Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, what was it like?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,486

So, what was it like?

Sep 23, 2020, 10:04 PM

I apologize if someone already asked this, but what was it like to be in DV for the Citadel game? I redshirted my tickets, and this is the only home game that I have missed in years. The last one I missed was for a funeral. After all, she did give me the best years of her life. Just kidding about that last part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, what was it like?

Sep 23, 2020, 10:18 PM

I was a little nervous going in, but I felt safe. I took my son and we enjoyed it. It was definitely weird and there were some quirks, but glad we went. Our tix asked us to enter stadium btwn 2-230 and we went in at 230. It almost felt like a VIP backstage pass b/c we had so much room. No lines for bathroom or concessions. Most people wore their masks and an usher walked around every 10mins or so and politely reminded anyone not wearing one to put their mask on. The piped in crowd noise and lack of concessions was annoying. Don’t understand why they could pour a fountain drink but they couldn’t sell me a pizza. Bottom line if you have the chance to go, you should go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks

Sep 23, 2020, 10:25 PM

A buddy may have two tickets for Virginia, and, if so, he has invited me to go

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a little nervous going in, but I felt safe. I took my son and we enjoyed it. It was definitely weird and there were some quirks, but glad we went. Our tix asked us to enter stadium btwn 2-230 and we went in at 230. It almost felt like a VIP backstage pass b/c we had so much room. No lines for bathroom or concessions. Most people wore their masks and an usher walked around every 10mins or so and politely reminded anyone not wearing one to put their mask on. The piped in crowd noise and lack of concessions was annoying. Don’t understand why they could pour a fountain drink but they couldn’t sell me a pizza. Bottom line if you have the chance to go, you should go.

Different (obviously), but still awesome. Traffic was light

Sep 23, 2020, 10:47 PM

and parking lots are weird because the cars are very spread out. Most folks in small groups. A few all-in activity-wise like normal (cornhole, etc.). Did not see any trailers or tents. Game was same way. No line anywhere. Seat was in L versus the normal W, so in the sun the whole time, but it was a great day for football. The most annoying thing was how my ears felt afterwards after wearing a mask for about 8 hours during the day. Went with a friend so we both wore masks in the car both ways as well as at the game. We spread out tailgating and went mask-less except for portajohn visits. Great day and can't wait for the Virginia game!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2020, 11:04 PM

We were down in the endzone stands after 8 years in Top Deck North, so it was great to see the players life size instead of 1/2" tall. We were right there with Tiger Band and were proud of how well they adapted to their new location. We never quite managed to spell around the stadium - hopefully the E's will be more alert when we get into conference play. It was different, but it sure was good to be there!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,486
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic