Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So who has asked to be laid off to make more..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So who has asked to be laid off to make more..

Apr 8, 2020, 10:40 PM

Money to sit on your butt and do nothing. Our government is full of a bunch of idiots. Trillions with the CARES Act we are talking here.

If you worked in the restaurant or hospitality industry making $14 an hour, you are now making the equivalent of $44,000 or so a year with your unemployment percentage payout plus your $600 a week through 7/31 at least. Why in the world would you want to go back to work when you can live off the other tax payors? Worse yet, what if you were one of the “lucky” hourly associates that was not temporarily laid off. Now you get to watch you colleagues sit around and do nothing to collect almost double what you are making.

Now employers are put in a position when we get past this thing and they want to call back their employees, the employees are not going to want to return to work. The employers will look like the bad guys for then denying the unemployment claims.

Just a hot mess that was not vetted before it was passed and that Trump signed off on. Note: I lean right. But the government and president really really screwed up with this bill.

Message was edited by: COTIGER1®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So who has asked to be laid off to make more..

Apr 8, 2020, 10:55 PM

Tight spot to be caught in. Some ok provisions but stuffed with pork/unassociated items. One guy tried to slow it down and well...he’s da devil now. One side slowed it down with BS, then dared the other side to slow it down by standing on principle. Unfortunately none with the cajones and/or a perfect out. Here we are.

Apr 8, 2020, 11:13 PM

Written by reps and donald before dems got a chance to add their flavor. Love the tax break for people dealing with real estate deals of $500,000 and above. Not many of us get that help.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 12:20 AM

Ret1943. There was a bipartisan agreement put together in the Senate (already pork ridden), then Pelousy showed her face. Donald does not write bills. He assuredly can communicate wishes to members of Congress but in the end he can only approve or veto.

Apr 8, 2020, 11:34 PM

Most people in this country that want to live off the taxpayers were doing so way before this happened. I think most will go back to work, assuming their employer is not out of business.

Apr 9, 2020, 12:23 AM

I think you are correct. It might me nice for them and a tough pill to swallow for the rest in the short term, but this teat has an expiration date (hopefully).

Apr 9, 2020, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: So who has asked to be laid off to make more.. ]

I had to lay my crew off because they were all whining about wanting unemployment and working super slow.

I am not sure the restaurants will open by summer

Apr 9, 2020, 7:12 AM

If they do it won't be the same.

Maybe for just a few months the service personnel will have enough money to go to a restaurant rather than just serve there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 8:09 AM

If it is the $600 that is kicking it over the top, I would assume they would want to go back to work after 7/31. No?

Apr 9, 2020, 10:54 AM

I'm thinking if you want to work after the unemployment ends better take your job back beforehand if you can and before someone else takes it.

Apr 9, 2020, 9:03 AM

Our Senators tried to get the bill changed so that people would get “up to” their full salary but not more so that there was not an incentive to lay people off...they were called every name in the book and soundly defeated.

That extra $600? Not happening yet...the Feds are still trying to figure out how to make that happen. It could be several more weeks until they get a process in place from what I was told.

I didn’t have any ask to be laid off, but I had several that were relieved when it happened.

I am curious since I am a business owner/Pharmacist

Apr 9, 2020, 10:23 AM

Do you think they were more relieved about making more money, making any money or the fact they were not deemed essential and could be with their families. I really feel badly about the cashiers on the front lines of grocery stores.

And according to Publix employees here in Tampa, those

Apr 9, 2020, 10:33 AM

“front line” grocery folks we’re not allowed to wear masks until earlier this week - on Tuesday the leadership at Publix in Lakeland said that folks in the stores could wear masks. Up until then they were told they couldn’t wear masks.

All this according to (2) Publix employees I spoke to on Monday & Tuesday in the store.

Seems kinda wild.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I am curious since I am a business owner/Pharmacist

Apr 9, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I am curious since I am a business owner/Pharmacist ]

They were glad that they could stay home with family (kids home from school particularly) and knowing that they weren’t taking a pay cut. I don’t think making more really had much to do with it. Most of the staff won’t be making more in unemployment...

They’re all essential to us but when the patient load drops like it has we can’t afford to keep them working. By next week we’ll probably be down to 3 people on staff total...out of the 30 we had in February.

I do hate to hear that -- Patient load has become feast or

Apr 9, 2020, 11:03 AM

famine it would seem. Elective procedures paid a lot of bills and now hoping business in hospitals don't boom because that is not good either. Bad times!

Apr 9, 2020, 11:32 AM

I believe that if you are drawing unemployment and your
company calls you back, you either go or your checks stop.
The employers have to approve of your lay off every week.

Trump had to sign off on it because of partisan support
and the fact that you have to give a little to get a little.

Apr 9, 2020, 12:51 PM

I had an employee tell me he was quitting so he could collect all that unemployment money. Not sure you can quit your job and collect it but there are plenty of pieces of trash out there who will take advantage of this and get paid to do nothing.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic