Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I bet no one beats me how far you travel to the playoff!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I bet no one beats me how far you travel to the playoff!

Dec 17, 2018, 8:42 AM

I already have my tickets booked--flights for my wife, my almost-2-years-old daughter and me from Thailand to the Dallas. Hotels booked, but no tickets yet though. LOL

I've been a Tiger, maybe not as long as many of you, for 23 years. As a Tiger, I told myself that, whenever Clemson won the 2nd national title, I would be right there in the stadium no matter what. And so, my wife and I went to the playoff in Miami (that was fun) and the final in 2015. I hoped that was the year, but you know what happened.

Then, there went the 2016 season, but, as you can see from above, my daughter will be 2 years old this January 16th. As much as I love Clemson, it still wouldn't take me away from my wife and soon-to-be daughter. I cried when Leggett made that catch with seconds left in the game as I so wanted that national title. And at the same time, I was worried that my wife would go into labor because of the excitement. (I have to admit that I wanted to finish the game. LOL)

So, I guess this is the year to make up for it. Hope the Tigers will come through for me and my family. Next year or the year after is not an option as we're expecting another baby next July! :)

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bet no one beats me how far you travel to the playoff!

Dec 17, 2018, 9:45 AM

If Clemson makes it to Santa Clara and loses this year with you in attendance, then you are no longer allowed to attend Clemson national championship games. Good luck!

Dec 17, 2018, 6:01 PM

And you know what? My Clemson bowl game record when I attended isn’t great.

My bowl game attendance:
- Peach Bowl 1999
- Gator Bowl 2000
- Tangarine Bowl 2002
- Orange Bowl 2015
- Natty 2015

Bowls that I almost went:
- Humanitarian Bowl 2001
- Peach Bowl 2004
- Orange Bowl 2014

And you know what happened.

If we lose, I will ask Dabo to pay me to stay home next year. LOL

I will be flying in from Uranus...

Dec 17, 2018, 9:49 AM

Wait..what?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I will be flying in from Uranus...

Dec 17, 2018, 11:17 AM

With a long layover in Blue Balls, Pa I assume?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopping for shrinkage due to cold weather***

Dec 17, 2018, 11:19 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I will be flying in from Uranus...

Dec 17, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to I will be flying in from Uranus... ]

Weird

Dec 17, 2018, 10:15 AM

I hope you guys have a great time and I hope the Tigers can win it all. I was in Miami for the 1981 NC Game. One of the best memories ever.

Pray for safe travel and loads of fun for you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 6:08 PM

Thank you.

I’ve attended a lot of Clemson games. I think my best moment that pops right out of my head now is the one when Aaron Hunt kicked that game winning field goal against SCar in 2000.

Dec 17, 2018, 11:22 AM

Probably not. Based upon some of the post i have seen on this board lately, there are a few that may be coming from Pluto.

In all seriousness, congratulations, that's awesome!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No1 visits Pluto any more

Dec 17, 2018, 12:12 PM

Ever since it lost its planet status.

Well, Frances Marion will be flying in from

Dec 17, 2018, 12:48 PM

LaLa Land, so there's that.

Regardless, congratulations. Have a safe journey!

Thank you.***

Dec 17, 2018, 6:37 PM

Dec 17, 2018, 2:24 PM

If we win a national championship next year we're going to need you to keep having children because the coincidence of winning a national championship the same year of your children being born twice is too much to ignore.

Dec 17, 2018, 6:19 PM

LOL We will stop at 2.

Anyway, I was thinking about this, I mean, about which year we will have the highest chance of winning the natty.

Nest year, Trevor Lawrence and ETN will be awesome, but we will lose experience on the line both sides of the ball. Also can’t wait to see what Higgin and Ross can do as well, no knock on other receivers.

Then, the year after next, Trevor Lawrence will be at his prime, but ETN will probably be game, but his replacement, either Lyn-J Dixon or anyone else will still be awesome.

Anyhow, I think with Trevor Lawrence at QB, he will get us to the playoff every year. He will probably win us one or more natty. But I guess this is the year for me. Flights to San Francisco is cheap. :)

I don’t think i can afford the tickets—both flight and playoff—when we play in Atlanta next year.

Dec 17, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I bet no one beats me how far you travel to the playoff! ]

Surely you named her Natalie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So which Tiger did you name your daughter after following

Dec 17, 2018, 6:31 PM

that epic 2016 game the week prior?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So which Tiger did you name your daughter after following

Dec 17, 2018, 6:36 PM

I was gonna give my baby Dabo as a nickname if it’s a boy. LOL

Was thinking Shauna (Ferris Bueller's sister also),

Dec 17, 2018, 7:39 PM

Christina, Renfrow, or of course the obvious - Big Dex.

Congrats all the way around. Safe travels, and enjoy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic