Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what does it say when coach after the game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

So what does it say when coach after the game...

Mar 5, 2020, 11:42 AM

Says we had no energy and looked tired, in a game you had to try and have to get to the Big Tourney? Also said the coaches didn't do a good job...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what does it say when coach after the game...

Mar 5, 2020, 11:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Mar 5, 2020, 12:28 PM

Bigly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Mar 5, 2020, 11:45 AM

Well it can mean a couple of things.

It could mean he is a terrible motivator and his players never play well unless he stumbles into a good pregame talk.

It could also mean that our players spent time reading their press clippings after beating FSU, while forgetting about their previous bad games, and thought they could just roll out there and get a win without the extra effort. The coach may have tried everything to get their attention and the collective team ego was just too much.

It could also be a combination of those things or something completely different.

A lack of a sense of urgency from the AD and coaching staff

Mar 5, 2020, 11:48 AM

that works its way down through the team?

We are a comfortable coaching staff and team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 11:51 AM

Coaches, Brad didn't do his job, and that is coach the game and make changes when what they were doing wasn't working, I guess he was to tired to coach the guys playing the game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 12:03 PM

I'm not defending coach and his assistants but while I was watching I saw a lot of open shots missed and a defense that couldn't put a hand up in front of a 3 point shot. Just sayin!!!

Mar 5, 2020, 12:06 PM

What would the score have been if 2 points were made every time they missed the 3 point shot, we win right!!! We hit 9 of 35 3 point shots that equals 27 points, if 2 points were made with just half of the 26 missed 3 point attempts, thats 26 points more points that we made with 26 missed 3 point tries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 12:30 PM

I hear ya, but that's not how that works. You're then making the assumption that we made all 9 3pt attempts we took. 3 of 9 is probably more realistic, so it would only be a +8 and we still lose.

null

Mar 5, 2020, 1:09 PM

I was about to post pretty much the same thing.

+8 would've at least given us a chance at the end of the game. A 4 point loss is much better than a 12 point loss. It seems we live an die by the 3. We've had some outstanding shooting games, but when we come out cold, and don't attack the basket, we get blown out by very mediocre teams.

Hindsight is 20-20, but you have to see when something is just not working, and switch up the attack.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hindsight is 20/20 against VaTech...

Mar 5, 2020, 3:31 PM

we lost to them back in December when we were expected to blow them out because they lost their coach and top 3 players from last years team... they were expected to really struggle this year, but against us, they have excelled... they won't make the ncaa, but they just might make the NIT, which means that they have played better than expected because no one thought that they could or should sweep us this year, but they did...

that hindsight should have worked against VaTech, but it didn't, and that's on the coaches to get the players to stick to a winning game plan. Whoever is jacking up 3's outside of the intended offensive set and not hitting them, needs to sit and get coached up. If a senior or grad player is not listening because they only have this year left, they should spend this year on the bench no matter what the potential for them getting hot might be...

Mar 5, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: So what does it say when coach after the game... ]

We tried to attack the basket but turned the ball over almost every time we dribbled in the paint. Maybe the wrong players were doing the dribbling. I though we lost momentum when we went to the zone defense. Also, Dawes had a bad game after a long time.

I'm not sure it says much at all; at least not much

Mar 5, 2020, 12:32 PM

beyond that particular game. What does say a lot is a long track record with ongoing problems.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It says A LOT to some of us

Mar 5, 2020, 2:00 PM

and LITTLE to others.

Mar 5, 2020, 4:03 PM

Supporters will say it was a one off. Critics will say it is more of the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic