Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So they went back to the kids in cages...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

So they went back to the kids in cages...

Oct 23, 2020, 8:06 AM

First, I'll say Trump actually looked a lot better last night. He finally listened to his advisers and didn't look like a raging idiot this time. Still an unfit ### hole, but a calmer one and more collected one.

Next, if you twisted yourself in knots defending the inhumane practice of separating kids from their parents because, well, you just have to defend all things Trump, you can't do it anymore. Even Trump admitted last night that the policy was wrong and shouldn't have happened.

Thus, you were wrong as well. I think it's way too little, way too late, but it was a rather landmark moment: Trump actually admitting that he ###### up on one of his policies.

He said Biden put the kids in cages. That isn't true; the VP doesn't really have that power. But it certainly happened under Obama, and it was a policy that stretches back to Clinton. It doesn't matter who was president; it's a bipartisan #### up when we're putting children in chainlink pens (some clowns here used to argue they weren't actually cages... okay.)

It's important to remember why Trump's version of this was far worse and more inhumane. He and his Keebler Elf Attorney General at the time implemented this policy as a punitive measure. That wasn't done under the previous admins.

Here's the important part: Trump and Co. implemented this policy as a 'zero tolerance,' separate every child from mom and dad as a means of punishment and immigration deterrence.

That's not just wrong. It's evil, and will close out a sad chapter in American history. Even Trump admitted last night it was wrong.

Now I know some of you are smashing that reply button to scream, "But they're brought over by cartels! And coyotes!" because you'll parrot anything Dear Leader says. And I'm sure there are some cases where that is true.

But tearing just one child away from his or her mother for the sake of sending an immigration punishment message is cruel, evil, and a sad failure by our nation.

There are 545 kids whose parents they can't find. We failed. A bi-partisan failure that led to a raging imbecile implementing an inhumane practice. And if you defended it, shame on you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: So they went back to the kids in cages...

Oct 23, 2020, 8:28 AM

People would never use kids as a shield to their crimes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which crime?

Oct 23, 2020, 8:45 AM

Are you arguing that an immigrant trying to come to America is using his son or daughter as a shield?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Oct 23, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: So they went back to the kids in cages... ]

Keowee,

Perhaps you believe that, but you need some evidence to get me to believe it.

Do you have any ?

Then why do YOU believe it ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 8:31 AM

I don't mind the kids in cages. Where are we supposed to put them?

I’m no expert, having only raised a couple,

Oct 23, 2020, 8:33 AM

but I think they prefer bedrooms.

Re: I’m no expert, having only raised a couple,

Oct 23, 2020, 8:50 AM

They were in bedrooms. You just didn't like the walls.

Oct 23, 2020, 12:34 PM

Carl,

I don't think that a lousy mattress on a concrete floor surrounded by chain link fencing qualifies as a bedroom. It sounds more like a dog kennel.

Do you have kids ? Did YOU keep them in a kennel ?

Oct 23, 2020, 12:36 PM

Probably better than what they had at home. Do they need a bed frame?

Oct 23, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I’m no expert, having only raised a couple, ]

robertn® said:

but I think they prefer bedrooms.

They don't deserve bedrooms. They are brown people who don't equal white Americans no matter how you play it.

Sincerely,
The Republican Party

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 1:02 PM

Why would they deserve bedrooms?

The key sticking point that Biden whiffed on isn't the cage

Oct 23, 2020, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: So they went back to the kids in cages... ]

it's the separation from their family.

I couldn't imagine my 2 kids being locked away in a strange place without me or their mom because I got the equivalent of slow rolling a stop sign.

I like your funny words magic man

Precisely, and...

Oct 23, 2020, 8:46 AM

The fact that this practice was turned into a punitive weapon by the Trump admin. A zero tolerance deterrent. With the Trump admin, the cruelty is always the point.

I wouldn't equate sneaking into a foreign country with

Oct 23, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to The key sticking point that Biden whiffed on isn't the cage ]

slow rolling a stop sign.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

both are misdemeanors***

Oct 23, 2020, 9:14 AM

But when they stay in the US, they are slow rolling the

Oct 23, 2020, 9:16 AM

stop sign daily while giving the cop watching them the finger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay, fine, run with that.

Oct 23, 2020, 11:12 AM

Do we take those people's kids away and lock them up in poor conditions?

Broseph, after being closely exposed over the past year

Oct 23, 2020, 11:25 AM

to the foster system, I might take cages.

I know, I know, more a commentary on the poor state of foster care than a true rebuttal to your premise....I accept and acknowledge that in advance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: both are misdemeanors***

Oct 23, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to both are misdemeanors*** ]

You can get up to a year in jail for certain misdemeanors. They are not all the same obviously.

Re: I wouldn't equate sneaking into a foreign country with

Oct 23, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't equate sneaking into a foreign country with ]

Joey,

They were seeking asylum.

why don't the parents just go get the kids***

Oct 23, 2020, 8:33 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why don't the parents just go get the kids***

Oct 23, 2020, 8:53 AM

Maybe the parents do not want to be deported, or maybe the parents think it is better that the child lives in the United States.

In either case,

Oct 23, 2020, 9:12 AM

why are we bemoaning the fact that these kids aren't with such clearly rotten parents?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In either case,

Oct 23, 2020, 10:49 AM

How do we know that their parents are rotten? Maybe the parents are doing what they think is best for their child.

If my two children were all but guaranteed

Oct 23, 2020, 10:56 AM

to either be raped, forced into a gang, killed, or all 3, I believe I would do whatever it took to keep them safe. Including sneaking into another country.

If that makes me rotten then so be it.

There isn't a country in the world where that is

Oct 23, 2020, 11:10 AM

"all but guaranteed". If you want to try and make the point without mythic-levels of hyperbole, I'm all ears.

Re: why don't the parents just go get the kids***

Oct 23, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to why don't the parents just go get the kids*** ]

Henry,

How would the parents know that their kids were among the 500 (that is not all of them) or how to go about getting them back - or where they are exactly.

It is not quite as simple as it sounds.

Perhaps we will read some of these stories in the coming weeks.

Oct 23, 2020, 8:44 AM

What should we do with them? You act as if then545 kids have parents actively looking for them.... what would you do if you got separated from your children? You would probably look for them right?

Why aren’t any parents looking for their children?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, this is the argument now?

Oct 23, 2020, 8:47 AM

"We took your kids away and locked them up to teach you a lesson. Now why aren't you looking for them?!?!"

Re: Oh, this is the argument now?

Oct 23, 2020, 8:50 AM

Catahoula said:

"We took your kids away and locked them up to teach you a lesson. Now why aren't you looking for them?!?!"

Nobody is taking kids away to teach their parents a lesson you blabbering idiot.

Again, what would you do? How would you handle kids getting smuggled via coyotes? Do you know how many kids have been smuggled via coyotes?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, this is the argument now?

Oct 23, 2020, 9:09 AM

Nobody is taking kids away to teach their parents a lesson you blabbering idiot.

Are you serious? That's exactly what Jeff Sessions said they were doing when they implemented the no tolerance policy! They were changing it to a punitive measure.

You really are uninformed.

Oct 23, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: So they went back to the kids in cages... ]

MT,

How do you know that the parents are not looking ? How long would one have to look (gov't runaround) before they gave up actively looking ?

Do you have ANY idea what these people have been put through by our gov't ? Then why make assumptions about them ? How about a modicum of compassion ?

Oct 23, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: So they went back to the kids in cages... ]

What should we do with them? You act as if then545 kids have parents actively looking for them.... what would you do if you got separated from your children? You would probably look for them right?

Why aren’t any parents looking for their children?

Maybe they shouldn't have been separated from their parents in the first place?

But your right, it's the parent's fault for not walking 1000 miles again from El Salvador with no money, food or protection. Not to mention Mexico is turning them away from its border.

Not.

Oct 23, 2020, 8:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h9rslPKUPw

How would Cat have handled it?

Oct 23, 2020, 9:14 AM

I agree, kids in cages = bad.

But there were thousands of people descending on the border - many with kids because they've heard US Americans get all teary-eyed when there are kids involved. They thought they'd be handled like the catch-and-release folks of the previous administration.

When they heard otherwise - they came in anyway.

Those 545 kids make me worry/wonder about their parents. If the parents were in the US, they'd come get them.

Here's how Cat wouldn't have handled it.

Oct 23, 2020, 11:14 AM

He wouldn't have stripped people of their children as a punitive measure because he's a human being and not a raging sociopath who lacks a conscience or a moral compass.

There.

So you're calling B. Hussein Obama a

Oct 23, 2020, 11:17 AM

"raging sociopath who lacks a conscience or a moral compass"

Since he built the cages?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Obama lives in a 10 million dollar mansion in Martha's

Oct 23, 2020, 11:22 AM

Vineyard. Clearly he is a self absorbed sociopath.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're calling B. Hussein Obama a

Oct 23, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to So you're calling B. Hussein Obama a ]

Wilbur,

Did he separate families willfully ??

I will scream and smash the reply button

Oct 23, 2020, 10:37 AM

“Some cases”is a gross understatement

That’s all

Okay, give me exact data to prove it then.***

Oct 23, 2020, 11:14 AM

Re: Okay, give me exact data to prove it then.***

Oct 23, 2020, 11:56 AM

"There are 545 kids whose parents they can't find. We failed."

Got it folks? It's OUR fault, not their parent's.

Re: Okay, give me exact data to prove it then.***

Oct 23, 2020, 12:44 PM

Paw,

Are you seriously arguing that we - The USA - could not have found a better way of dealing with these asylum seekers and their children ??

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic