Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Terrific read from FGF. Lots of white flags
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Terrific read from FGF. Lots of white flags

Dec 28, 2016, 9:31 AM

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/not-that-yall-care-but-after-30-years-i-think-im-done-with-season-football-tix.215281/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Terrific read from FGF. Lots of white flags

Dec 28, 2016, 9:36 AM

Like many on here, I was banned a long time ago from that infested site, but I can only imagine the drama queen, the end of the world is near, post. They are all clueless, but some get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So this is where he finally chose to draw the line?

Dec 28, 2016, 9:37 AM

$CU has been a perennial doormat for the vast majority of the programs history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So this is where he finally chose to draw the line? UH

Dec 28, 2016, 9:39 AM

doormat on floor of the cellar stair door.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So this is where he finally chose to draw the line?

Dec 28, 2016, 9:40 AM [ in reply to So this is where he finally chose to draw the line? ]

Pretty good stat someone threw out:

"if you take away Spurrier's three 11 win seasons, we've won 8 games or less in 103 of the 109 years we've been playing the game"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Dec 28, 2016, 9:44 AM

That's sad. Hilarious but sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2016, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: So this is where he finally chose to draw the line? ]

Clemson has twenty 9+ win seasons since 1978.

Gotta give these Coot Fans some loving since astute as to who they are

Dec 28, 2016, 12:26 PM

And it probably won't ever get much better except for a lucky season or two.. And they Know who the BiG Brother is in the state for winning football over the 100+ years of the rivalry (26 more wins for Tigers).

Yep, if tailgating is their main charm then I feel for them parked in an asphalt jungle with industrial warehouses everywhere & that Rag of a newspaper company's building being the focal point next to Willie Brice with it's many round turnstiles on the corners so they can exit in mass after losing another game! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2016, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: So this is where he finally chose to draw the line? ]

That's half my lifetime in less than half my lifetime; would be even more (9/9+ Ws per year) if we hadn't lost Coach Ford and did not have an incompetent AD in the 90's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOOO if you INCLUDE SOS three 11 win seasons then USuC ....

Dec 28, 2016, 9:43 AM

Has won 8 games or less in 100 of their 109 year history!

So IMHO regardless of any inclusions or exclusions or other insane rationalizations, the Coot football program has sucked, is currently sucky and will suck in the future!

HAHAHA

Dec 28, 2016, 10:16 AM

That is an amazing stat.. Can't believe that one isn't all over the place more often.. Thanks for that one man.

GO TIGERS!!

"loose stools in the middle of the night" lol***

Dec 28, 2016, 9:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Gold , Jerry!*

Dec 28, 2016, 9:55 AM

Nm

Wow, thank the good Lord we are tigers!

Dec 28, 2016, 10:02 AM

Can't imagine how depressing it would be to be a Coot fan.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sums it up perfectly

Dec 28, 2016, 10:05 AM

I'm guessing they secretly all feel this way...

I am 56 years old and wy parents which are 80 now had season tickets for 28 years. My dad said they just got tired of going and gave up their seats years ago One thing he told me that i will always remember is at one game my dad was raising hell because we were getting the #### beat out of us by some team and this old man behind him said "son, i have been coming here for x amount of years and it is fun to come and tailgate and have fun but don't ever expect this team to beat anybody." I thought i would share that with ya'll.

This one is my favorite

Dec 28, 2016, 10:22 AM

OP. I think we can all understand this. I think some of us need to take a step back an realize who we are and where we have been. We have very little tradition and have an overall record that is around .500. Spurrier gave us a taste of what playing with the big boys is all about, in the end this may have been the worst thing for us. Now we expect that every year and the expectations are unrealistic, that is not who we are. Boom can make a competitive program here, but how do you measure success? His problem will be that the barbarians are at the gate, ready to pounce. I hope he is given time to be competitive, but I doubt he will. The clowns n the upstate have made all of this much harder.

I guess the question is who are we, when you take out the short run of success.

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic