Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How soon will Watson be on the field ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,103

How soon will Watson be on the field ?

Aug 27, 2014, 5:11 PM

In a close game if Cole is having problems getting the O moving. You think Dabo will put Watson in? Our will it be a couple of designed plays to throw the Dawg D off?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3rd quarter.***

Aug 27, 2014, 5:12 PM

there's a thread below where you can ask Dabo this ... link

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15701947

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I may be going out on a bit of a limb here but...

I'd say during pre-game warm-ups.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i see what you did there...

is that allowed?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You're a bad influence***

Aug 27, 2014, 5:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How soon will Watson be on the field ?

Aug 27, 2014, 5:13 PM

3rd qtr at the earliest. I just hope we're ahead at that time. D'oh - what am I saying. Of course we will be ahead at that time. Piece of cake.

Per Dabo: "He’s not going to be just a situational guy. When

Aug 27, 2014, 5:14 PM

he plays, we can call anything. There is nothing that we feel he can’t do. He’s not a package guy. He’s not a short yardage guy. He’s not a bring him in only on this side of the field. He’s a guy that we have to get some experience."

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Swinney-Deshaun-Watsons-role-Georgia-16721

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Per Dabo: "He’s not going to be just a situational guy. When

Aug 27, 2014, 5:19 PM

So in other words the best most productive QB will play. As long as Cole is doing a good job, Watson will get mop up duty.

Not necessarily, no. Dabo said Watson WILL play

Aug 27, 2014, 5:48 PM

against UGA. Dabo made no exceptions; he did not say if we have a big lead or if Cole is playing poorly. He just said Watson will play, and he made it clear that when he plays, he won't just be in there to run a specific, limited package. It's very possible that Cole could be playing well and the game could be close; based on what Dabo said, Watson will play under those circumstances. Maybe Dabo goes back on that, I guess we'll see, but it sounds to me like Watson will play no matter what.

And of course the guy that coaches think gives us the best chance to win will play as long as the game is on the line. It sounds to me like they are confident in both QBs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: How soon will Watson be on the field ?

Aug 27, 2014, 5:15 PM

If you don't score on your first two series, I think you have to bring him in on the 3rd. Truthfully, DW scares me more than Stoudt and I am glad we don't have to deal with him next year.

So when UGa fails to score on its first two possessions

Aug 27, 2014, 5:18 PM

Richt should pull Mason and play the back-up?

Re: So when UGa fails to score on its first two possessions

Aug 27, 2014, 6:09 PM

DW needs experience if you want a Natty, you need someone to emerge and that is the opportunity. I don't see you getting there with Stoudt alone. DW is your best chance at a Natty, why wait? You need "something more" against FSU and USCjr and Stoudt isn't it imo. We don't know who our future is yet, so no need to rush our changes. You can keep this post and throw it in my face if Cole wins you a Natty

Re: So when UGa fails to score on its first two possessions

Aug 27, 2014, 6:14 PM

This Coot-like leg humper doesn't think much of Cole Stoudt. That is shocking .
I bet his opinion will only last another 75 hrs or so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

PDQ if Stoudt's not getting it done IMO***

Aug 27, 2014, 5:19 PM

When you least expect it, fate stumbles in.

Aug 27, 2014, 5:25 PM

Get me out of here Percy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we'll see DW in the first quarter.

Aug 27, 2014, 6:08 PM

You can C&P that for future humiliating come back at me.

I don't think we'll need him for I think CS will be doing well. I just think the coaching staff has something special for the dwags.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,103
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic