich!

Fourth, Watson is not exactly a genius. He thinks The statue of Thomas Green Clemson in front of Tillman hall is John C Calhoun. Frankly, the less that guy talks the better. He makes himself and Clemson look bad!

Nov 26, 2020, 3:07 PM

Lowcountry,

Speaking of not making any sense and embarrassing Clemson, you might want to read back over your hastily and emotionally dictated posts.

Nov 26, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

You are comparing apples to oranges..if Watson did something that
was totally anti American I could understand it but he isn't at
Clemson any longer and you shouldn't judge him for not standing.
I stand, I served my country, did you? You are a ###$ idiot so
let it go.

PS..I'm talking to you lowcountry

So you dislike anyone who has an opinion other than yours? ****

Nov 26, 2020, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you dislike anyone who has an opinion other than yours? ****

Nov 26, 2020, 1:39 PM

You confuse sinful activities with patriotism. There is a big difference in my opinion. There are many avenues that a professional athlete can travel if he has an agenda that he wishes to announce. Disrespecting America is NOT one of them. But, an athletic field does give you a big audience!

Nov 26, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to So you dislike anyone who has an opinion other than yours? **** ]

This not a case of "an opinion other than yours." It's a case of loyalty and respect for those who paid the price!!!

Nov 26, 2020, 3:12 PM

Flat,

I don't know about you but I know a number of veterans who understand quite clearly that they fought for the freedom to petition for a redress of grievances. They would look at Watson's protests as an embodiment of those rights for which they fought. Please don't speak for them without knowledge of their position.

Perhaps we could all show more support for our actual Constitution and Bill of Rights than for some symbolic song.

Nov 26, 2020, 7:49 PM

Thank you

Nov 26, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to So you dislike anyone who has an opinion other than yours? **** ]

It’s not about opinion. It’s about when and where and how you expressed that opinion. They wear a uniform they are at work they do not have the right to protest while wearing that uniform and standing on that field while television cameras are rolling. If anyone else did that besides rich black men being paid to play a sport they will be told to stop in if they continued they would be fired. They can protest all they want seven days a week 365 days a year other than when they wear that uniform and stand on the sidelines. And they do not have the constitutional right to do that. They are only being allowed to do that because their employers allow it. If you don’t understand that then you do not know the constitution.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:15 PM

Lowcountry,

Then why don't you let The Houston Texans deal with it instead of bloviating all over the place ?

Nov 26, 2020, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: So you dislike anyone who has an opinion other than yours? **** ]

He doesn't have the right? Based on what? The Texans and NFL can ask him not to. And they can offer consequences for those actions, but he still absolutely has the right.

Can't fix stupid... No need to try with him.***

Nov 27, 2020, 2:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 1:45 PM

Just signed a mega million contract. He sure has a lot to be upset about

Nov 26, 2020, 3:16 PM

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. MLK

I love Deshaun Watson and I love freedom of speech.***

Nov 26, 2020, 1:51 PM

and I’m in the military and my father is buried at Arlington. Love this country.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: If Watson was an ex

Nov 26, 2020, 2:00 PM

Gamecock you all would be crucifying him for being disrespectful to our country. But since he isn’t, you support his actions.
Sorry I brought up the discussion

Re: I love Deshaun Watson and I love freedom of speech.***

Nov 26, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I love Deshaun Watson and I love freedom of speech.*** ]

and I’m in the military and my father is buried at Arlington. Love this country.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for your service sir..
And your father is a hero to this country..

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well..

From a son of a Korean war veteran..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing will unify our country better than

Nov 26, 2020, 1:53 PM

pi$$ing off at least half of the population.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disappointed too...

Nov 26, 2020, 2:29 PM

...guess the league has gotten to him.

I was surprised the league showed the anthem, i though they just stopped doing it to eliminate the controversy.

any plubicity is good plubicity

Nov 26, 2020, 5:21 PM

I've been disgusted with spoiled rotten professional athletes for a long time. They won't get my money, but if people are willing to support their multi-million dollar lives more power to them

Were you standing at home?***

Nov 26, 2020, 2:36 PM

Re: Were you standing at home?***

Nov 26, 2020, 2:59 PM

I have seen many, many games in DV and I can’t recall a Clemson fan refusing to stand.... regardless of their race!
The NFL should not be any different.
It’s just what you do.

Re: Were you standing at home?***

Nov 26, 2020, 3:17 PM

Forest,

There are places in America other than DV.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:13 PM

Why doesn't the NFL at least have the decency and guts to do like colleges and play the national anthem
before they come out to the field? Then fans would not have to watch them disrespect the flag of our country. And no matter how they try to twist it around and phrase it it is DISRESPECT.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:18 PM

I DISAGREE !!

This country is great because Watson CAN kneel

Nov 26, 2020, 3:19 PM

and protest. It's part of what makes us who we are. You're choosing not to like it or not watch another game Watson plays in fine, I'll respect your opinion/reasoning.

I am just glad we live in a country where we can protest and heck even burn the flag if we want to. I am not saying I agree with or even like any of these forms of protests. I simply respect the right of people to do it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This country is great because Watson CAN kneel

Nov 26, 2020, 4:37 PM

Pacific Tiger...I think u and I may differ in thought on a lot of things, but I totally agree with this. I don’t like that folks feel that kneeling during the anthem is an appropriate protest, but It absolutely shows our greatness and our freedom.!!

Nov 26, 2020, 3:48 PM

It is disappointing, but DW4 has no allegiance to me and I have no allegiance to him. He is a grown man and can make his own decisions. I don't think that makes him evil... young people with unlimited money sometimes make questionable decisions.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

That's awful "pig" of you to say Watson isn't evil

Nov 26, 2020, 3:55 PM

sorry I couldn't help it. I will show myself out now =).

Oh no!

Nov 26, 2020, 4:14 PM

Watson, who doesn’t even know who you are, is probably going to be crushed that he’s close to losing your “support” (which is what, exactly?).

badge-ringofhonor-elscorcho.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 5:46 PM

A whole lot of triggered snowflakes in here based on someone expressing their right to free speech.

Nov 26, 2020, 8:01 PM

A whole lot of triggered snowflakes in here based on someone expressing their right to free speech.

No one here I see is a snow flake. We would just like to have a decent traditional thanksgiving where we can sit down, take a breath from all the elections, politics, coronavirus, racial garbage and all the other wrong shat in the world and watch a fracking sport in peace without having shat crammed down our throats for 1 freaking day! FFS!

Nov 26, 2020, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Very, very, very ]

No one here I see is a snow flake. We would just like to have a decent traditional thanksgiving where we can sit down, take a breath from all the elections, politics, coronavirus, racial garbage and all the other wrong shat in the world and watch a fracking sport in peace without having shat crammed down our throats for 1 freaking day! FFS!

Nov 26, 2020, 11:45 PM

It's so nice not to give a hoot about pro sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not agreeing or disagreeing

Nov 27, 2020, 4:20 AM

But isn't that part of what makes this country great? A man has the ability to peacefully protest against whatever he believes the government is about? We are mt an autocracy that demands total loyalty irregardless of what someone may think, thus his sitting is a sign of America is great. I'm not arguing for or against this, just saying that he has the right to do so, & he is expressing his right. That doesn't make him a bad person or evil.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Replies: 111
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic