Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, stats show Clemson-FSU outpulled SC-GA game by 800K
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

So, stats show Clemson-FSU outpulled SC-GA game by 800K

Feb 2, 2013, 2:27 PM

viewers during 7 & 8pm broadcasts! It was 4.8 million to 4.0 million..and stats don't lie, do they.

And to think two "lowly" ACC teams could outdo supposively two "finer" SEC teams!

And, our instate game with SC garnered 4.0 million viewers vs UGA-GT game, which was 1 million more viewers..(3.1 million to 2.1 million)..saying, our little state loves its college FB more than the Peach State does.

GoTiGERs...keep fighting Boys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link?***

Feb 2, 2013, 2:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, stats show Clemson-FSU outpulled SC-GA game by 800K

Feb 2, 2013, 3:09 PM

You're comparing apples to oranges. Clemson/FSU was on national TV ABC, USC/UGA was on cable (ESPN). I notice you left out the fact that twice as many viewers watched South Carolina football in 2012 than they did Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they wanted to put Clemson on national TV

Feb 2, 2013, 3:10 PM

And not the UGA game. South Carolina gets more views because it plays more exciting teams. So if you're saying that's apples and oranges, how can you compare teams who don't play the same games?

Clemson

Re: So they wanted to put Clemson on national TV

Feb 2, 2013, 3:20 PM

So what you're saying is, is that Clemson had a bigger game compared to USC's against Georgia, but over the course of the season USC had twice as many viewers on their games?

So you're admitting the coots are better? Get out of here.

Feb 2, 2013, 3:27 PM

Loser...

Loser...

Loser...

Loser...

Feb 2, 2013, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: So they wanted to put Clemson on national TV ]

Our bowl game had more viewers... And you had Mighty Michigan to help pull your weight.

Feb 2, 2013, 4:21 PM

The Chick Fil A had no game opposite it and the SoCar/Michigan had 3 games on at the same time. They had 11 million viewers for the Uga/Nebraska game and the SoCar/Michigan almost had as many as the Clemson/LSU game anyway. I don't think you realize it but the argument could be made the crowd viewers were there to watch LSU.

You could have been right

Feb 2, 2013, 4:27 PM

Also, New years Ever didn't have as many home viewers due to people being out for the ball drop. So there's also that. Our game DID have the (combined) higher ranked teams, but the point is viewers are hard to determine accurately

Clemson

Feb 2, 2013, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: So they wanted to put Clemson on national TV ]

Uh, Michigan fan base dwarfs your cooties... Nice spin though.

Low boy cant admit the truth he is so jealous..coot***

Feb 2, 2013, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: So they wanted to put Clemson on national TV ]

Re: Low boy cant admit the truth he is so jealous..coot***

Feb 2, 2013, 6:13 PM

Jealous of what 1/2 cup? You say this all the time. If I was a coot I would still have no reason to be jealous. I guess that's your standard "I have no good argument" comeback.

After reading all your post today,I can't defend

Feb 2, 2013, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: So they wanted to put Clemson on national TV ]

you, anytime someone says something good about Clemson or something better than SC, you defend the coots. Someone post about Clemson having more viewers and you defend SC?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First, that doesn't list every game

Feb 2, 2013, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: So they wanted to put Clemson on national TV ]

Even in the title, it says 'almost'.

Second, Twice as many viewers? No. More? Probably so, because the fan bases they play against are bigger than the ones Clemson does.

You think everyone came to watch THEM play? My, what arrogance

Clemson

Ponti..I don't believe that twice as many watched SC over CU

Feb 2, 2013, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: So, stats show Clemson-FSU outpulled SC-GA game by 800K ]

Prove it!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he meant to say was

Feb 2, 2013, 4:01 PM

SCar might have had twice as many fans of opposing teams watch games that SCar participated in. For SCar University's sake they had better hope no average fan tunes in. Everything about that team is a turn off. But you have to hand it to them. they are the 25th most attractive community college in the southeast.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Link?***

Feb 2, 2013, 3:13 PM

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/12/college-football-wrap-tv-ratings-for-almost-every-game-this-season/

Thanks!! Good info.***

Feb 2, 2013, 4:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2013, 3:30 PM

Bottom line, Clemson is a national brand, south carolina? national joke.

Real bottom line is TiGERs are 24 games ahead of Coots...no

Feb 2, 2013, 3:57 PM

matter the last 4-peat...OR it would be 28 games behind if they hadn't won those last four! Stats & the truth do count.

GoTiGERs!

Feb 2, 2013, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: So, stats show Clemson-FSU outpulled SC-GA game by 800K ]

Cyber...not trying to kick the milking stool out from under you but the national pundits describe SoCar as a program that Spurrier built into an SEC power and Clemson as an underachiever with the talent they have. That is not my take but it is the national perception I will not take issue with this but it's the way the program has been perceived even with Tommy Bowden as coach. I hear it all the time and it may not be the case but I am telling you what I see and what the people in the media say all the time. Clemson has finally gotten the coaches needed to make a move but talk is not going to do it and slamming SoCar is not the answer either. The ugliest girl in the room hates the prettiest girl in the room and tells everyone the pretty girl is the ugly one. No one believes it and deep down inside neither does she. Not saying Clemson is the ugly girl, far from it, but it makes my point.

#9***

Feb 2, 2013, 11:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ponti..I don't believe that twice as many watched SC over CU

Feb 2, 2013, 4:45 PM

Here you go.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/12/college-football-wrap-tv-ratings-for-almost-every-game-this-season/

YEp..interesting stats & what can Clemson do vs WF, Duke, BC

Feb 2, 2013, 5:51 PM

when SC has those Middle-Boy schools like Vander, ARK, Ky who have pretty fair group of Fans..and of course UF & The Big-Boys...while WF, Duke & BC have Zip Fan Base!!

We can't be the entire Circus on our own, no matter how neat our Brand is, SEC size of our stadium, bright Orange color that rivets the TV eyeball, The Hill, DV #1, Dabo yelling..etc.

Feb 2, 2013, 6:44 PM

Carolina outdrew Clemson by 12 million viewers.

Feb 2, 2013, 7:24 PM

Yeah, don't just divide a split broadcast by two unless you have more details. Sometimes the split is far from 50% in households. I give you a "C"

who cares

Feb 2, 2013, 8:04 PM

give Clemson the entire viewer ship for that time slot and the Gamecocks still have more viewers by a huge margin.

Difficult to believe ##### outdrew Clemson by 12 mil BUT we

Feb 2, 2013, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: So, stats show Clemson-FSU outpulled SC-GA game by 800K ]

Clemson outdrew where it really counted..in the big games..Us against FSU compared to You & UGA...and in Bowl.

Oh, I'll be a sport and say congrats on the extra 12 million..but it would have been 15 million more if it'd been Clemson against your same opponents since we have history, that bright Orange color that zazzles the eye, great runners & wr's...and the name Clemson where Heisman started our history.

Take that Coot! Haaaa! GoTiGERs!

Feb 2, 2013, 8:08 PM

So more people watched a FSU-Clemson game on ABC that was competitive until the 4th quarter that had minimal competition on other networks? Shocking.

South Carolina was up 3 TD's on UGA in the first quarter and there were 2 very close, competitive games going on at the same time with Ohio State-Nebraska and Texas-WVU.

By all means, please continue with your ridiculous line of thinking.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic