Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So who is going to the Clemson/Sakerlina game on 11/30?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

So who is going to the Clemson/Sakerlina game on 11/30?

Nov 13, 2013, 12:18 PM

I've got my ticket, upper deck in the sakerlina section, got it from a family member who has season tix. Who else is going?

And reasonably how should I expect the fans around me to act?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So who is going to the Clemson/Sakerlina game on 11/30?

Nov 13, 2013, 12:25 PM

You act OK, they will as well.

I will be there standing tall for the Tigers!

Nov 13, 2013, 12:26 PM

I don't let them bother me. Of course I don't go looking for trouble. My focus is only on the Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been my experience the last three trips there.

Nov 13, 2013, 12:29 PM

You should expect the people around you to be complete and total ########.

Last time I went I was sitting with a Carolina fan in his season ticket seats. He apologized all night about the behavior of the people around us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

I'll be there

Nov 13, 2013, 12:31 PM

Sitting with the coots as well. Buddy has season tix. wish me luck!

Nov 13, 2013, 12:32 PM

You wont hear much from them because the Tigers Will win

I've been to 4-5 games in WB. 2 Clemson

Nov 13, 2013, 12:35 PM

Expect the fans to act like complete trash. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but that's never been my experience - and it's not like they act like trash just when we come to town. Honestly, inside the stadium isn't as bad as tailgating/walking in/leaving. It's not fun though, seriously. And I'm debating going also. I do think if we come and punch them in the mouth early, they might be shut up. And if the team punches them in the mouth early, same thing.

:)

Re: I've been to 4-5 games in WB. 2 Clemson

Nov 13, 2013, 12:40 PM

Can you elaborate? Talking trash etc doesn't bother me, just dont want drinks and trash thrown on me lol.

Sure - I posted this story once before, but my last trip to

Nov 13, 2013, 12:51 PM

WB was for the UGA/SC game. UGA was ranked pretty high (and was the overwhelming points favorite) and SC had just recently ended that 21 game losing streak. My buddy (a giant UGA fan) got tix for his birthday. Quincy Carter threw 5 picks or something in that game. My buddy was decked out in Georgia gear from head to toe and I was dressed neutral, in khakis and a collared shirt or something. Anyway - we had several drinks poured on us, nearly every single fan near us barked at us incessantly and my buddy was spit on (by a college-aged girl) as we were leaving. And on I-26 leaving Columbia, a car threw a closed beer can at his jeep and cracked the windshield (he had UGA flags on his car). Not joking at all. That was 10-12 years ago? - so maybe it's gotten better since then. I haven't been back since. (I went as a kid with my family to a few Clemson/Carolina games and had similar, although not quite as bad, experiences). I am considering going this year though - that's their M.O. - to intimidate fans from opposing schools into not showing up there. The worst thing we can do is show that it works. Although I'm afraid this time I'd probably fight back and wind up in cuffs. My gf (an attorney and huge Clemson fan also) has strongly debated me against going, so it's still up in the air. My only advice would be not to drink much, since you WILL be heckled and probably want to keep a level head...

I have been to every Clemson game there since 1983 and the

Nov 13, 2013, 12:58 PM

only thing I have ever encountered in tailgaiting and cheering for the Tigers in the stadium-even in the middle of them--was a bunch of loud mouths. UGA was much worse as far as how Clemson fans are treated. I guess we all have individual experiences.

I will say the hill-billy act by some of the cheerleaders in front of me was annoying in 1997 until we beat them down.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had to look it up: 9/9/2000. So it's been 13 years.

Nov 13, 2013, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Sure - I posted this story once before, but my last trip to ]

Hard to believe it's been that long! Maybe it's gotten better. For their sake, I hope it has, but I'm not too optimistic.

Re: Sure - I posted this story once before, but my last trip to

Nov 13, 2013, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Sure - I posted this story once before, but my last trip to ]

Sounds about right!!

i'll be there

Nov 13, 2013, 12:59 PM

32 chicken kickinga in a row. Prepare to be embarassed for your fellow humans.

Got my ticket, upper deck in the Clemson section east stands***

Nov 13, 2013, 1:03 PM

$CU fans are mouthy and obnoxious but harmless

Nov 13, 2013, 1:04 PM

If they are winning the mouthing will get worse.

If they are losing, you will be sitting alone in that section becasue they will walk-out on their team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 13, 2013, 1:05 PM

I last went to a Clemson-USC game in WB in 1985. Swore then I would never set foot back in that place again. (I broke that promise only when Lexington HS played in the state championship game 10-12 years ago.)
I know that every school has their "bad apple" fans but dang-they got a whole orchard full of'um in Columbia! I was just glad that the Tigers won that day. 28 years later, have not regretted my decision to not go back to a college game there.
Go Tigers!

Nov 13, 2013, 1:10 PM

I think the general rule for most away games is if you're not drunk and looking for trouble you won't have many problems outside a little trash talk. I've been to a lot of away games and the only exception I've encountered was the Orange Bowl two years ago. Just walking past WV fans not even making eye contact and I had stuff thrown at me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be there***

Nov 13, 2013, 1:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Haven't attended since 2007 but have lost all but 1 since SO

Nov 13, 2013, 1:21 PM

should attend so to start our "1" streak!

GoTiGERs..keep kicking b*tt & git er done in WillieB!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2013, 1:25 PM

Hopefully you will get around some nice fans. We've had some horrible experiences there, so good luck!

Nov 13, 2013, 1:39 PM

It's life, depends on who you sit next too in any stadium, or anything else in life

I heard an old lady ripping a nice grocery store clerk at Publix the other day, did I think all old ladies in Publix were rude?

Look at this site, some use bad language, some would never, some get fired up over little things some never let anything bother them

You could sit in WB next to a jerk as easily as you could sit next to one in DV, Sanford, etc

Huge college football fan and been to most ACC and SEC stadiums with friends and family just to experience as much as possible. The only one I can say I never heard anything negative was Bama. From the time we parked to the time we left nothing but nice folks offering tailgate food and drinks next to us, friendly inside stadium, friendly after the game, etc.

This was right after they won a national champ and were out of the gutter of a few years so maybe they were just happy to be back on top, I took it as they are just used to winning.

Now Bama, Clemson, Tenn, UGA, USC all have tons of fans that never set foot on the campus as a student and it is usually those wackos who give them all a bad name as fans, you know, you have seen them around town wherever you live

The ones with some dignity and class actually buy tickets and go to games. Obviously some are given tix or buy them on the open market and get in the stadium. You can't keep them all out

Of course the SC fan is going to talk nice about Bama...

Nov 13, 2013, 2:00 PM

"Oh, glorious Alabama. We were wined and dined, the finest of caviar; nothing is too good for the best of the SEC. To drink? Beer, you say? How Plebian. Not in Alabama! No sir, champagne, bottled specifically for Nick Saban himself. But he's not a glutton - no, the good sir came through the crowd and poured us all a glass. His toast was something I'll cherish for a lifetime: "to friendship, to sportsmanship, but especially to the SEC..."

blah blah - we get it....

Ever been to a game there?*****

Nov 13, 2013, 9:37 PM

Can't swing it with Thanksgiving. I've only been there once

Nov 13, 2013, 2:03 PM

and it was the Buccholz FG winning kick. I didn't run into any issues, just don't act like a d1ck and generally you won't have a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Nov 13, 2013, 2:20 PM

As a Carolina graduate, I hope you have a good experience (beside the game's outcome, of course). Your experience (as I would guess at most colleges) can be somewhat dictated by where you park and where you sit. Park near the drunken frat lots, you might get some heckling. Tailgate in Gamecock Park (formerly the Farmers Market), it should be fun. If you sit in the East Upper, there could be more mouthing as they are "the last sold" tickets. The West Lower is usually a different ballgame. Unfortunately, there are jerks at every stadium who find their way to take cheering to animosity. I would simply encourage you (or everybody) to pull hard, but keep it within the lines to set an example...when I'm around "those folks", I remind them that my son is often with me and we're setting the tone for how he'll act when he's the drunken frat kid in a few years!

I have been to the Clemson/Carolina game at both sites for about the last 15 years. In my last 3 trips to Clemson, I've had a beer dumped on me, my car hit by a drunk driver, my car flags ripped of my car, and my wife heckled inappropriately. HOWEVER, I think Clemson is one of the best college campuses and most family-friendly places to see a game in the country. I only share that, as the moral of the story is to not let a few knuckleheads set the experience for you. I just happened to be around a rare couple of oddballs at Clemson, you could end up with our fair share in Columbia - I've been disappointed to witness those same acts around Williams Brice. But for your sake, I hope you miss those characters.

In the end, most of us all are neighbors, have kids in the same schools, and work in the same businesses. While I certainly wouldn't refrain from ribbing my buddies at a Carolina win, the core themes are that we are friends, buddies, and fellow Palmetto folks. When either team loses sight of that, we've failed. If I can give you any advice on where to go/sit/visit/eat, please let me know. Happy to help.

USCcock01

Well guess what Scooter. I wouldnt go back to your cess pool

Nov 13, 2013, 2:31 PM

If Dabo let ME play.

I had a 55 year old man, with his wife next to him and his daughter next to her, tell me in the parking lot @ 1130am 3 years ago when he was trying to sell 2 tickets that i was trying to buy above face value for my neice and nephew that he wouldnt
" sell these ma fratchet fratchet tickets to any piece of fratchet sheet for fratchet fratchet GD fratchet reasons to any fratchet fratchet wearing fratchet orange...

I looked at my neice. I said " You should thank the Lord for the father you have. You should pray for her for the one she has "

Fratchet Columbia

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice. You're an endangered species, sir...

Nov 13, 2013, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: So who is going to the Clemson/Sakerlina game on 11/30? ]

A gamecock with class!

There are perfectly reasonable USuC fans then

Nov 13, 2013, 2:30 PM

there are some of the worst fans in the world. I hope you're sitting next to reasonable ones.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 13, 2013, 5:02 PM

I'll be there for the 6th consecutive time, every USC/Clemson game since '03. Went as a student and now as an alum, and in general I've not really encountered anything much worse than most road trips. Don't go looking for trouble and you probably won't find it, and if someone is a bit out of line just ignore them and they'll go away. In the stadium I've sat among the USC fans a couple of times and really had no issues.

Nov 13, 2013, 5:07 PM

Best advice I can give is don't be a #### while your tigers are getting stomped out. Not going to say it's going to be a pleasurable experience in Willy B, but you probably won't get pissed on...probably

I haven't missed a Clemson/Carolina game since 1972.

Nov 13, 2013, 5:15 PM

Home or away.

Experience has shown that sitting with your own colors makes the game more enjoyable.

If you are expecting to be treated like family amidst coot fans, then think again. My advice would be to:
1) Wear your colors proudly
2) Cheer for your team loudly
3) Have thick skin
4) Don't interact with those who yell insults at you
5) If Clemson wins, find your colors and celebrate until they close tje stadium
6) If Caroina wins, get out of the cesspool AQAP.

Nov 13, 2013, 10:13 PM

Will be there as well as Sunday v. the basketball Coots.

Quit talking about the coots.

Nov 13, 2013, 10:35 PM

I know this is redundant but why are we focused on the coots (at least 2 to 1 posts to our next game). GT is not a bad team and if they find a way to beat us, our BCS is out regardless of what happens in in ColumButtia. Quit talking about scrawney chickens and worry aobut us. We will take care of them when the time comes.

Because T-net influences so many games if we're not focused***

Nov 13, 2013, 11:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get real!

Nov 13, 2013, 11:13 PM

They are going to treat you like Crap! If Clemson playes like they did two years ago, you will leave that stadium feeling very sick and will not return anytime soon. I don't see Clemson winning that game, but I hope I am wrong. But plan on getting ill and having them rub thumbs in your face all night. I hope Tajh can do something though.

Re: Get real!

Nov 14, 2013, 12:11 AM

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/williams-brice-stadium-tough-venue/

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic