Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Golf Update: Clemson hires women's golf coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Golf Update: Clemson hires women's golf coach

Jul 15, 2016, 10:04 AM

Clemson hires women's golf coach

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Golf Update: Clemson hires women's golf coach

Jul 15, 2016, 11:03 AM

She has experience starting a program which is good since she is restarting ours. This after the last one wrecked it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2016, 11:29 AM

I believe we hired someone who will quickly get our program back to a high standard. UGa. AD's loss is our gain! We have the facilities and overall Golf history (men's) to rebound with a clearly qualified coach who can obviously develop talent.

Go Tigers!

Jul 15, 2016, 1:21 PM

How do the women's facilities compare to those upgraded for the men or did the improvements include those for the girls as well?

New coach appears to be a solid hire.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jul 15, 2016, 1:37 PM

Facilities are used by both if I recall correctly. We should recruit well based upon Coach Hester's overall record and her knowledge of the entire South, especially Georgia and the Carolinas.

Obviously she can coach, again based upon the players she previously developed. Hopefully no more current Tiger players will transfer!

Go Tigers!

Jul 15, 2016, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Golf Update: Clemson hires women's golf coach ]

Due to tilte ix they have to have comparable facilities to the men's team, so they probably share the facilities.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 15, 2016, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Golf Update: Clemson hires women's golf coach ]

Yep....the women use all the same golf practice facilities and the Penley Golf Building just like the men. I have no doubt that with her experience and the available facilities she will have to top flight program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2016, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Golf Update: Clemson hires women's golf coach ]

I thought the women used the same practice facilities, but seemed to recall a post made at the time of the coach's dismissal implying the locker rooms and amenities weren't up to the same standard as those recently upgraded for the men. Evidently misconstrued the comment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

they share the practice facilities but the women's locker

Jul 16, 2016, 9:52 AM

room/dressing room/showers is in the Walker Course clubhouse (about 1/3 of that building). They have a lounge/study room in there too. It's pretty nice itself. They tend to use the Walker course for practice more than the men's team does (because of length). The men's clubhouse is not large enough to have a women's locker room in it because there was no women's team when it was designed/built. But as I say, they share use of the men's clubhouse workout room, indoor putting room, equipment lab (where they fix clubs and such), and of course the outdoor practice area over in the bottoms.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2016, 11:48 AM

Looks like a great hire! Welcome to the Clemson family Coach!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did she leave Georgia to go to Furman?***

Jul 15, 2016, 2:40 PM

Found it

Jul 15, 2016, 2:53 PM

UGA didn't renew her contract after the 2012 season.

So that makes the question, why did UGA (her alma mater)

Jul 15, 2016, 3:06 PM

not renew her contract?

Curious to go from UGA to Furman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So that makes the question, why did UGA (her alma mater)

Jul 15, 2016, 3:22 PM

What's wrong with Furman? Haven't they always had a pretty good golf program? Didn't Beth Daniel go there?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2016, 4:33 PM

There is nothing wrong with Furman. However, it does seem a step down from UGA/SEC to Furman/SoCon, plus she left her alma mater. Not typically expected. I am just curious why UGA chose not to renew her contract. I guess I would expect UGA with its much larger athletic budget to offer more resources (salary, facilities, etc.) than Furman.

Were they unhappy with the team's performance, personality clash with the AD, or a myriad of many other potential reasons?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2016, 9:20 AM

Women's team at UGA was not performing well while she was there. They decided to go another direction when her contract came due.

Jul 16, 2016, 9:26 AM

She took multiple teams to NCAA's but UGA wanted a Natty... They parted ways... We have gotten an outstanding coach!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic